Wednesday, October 26

Return Of The Link Party.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here are a few links and stories to get your Hump Day off to a good start.

1. Calvin & Hobbes is the greatest comic strip that ever was, and in this article we get to see what creator Bill Watterson has been up to recently...not a damn thing. His reclusive nature and unwillingness to cooperate with the syndicates is legendary, and it just adds to the brilliance and timeless quality of the strip. The Calvin & Hobbes anthology is coming out just in time for Christmas, so check it 'oot.

2. Did you miss the longest World Series game in history? Well, me too. I took some NyQuil and was out by 9:00. The White Sox lead the series 3-0, and look to close it all up with a win tonight in Houston. The very fact that I had to watch Barbara and George Bush Sr. behind home plate all night made me want this to be over as soon as humanly possible. Sort of like his presidency.

3. Streetlight Manifesto got robbed of just about everything they own on tour. Check out the story, and see if you can't send a buck or two their way. Of course, I didn't personally donate any money to them, but it would be nice if you would. I'm still mad at them for lying about having their new album done a year ago, when in actuality they haven't even set foot in the studio yet. Either way, it sucks to get robbed, and I hope they bounce back.

4. Rivers Cuomo is going back to Harvard for an English degree. In this article, he talks about his vow of celibacy, meditation rituals and focusing on his music writing. Even after all that, Make Believe still sucked out loud. Their tour ends with a 7-venue stop in Japan, so perhaps that vow of celibacy will come to a screeching halt. Personally, I'll be listening to Pinkerton all day, and wondering where it all went so very wrong.

5. The Girl From Mars leads a melon discussion.

6. Let's Eat Paste makes a pants-wetting revelation.

7. I Think This Is My Exit makes a rainy day mix tape.

8. Sandbox Films gets props from a local TV personality.

9. The CDP is moving quickly through October, and straight into year two of SWEEPS MONTH. If you remember from last year, SWEEPS MONTH is an all-out blitz for as many hits as possible for the month of November. Celebrity guests! Nudity by the truckload! Midgets, midgets, midgets!!! You can expect anything and everything in an effort to generate the best month ever here at the CDP.

Here's just a few things you can expect to see this November:

Top 10 Of Everything.
CDP Year In Review.
Best/Worst Of 2005.
Best Comments Ever.
Albums Of The Year.
Boycott Unity/72 Hours.
The Wayback Machine.
A New Look, Perhaps?

Plus a ton more. You'll like it, I promise.

There's still a week of October left to enjoy. Enjoy it.

Comments:
Streetlight Manifesto got robbed of just about everything they own on tour. Check out the story, and see if you can't send a buck or two their way.

Someone should send some talent their way. Booyah!!!

Personally, I'll be listening to Pinkerton all day, and wondering where it all went so very wrong.

Easy/Obvious answer: Pinkerton.
 
You're so predictable. As I was writing those things, I could hear you saying exactly what you just typed. I'm on to you, Zeinert!
 
I think we all could see that coming from a mile away.

I'm working on a Halloween mix right now. It's frickin' sweet.
 
I tried to donate a couplke bucks last week, but the computer wouldn't let me.

I had a dream last night that we went to see Catch 22 at some dance Hall in Southern Wisconsin. We showed up a half an hour late and were the only ones there, but they still refused to play the songs I wanted them to play. In actuality I don't think it was catch 22 at all. They just said they were , but I think the singer was the gut that wears glasses for Five O'Clock Charlie.

-Benjamin
 
Well Ben, it's the thought that counts.

I like those dreams where a band plays just for you. I remember a dream from years ago where Green Day played just for me and Celia. And all the good old stuff, too. It's one of my fondest G-rated dreams.

I was listening to 5 O'Clock Charlie a few days ago. "Not Enough Time" is a realy good WiSKAnsin album. I've been in an old skool mood recently.

Here's my Halloween mix:

1. Monster Mash
2. Monster Mash
3. Monster Mash
4. Monster Mash
5. Monster Mash
6. Monster Mash
7. Monster Mash
8. Monster Mash
9. Astro Zombies (Misfits)
10. Monster Mash
 
Boring! Go check mine out. I think I picked a different Misfits song though. At least for the final posted mix.

I came up with 56 songs on my Halloween mix...narrowed it down to 27. I never knew there were so many songs that have a Halloween-theme (or the title, anyway).
 
I think you two take entirely too much NyQuil!
 
but I think the singer was the gut that wears glasses for Five O'Clock Charlie.

Leave it to Ben to riddle his comments with unintentionally hilarious type-o's.
 
Leave it to Ben to do anything with unintentional type-o's. That's his trademark.
 
I used to take NyQuil when I had insomnia. Sleeping pills wouldn't do anything except get me sick, but NyQuil would knock me out. I could never understand that.
 
Yeah, they gave me muscle relaxers when I hurt my back and all those did was make me feel sick to my stomach. Ryan took all of them in the end.
 
Ben is like the Picasso of typo's. The way he tenderly sprinkles them amongst his verbage is scrumtrilescent.

NyQuil does the trick. It's legal, safe (if you follow the directions) and puts you down clean. When you need to sleep but don't want to hurt yourself, NyQuil is the bomb.
 
I want some NyQuil! I might need it after spending the night with nine other people in a one King-sized bed hotel room on Thursday night! I'll tell you guys all about it on Friday!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You'll either need some NyQuil or a pregnancy test. BOO-YAH!

See, look what you made me do. I feel terrible.

See you Friday!
 
Yikes, I would hate to sleep in a room with that many other people!
 
Oh, there was no sleeping involved. That's why she needs the NyQuil.
 
Or rather, there won't be any sleeping involved.
 
Ironically, Ben will also be sleeping with 9 people while Sherry's away.
 
Sure, if you count Star Wars figures as people.
 
Which he most certainly does.

And Franklin.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty sweet deal.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home