Thursday, December 16

Your Boyfriend Sucks.

A few quick things to share before the weekend:



1. Polysics are still the greatest band in the world. Just in case you forgot.

2. Head on over to Boycott Unity, and check out the new comic strip I'm doing. I've got about a week's worth of material up there, with more on the way. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I'm on to something.

3. Has anyone seen the previews for White Noise yet? It stars Michael Keaton, and it's about summoning spirits through radio and television frequencies. This is called EVP, and it's something I've been interested in for a while. I even attempted it many years back with some friends, a tape recorder and a graveyard. Anyways, this movie looks scary as hell, apparently trying to cash in on the success of the Ring. Sounds good to me!

4. On Saturday, a handful of us are heading down to Milwaukee to see the almighty Benjamins take the stage for the first time in years. It should be a blast.

5. It's always around this time of year that I start to get nostalgic. You see, 5 years ago was when I met my future Wife, and my life sort of changed. I met all these neat people, got to do all these neat things and made memories I can't forget even if I tried. So I'm busting out all the old winter CD's, and reverting to the age of 18 from now until late January. I've done it every year since 1999, so why stop now? Does anyone else get moody and nostalgic in the Winter?

6. The next 2 weeks are going to be big here at the CDP, so I hope you keep coming back. I wanted to pull in more hits than in any other month, and it's going to come down to the wire. Stay tuned for "The Top 10 of Everything" and "A Cure For Insomnia", among other things. I've also been kicking around the idea of having a New Year's Eve party at my home, but I'll have to discuss it with the Missus before we make it official. I'm thinking everyone will be busy with their own things that day, but I guess we'll see.

7. Oh, and just to get you to come back this weekend, I have a SPECIAL SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT that I will be sharing on SATURDAY. This is something that not even Celia knows about, so you know I've been keeping it under wraps. I've known this news for a few days now, and keeping it a surprise is tearing me up. All I can say is that it's good news for me, I'm happy about it, and I wanted to tell someone. It's nothing massive or anything, just something that (hopefully) you'll be proud of me for. I've been keeping it a secret because I was afraid if I told anyone, I'd jinx myself and it would fall through. It didn't though, and now I get to tell everybody. So make sure you stop in on Saturday for that bit of information.

Enjoy your casual Friday, ladies and gents. Try to get your shopping done.

Comments:
Are you going to tell everyone that you snagged those front row seats to the Leanne Rimes concert that you've been so desparately trying to get??? I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag!
 
I can't for the life of me figure out why she still has a career. When she was like, 16 years old, she ripped off a Patsy Cline song, and 10 years later people still give a rat's ass.

But, the answer is yes. I did get those tickets. I won them in a contest on a local Country station in Madison. I listened to it for 2 hours without blowing my brains out all over the interior of my car. I called to let them know, and they sent me the tickets. Nice fellows.
 
I think Sherry was hoping to have a New Year's Eve party, but I believe she has to work that day. We may do our friend party on New Years day though in Green Bay if it all works out.

I can't wait to hear the damn news! It's been fricken bugging me!
 
I don't care where the party is, or who is in attendance. All I care about is kissing Ben when the ball drops.

Holy crap. I didn't mean to type that out loud.

Anyways, about the surprise. I'll be spilling the beans early in the day, because we're going to the Benjamins show that evening. Speaking of which, I have to call some people tonight and see if they're coming down for that.
 
You know what? I don't think we've EVER kissed on New Years before.
 
Ben and I have only kissed on a few New Year's Eve's. One time it was at a bowling alley with a middle-schooler yelling, "Kiss her!" at Ben. It was... interesting?
I have some good news of my own to announce!!! I, Sherry Jenkel, have made it onto the Honors Recital for UWGB's music majors! What that means is simply this: that my performance for juries (playing my flute solo in front of all of the music faculty) was in the top ten out of ninety music majors. This may not seem like any big news to you, but believe me, it certainly is to me! Let me explain. I'm not the principal chair flutist at UWGB; I sit 2nd chair, behind Stephany M. She constantly sighs and turns her head towards me and tells me not to use my trill fingerings and how out-of-tune I am. But here's the thing: I'm not the one who's out-of tune!!! It's her! And HAHAHAHA! I made the Honors Recital, and she didn't!!!!! Sorry, I just had to get that out.
 
Boy, you sure like to rub things in.

Nevertheless, that is fantastic news! I'm completely certain that your news is bigger and better than my news, and for that I salute you. Congrats, you deserve it!

See you tomorrow night, yo.
 
I have been checking this page since 7AM this morning and have found no great news yet! This better be big or I'm going to kick your a**.
 
Done and done.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home