Thursday, April 22

Gone Screenwriting!



No time to chat today, I've been busy the last few days working on a script for Benjamin. I'll be back next week with a bunch of new stuff, and details on the screenplay. Stay busy, lord knows I'm trying.

(EDIT - SATURDAY, APRIL 24)
I'm finished with the first act, and still going strong. I took a break on Friday to read Ben's (almost) completed first draft, and was just floored. To be completely honest, I didn't think he could write something so good. I'm proud of you, Ben! On the other hand, it makes me want to quit mine, because it seems to pale in comparision. I suppose it's next to impossible to compare a comedy mockumentary to a sci-fi dramedy, but hey, I just did. Talk to you again soon.

(EDIT - SUNDAY, APRIL 25)
I'm in about 20 pages, which is good considering I wanted it to be about a half hour long. I already know it's going to be longer. I'm going to be very busy this upcoming week with job interviews and tests a-plenty, not to mention a little court hearing to change my name. What that means is I want to get as far as possible before all of those distractions take me from it for a few days. In order to get myself in the mindset of a good screenwriter, I've refused to shave, and have been drinking at home for motivation. This seemed to work for all the greats, including Ben, although he managed to pass out the first time he tried this method. Nevertheless, things are good, I've got a busy week coming up, and I'll keep in touch.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home