Monday, October 10

Rinse And Spit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last 5 Albums Purchased By The CDP:
(Total Album Count For 2005 - 65)

Matt Pond PA - Emblems
(Purchased by the Missus. Didn't sound that great, but you'd have to axe her.)

Nada Surf - The Weight Is A Gift
(Not as good as their last two albums, but still another mature step forward. Feel-good, sing-along tunes for a bleak October. Pick up Let Go if you haven't already.)

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
(Woah. Imagine the following: A hip-hop radio station, a soul radio station, an indie rock radio station and a 70's TV show theme song radio station on the same dial. Now imagine spinning the dial from station to station for 55 minutes. This album is worth listening to.)

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
(The new Franz Ferdinand is here, and it doesn't disappoint. Delivering what you'd expect, they hit you with single after catchy single, never hitting anything too slow or too deep to stop the party. If you like their first album, their sophomore release will keep you satisfied.)

Public Enemy - Power To The People And The Beats (Greatest Hits)
(Chuck D is probably the greatest MC of all time, and this retrospective touches on just a few of the politically-charged tracks that made Public Enemy the world's most dangerous rap outfit. I've been Flava-Flav'ing out in my car like an idiot.)

Okay, the Red Sox got swept, the Badgers blew a huge game against Northwestern, the Yankees are still alive as of this post and the Packers are 1-4. Clearly, October isn't quite turning out the way I wanted it to in the sports department. Normally, I'd have the beautiful weather to fall back on, but we went from 85 to 34 over the course of an evening here in Wisconsin. We skipped right over "light jacket" weather and went straight for the scarves and mitten clips.

Autumn was kind of a crappy week this year.

So, what to do? Well, Halloween's coming up, but I can't really participate in it. I can't hand out candy in a secure apartment and I refuse to throw a party this year. I had big plans to throw a huge shindig here at CDP headquarters, I really did. I'm talking decorations, costumes, slasher films and "Monster Mash" on a constant loop. I then came to the realization that I probably couldn't afford the necessary supplies, and besides, nobody would appreciate them unless I had a fridge full of booze. I was also too lazy to call everyone. I'll blame myself because it's easier.

I left work early today because I had an appointment at the Dentist's office. It was time for my bi-annual cleaning, and I couldn't be happier. At work, we were in the process of moving over to a brand new area, and the mass-exodus was giving me a panic attack. I welcomed the afternoon off, even if it consisted of having my gums torn open by that damn sharp hook they always use.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, I'm not a baby when it comes to the Dentist. I wore braces for 29 years, so I know a thing or two about mouth pain at the hands of a rich asian man. Surely a cleaning would be a walk in the park.

This was the single most painful cleaning ever. The hygienist was flat-out awful and inconsiderate, insisting that the pain was 100% my fault for not keeping up on my flossing. She even asked me if I was a smoker, apparently because my teeth were just that disgusting.

Because of the braces, I've been left with a couple of decalcification spots, which are almost nonexistent if you're not looking for them. I won't be on any toothpaste commercials anytime soon, but my smile isn't that hideous. In fact, she only started insulting my mouth once I started to complain of her unsteady hand. Instead of admitting that she sucked as a dental assistant, she took it upon herself to belittle me and scrape the enamel off my molars.

Listen to this. At one point, she was scraping my teeth so hard that her hand was shaking. Something that takes that much effort to extract from someone's mouth is probably something that should be left in. I was spraying blood like a geyser, she kept running out of water in that little squirter they use, and at one point she took it out of my mouth and accidentally sprayed it all over my new shirt. Seriously, she did a piss-poor job, and it had nothing to do with my teeth. They're still sore, six hours after the cleaning. Again, this was a cleaning. It hurt that much.

At the age of 14 or 15, I had braces put on. For two weeks, I couldn't chew anything because my teeth hurt so much. Even then, I don't remember anything being so uncomfortable as this cleaning. So, to Patricia at Midwest Dental in Madison; you suck at your job. Find something better to do that doesn't result in your clients gargling warm salt water all night. Learn to operate with a steadier hand, or start taking Parkinson's medication. I hate you.

I'm making this quick, because I have business to tend to. I'll be back before you know it with Halloween lamenting, the triumphant return of Mutton Chop and Lost Friday. Cheers.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
ugh i HATE the dentist. I have had more horrible things happen to me at the dentist... gah... 6 hours and still in apin? i say you return tomorrow and give her a monster wedgie. i will pray that she is wearing a thong tomorrow and that ytour wedgie saws half way to her belly button
 
Better yet, I'll just tell everyone I know, because I'm cowardly and prefer to avoid confrontation.

For the record, I feel all better now, but it was still pretty severe for a simple cleaning. Not only that, but after she did everything, the "main" Dentist never even came out to check for cavities or anything. She just tore me up and sent me on my way. Bizarre.
 
Thanks...I am scheduled for a cleaning next week! It is always nice to wake up to a funny story before work.
 
I don't think I've ever had it as bad as you did, but I do usually get the bleeding gums because I don't floss very much. I did find out that those $100 Sonicare toothbrushes are well worth the money, as they noted improvement in my "periodontic health" since my last visit.

You just got subtly BLAM'd!
 
Subtle BLAM!

Me and the Missus enjoy the Sonicare brushes very much. Well, she does. My head broke a while ago, and I've been using a manual brush like a sucker.

I'm asking for a new head for Christmas though, so maybe I can't start the year off with healthier gums.
 
Patricia just cleaned my teeth today. I can vouch for Ryan...she is a horrible horrible dental hygienist. And she had a really nasty twinge in her voice when she told me she met my husband yesterday.
 
Why does she hate me? I even told her that she looked very young for her age, which was a whopper of a lie.

Wait...that was probably why she was mad. Nonetheless, she still sucks at her job, and the hurt the Missus as well.
 
I meant SHE hurt the Missus as well.
 
Hey, this has nothing to do with the post, but I just thought I'd mention that I googled myself and one of the things that came up was my reference on your page. How exciting. Just thought I'd let you all know,
Hey it's benn a million years since we've all seen each other, let's fix that,
Erin
 
Where have you been, stranger? Let's set something up soon.

It's nice that you are linked online with the CDP. I was recently linked in Australia, so that's pretty cool, I guess. I think I'm responsible for putting a lot of people's names online that would prefer it if I didn't.

What a terrible sentence.
 
Especially crappy hygienists who hurt husband and wife duos that require a teeth-cleaning.
 
Indeed.
 
This blog makes and breaks careers. I'm never going to that hygienist.
 
See, a Blog is a powerful voice against the tyranny of bad Dental Hygienists.

And a powerful voice for Tony Little jokes.
 
OH, and about Matt Pond PA...if you're a fan of Oh, Inverted World! by the Shins, you will be a big fan of Emblems. It's really quite good.
 
There you go. The Shins are amazing.

LOST is on tonight, along with a BRAND NEW episode of MYTHBUSTERS!
 
And I'll be watching all the quality programming from last night, as I was asleep during it due to being drugged by my husband.
 
Lots of quality stuff last night... In particular there were good musical moments in My Name is Earl and The Office.
 
Last night at around 6:30, the Missus was being particularly...animated. She kept grabbing at me and jumping around and whatnot. Normally, I would welcome this behavior, but a long day of work had left me dosile and irritable.

"Hey, how about a little NyQuil?" I asked her.

30 minutes later, she's snoring on the couch, and I'm watching the White Sox game with the cats. I feel sort of bad about it, but I knew she could use the rest.

My Name Is Earl and the Office were very strong last night. I can't say any more, because the Missus hasn't seen them yet.

The TV schedule for tonight is as follows:

6:00-6:30 - My Name Is Earl (from last night)

6:30-7:00 - The Office (from last night)

7:00-8:00 - Lost (from last week, we always watch it twice)

8:00-9:00 - Lost (while taping Mythbusters)

9:00-10:00 - Mythbusters (while taping Invasion)

On Thursday, we'll watch Supernatural from Tuesday, along with Night Stalker.

Man, I could have made a post about this. A very boring and depressing post, but a post nonetheless.
 
I figured the shows had to be good last night by how comically loud you were laughing. I thought maybe you were just laughing that loudly to try and keep me awake, that's why I got a little testy and asked you if you were doing it on purpose. Especially after I heard you laugh that crazy-loud laugh after a COMMERCIAL! My word!
 
He was probably drunk.
 
It was a very funny commercial. And I was drunk.

Nah, the Missus was drunk on NyQuil, though.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Sometimes I get really, really hyper, especially after Wind Symphony (2 hours long). I usually serenade Ben with excerpts from Star Wars like a spaz, jumping up-and-down and tugging at him. He usually tells me to stop because he's had a long day. But he can't fight me off, so I continue anyway. Hey! That rhymed!
 
If you did that to me, I'd beat the crap out of you.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

If I'm not a spaz after work, the Missus is. It seems like we take turns annoying each other, until we throw up our arms in defeat, and drug the other with NyQuil. It's gotten us this far, so I'm not going to rock the boat.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a car game site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob
 

Post a Comment

<< Home