Wednesday, March 31

This Is The Sound Of Settling.



I put up the link for Air America Radio, so check it out if you have some spare time and a Real Player. They will be expanding their server to make it more accessible. I tried for hours to listen in to "The O'Franken Factor" today, and only got 10 second blurbs every 2 minutes. Be patient, they'll fix it and you'll like it. Unless you're some kinda Nazi.

Moving on, I received mixed reactions to my first top 10 post, but I noticed one sentiment that remained constant. I may be overstepping my bounds a bit, but I think that nobody on the planet likes Renee Zellweger. Not only that, but I think that everyone on the planet HATES her. I never thought that this overwhelming hatred for one solitary actress would turn into a worldwide epidemic. I apologize to Ms. Zellweger, she should have been higher on the list.

Last weekend, Ben, Sherry, Aaron, Celia and I went to Milwaukee to see Death Cab For Cutie. They put on a good show, although I'm constantly reminded why I hate The Rave as soon as I arrive there. Overbooking shows, complete price gouging, and an asshole staff make for a pretty pathetic night. You have to question the morals of a venue that charges 4 bucks for a cup of ice and Sprite. We had as much fun as we could have though, but it would have been cooler if we could have snuck upstairs to see The Darkness. They were also playing there that night, which made for an interesting clash of metalheads and indie rock kids in the same building. Hopefully nobody hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm not through hassling the Madison Police Department for a job. Having turned me down already for the job of File Clerk (see previous posts), I am now trying for the position of Clerk Typist. This seems like basically the same job without having to handle evidence. I'll let you know how that turns out.

The Weezer 10th Anniversary Blue Album Reissue is out now. This was the first CD I ever bought, way back when I was 12 in 1994. Since then, I've purchased some 600 other CD's, but the Blue Album will always be one of the best I own. This either says something for the timeless quality of early Weezer, or the quality of CD's I buy. I'm sure Celia would have something to say about this. And I bet she will.

And for God's sake, start watching Arrested Development on FOX Sunday nights, or it's going to be cancelled. If this happens, I will personally execute the entire cast of "Yes Dear". I swear to you, I'll do it.

Stick around for the second half of my top 10 later this week.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home