Friday, July 1

Toronto Diary - Day Four.

Tuesday, June 21

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the day in pictures. I've had a bit of a long week, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. This was one of my favorite days of the vacation. Most everything went well, we stayed indoors for most of the day, and nobody got too cranky.

We spent most of the day at the Eaton Centre, the world-famous big-ass mall in the bowels of Toronto.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We had brunch in the food court, and split off to explore every inch of the mall's splendor.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I made a friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me and the Missus had a drink in the bar on the top floor before noon. Buzzing from my "Love Potion #9, we took in some of the upper-level views.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the Eaton Centre, we stopped by Much Music studios, in the aftermath of the big awards show.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Much is way cooler than MTV, because they let you right in the door.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We even met a VJ.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the stroll through Much Music, we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe. We saw memorabilia from such acts as Rush, Nickelback and Our Lady Peace. Psssh...Canada.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With our stomachs full of horrendously priced desserts, we went to the nearest Googolplex to check out Batman Begins.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The movie was actually very good. Big ups to Christopher Nolan, one of my favorite directors.

I'll have plenty more to say about day five. We go to Niagara Falls tomorrow.

COMING SOON - DAY FIVE.

(Questions, comments or concerns about day four? Sound off in the comments section.)

Comments:
Ninety degrees and you're wearing a sweater?
 
I hate malls, but it's probably because the only malls I've been in so far haven't been big-assed enough.
 
I normally disapprove of malls as well, but this one was in CANADA! Really, anything that would get me off of the streets was welcome. They could have dragged me into a morgue, and I would've been looking for the nearest bench to relax.

A quick word aboot the sweater. I only packed so many clothes for this trip, so I had to choose the token sweater I brought along for what I thought would be the coldest day of the trip. Thanks to Toronto's top-notch loser weathermen, I was drenched by noon. I also took into consideration that I would be in a freezing-cold mall all day, so it balanced itself out quite well.

That wasn't a quick word at all.
 
Everything's better when it's metric.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home