Friday, May 27

A Little Off The Top.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Photo taken at 6:45am today.)

For the billionth time, I'm heading out this weekend (like most of you, I'm sure). I'll be back on Monday with pictures, stories and life lessons. But first, I have a few things to share with you before I hit the dusty trail.

Are you heading to Canada soon? Are you looking for that perfect mixtape to take with you? Look no further! Here's a double-disk for your punk ass.

(In compiling this mixtape, I took into consideration the idea of spending 10 hours in a car with old friends, getting caught up in things along the way, a few Canadian bands and a big heaping of nostalgia. The drive is always half the fun, so enjoy.)

Road Trip To Toronto Mix
Submitted By: Sherry
Compiled By: The CDP


DISK 1
#1 - “Oh Canada” – Five Iron Frenzy – Our Newest Album Ever!
#2 - “Going Somewhere” – My Superhero – Solid State 14
#3 - “King of the Road” – Piebald – We Are the Only Friends We Have
#4 - “Isn’t It Nice?” – Of Montreal – Aldhils Arboretum
#5 - “No Cars Go” – The Arcade Fire – The Arcade Fire
#6 - “You Vandal” – Saves the Day – Through Being Cool
#7 - “Across the Sea” – Weezer - Pinkerton
#8 - “Waffle House is not a Home” – The Gadjits – Today Is My Day
#9 - “16 Military Wives” – The Decemberists - Picaresque
#10 - “New York City” – They Might Be Giants – Factory Showroom
#11 - “1000 Miles per Hour” – OKGO - OKGO
#12 - “Connecticut” – The Impossibles - Return
#13 - “Happy Kid” – Nada Surf – Let Go
#14 - “Stay with Me” – Finch – What It Is To Burn
#15 - “Oh Canada” (LIVE) – Five Iron Frenzy – The End Is Here

DISK 2
#1 - “Leaving” – Catch 22 – Washed Up!
#2 - “Traffic Tickets” – The Gadjits – At Ease
#3 - “Go” – Mustard Plug – Evildoers Beware!
#4 - “Watermark” – The Weakerthans – Left and Leaving
#5 - “Diagnosis” – The Weakerthans - Fallow
#6 - “Reconstruction Site” – The Weakerthans – Reconstruction Site
#7 - “Our Retired Explorer” – The Weakerthans – Reconstruction Site
#8 - “Gone” – Showoff - Showoff
#9 - “Last One Out Of Liberty City” – Less Than Jake – Hello Rockview
#10 - “Five State Drive” – Less Than Jake – Hello Rockview
#11 - “Look What Happened” – Less Than Jake - Anthem
#12 - “Magnetic North” – Less Than Jake – Borders and Boundaries
#13 - “Rock & Roll Pizzeria” – Less Than Jake – Losing Streak
#14 - “One Last Cigarette” – Less Than Jake - Pezcore
#15 - “In The Aeroplane over the Sea” – Neutral Milk Hotel – In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

(If the second disk wasn't obvious enough, Less Than Jake & Canada's very own The Weakerthans offer perfect non-mix travel music. My favorite non-mix album for driving long distances is "Hello Rockview", by Less Than Jake.)

Keep the mixtape ideas coming. Either post a comment or send an e-mail to communistdance@yahoo.com. Next up is the "Near-Death Experience Mix".

Well, I'm off. We'll talk again in a couple days, I promise. I feel like there's something I'm forgetting to tell you, but I'm sure I'll remember it eventually.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Photo taken at 6:30pm today.)

Later!

Comments:
Ryan no! You gave up too soon on your hair! All that work for nothing! But thanks for the mixes. Now I'm off to get my hair cut and highlighted!
 
I did the same thing though...Wasn't going to cut my hair for like a year or so. Then like three weeks ago I freaked out and walked to the place across the street and had them chop it all off. It was a spur of the moment thing, and now I have to start all over...oh well.

"You see, Theo, you have to learn to let a man take a bath."
 
My hair had reached the point of no return. There was nothing good that could possibly come of it once it achieved a certain length. I became a walking punchline at work (more so) and in the eyes of loved ones. Usually I don't mind that, but eventually it wore thin. It'll grow back, maybe.

I totally understand, Aaron. I simply couldn't take anymore. You don't know how happy I am to be able to see my ears in a mirror now.

That cartoon reminds me why it's better that I don't know how to use Flash. I would do nothing but crap like that all day. It's funny, because I have ideas like that all the time, but I pitch them because they're so unbelievably stupid. Now guys are making a lot of money (Seth MacFarlane) to do it.

For the record, I laughed a good bit.
 
I can't believe the drive to Canada mix doesn't have any Barenaked Ladies on it, that band from Canada with that album titled "Maybe You Should Drive".

Love the 'whatever/don't ask me!' pose. Someday that will be on the cover of a straight-to-video movie, with all sorts of wacky characters photoshopped into the background.
 
You're totally right about Barenaked Ladies. Here's a quick, 3-song addendum:

"Hello City" - Gordon
"In The Car" - Stunt
"Alcohol" - Stunt

(I don't own "Maybe You Should Drive", therefore it can't be on the list. Thanks for the heads-up.)

I can see that movie now. I'll try to make sense of my life amidst a backdrop of needy friends and wacky neighbors galore.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home