Tuesday, December 14

C.D.P. Year In Review!

I wanted to piece together the year I had through a string of Blog posts. For me, this is a trip down recent memory lane. For you, it's a chance to read what I wrote when I wrote better than I write now.

On January 30, I graduated from Madison Media Institute. The diploma I got from them tells me that I know something about music and recording technology. I don't know if this is true or not, but I did give them a lot of money, so I'm taking the title and running with it. Here's a never before-seen photo of me and my family on graduation night.



I look tall, but my Mother is 4'6". A couple days later, I celebrated my 21st birthday. Me and Celia went to T.G.I. Friday's, and I had a non-alcoholic drink. I wanted to start my 21st year off responsible and mature. It's a good thing I did, because 2004 was the most important, busiest and best year of my life so far.

Here's the proof. (Said dates are the date in which it was originally posted. Some picture links are dead, you're not missing anything important, I promise.)

Be sure to check out each link along the way. If you didn't, this post would really suck ass.

February 12, 2004 - The CDP is officially launched. Being unemployed and afraid to look for a job after college, I resort to wasting my time on the computer. I still am doing this, but now I make more money. Celia wasn't happy at all with this, and within the end of the day she had launched a Blog of her own, for the sole purpose of making fun of me. She manages to keep it up for 8 months.

February 19, 2004 - My job search officially starts. Things don't go as well as they should.

February 23, 2004 - Cassie, a friend of Celia's, gets married. Everyone looks very nice, including the decorative sheet that Celia made to decorate the reception hall. I make an ass of myself.

March 2, 2004 - The bad news is that Celia's dog, Rip, passes away after living a wonderful long life. The good news is that Celia gets a nice new job. Take the good with the bad.

April 15, 2004 - My job search officially continues. Suffering from cabin fever, you can see it begin to take effect on me. I manage to blow 3 interviews in one day. At one particular interview, when asked what my biggest fault is, I respond "modesty". The interview is cut short when I become mumbling and incoherent. Everything I just said is completely true.

April 22, 2004 - After hitting rock bottom, I realize that I need to do something productive with all my free time. I had been talking to Benjamin for a while about writing him a screenplay with the intent of filming. Stricken with inspiration, I settle down to write my first full-length screenplay. It becomes one of the biggest things I've ever had the drive to complete.

May 4, 2004 - I complete the screenplay, and launch an official site to document the making of it. For not having a job, I quickly become someone who's doing a lot of work everyday.

May 14, 2004 - Through some massive loophole in the State Employment System, I manage to get a job in the midst of a statewide hiring freeze. I have a minor breakdown. The idea of working for the first time in years scares the hell out of me. It still does.

June 24, 2004 - Truly the best weekend of my life.

July 6, 2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11 is released to a worldwide audience. My goals in life instantly change.

August 9, 2004 - Erin Koplitz turns 21, and we all attend a party at her house. Even thought it was her party, I leave learning a lot about myself. You sometimes find inspiration in the strangest places.

August 15, 2004 - Me and Celia head out to New Glarus for a day. The weather is perfect, the scenery is perfect, and I get to mini-golf and bowl in the same day. Unforgettable.

August 23-30, 2004 - The Olympics are in full swing, the Sun Prairie Sweet Corn Festival is up and running, and Ben and Sherry get married. If that isn't enough excitement, the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile made an unexpected stop in my driveway. What a week!

September 6, 2004 - We start moving into a new apartment. Due to our disdain for most of humanity, we attempt to do the entire move on our own. You can see the results.

September 10, 2004 - The obligatory September 11 post.

October 1, 2004 - John Kerry wins the first debate of the 2004 election. Things are looking up for the Democrats, Liberals and majority of the United States. I urge people to vote.

October 15, 2004 - I officially pull the plug on "72 Hours". I found that it was almost impossible to create what I had written with the....just read it for yourself.

October 25, 2004 - We see Michael Moore speak in Green Bay. With less than 10 days until the election, he riles up the crowd and prepares them for the most important election of our lifetime. Also, Ashlee Simpson gets caught lip-synching on SNL.

October 28, 2004 - The Boston Red Sox win the world series. Besides the wedding, this is my favorite moment of the year. With just a few days before the election, there's still time for another wonderful 2004 moment.

November 1, 2004 - I urge people to vote. I haven't slept in days, wondering what will happen.

November 5, 2004 - The election is over. The C.D.P. celebrates Post #100, and the launching of Boycott Unity. My rage and disbelief are channeled into something besides the barrel of a shotgun.

November 29, 2004 - Celia celebrates her 21st birthday, almost a year after I do. I once again manage to make an ass of myself.

Which leads us back to the present. 2004 is almost over, but I will never forget it.

COMING SOON!
The Worst Christmas Ever
A Cure For Insomnia
CDP Top 10 of Everything
Barely Legal Teens

Comments:
Not only do I look short, I look extremely fat. Oh wait a minute I am extremely fat. Thanks Ryan.
 
OH please!!! If you're fat, then God help the rest of us :)

"A cure for insomnia"? I remember that. Love!

P.S. We went to the Olive Garden for your 21st birthday, I thought.
 
Nope, I think we went to T.G.I. Friday's. I made a mental note of it. I even remember where we were sitting.

Yeah, my Mom looks like a whale in that picture. "Hey, where's my Mom, and what's that whale doing at my graduation?" Geez.

Did you notice the old-school CDP in that first link? It'll take you about an hour to read all of them, but it's totally worth it, I think. It's fun to remember incredibly recent nostalgia!
 
Yo, going through the page as usual to catch up and make an embarrassment of myself for trying not to laugh in a stuffy quiet computer lab! I have to say that CPD is a great escape from writing a 10+ page paper on the Spanish Inqusition: its causes, new insights and its relation to the anti-semitic side of the Reformation. I am a sucker for kickin' myself in the head! Thanks for the mental break. Adios.
 
Hey Koplie, it's been awhile!

You're the second person in just as many days using my page as a diversion from a college Spanish project. That's weird as hell.

Also, I agree with you completely. Catching up with the Canadian Police Department is a great way to waste your day.

Don't be a stranger!
 
And people attempting to escape from vocabulary acquisition or something like that! haha.
 
I'm an asshole.
 
Woah, I totally screwed up on the thing about my birthday.

I said I turned 21 on February 1, 2004. Actually, I turned 22 on that day. My 21st birthday was February 1, 2003. (For the record, we went to the Olive Garden on my 22nd birthday, so Celia's right, considering I forgot how old I was.)
 
You're still wrong. We went to Olive Garden for your 21st and TGI Friday's for your 22nd. I know these things!
 
We went to T.G.I. Friday's for birthday #21.
We went to Olive Garden for birthday #22.

Hey, let's go to the Olive Garden on Friday.
 
Hi Blogger,
During my search for information about apartment sale, I found your Blog,
although this post isn't exactly what I was looking for, I like the topic and the way you wrote it. My interest goes out to apartment sale related information, but I always admire a well written post.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home