Monday, March 27

03/26/06.

The start of the week has brought some awful news along with it.

My wife's cousin, who turned 21 no more than two weeks ago, was killed in a car accident early Sunday morning. My wife wanted me to put a photo up of him, but the only one I had didn't do him justice, so I thought it would be better to just say a few quick words.

He was a good kid; he honestly made me smile every time I saw him. He was never down, never in a bad mood, always willing to keep you company and make you feel welcome. His passing will affect many, many people; mainly because he was an instant friend to anyone who knew him longer than a second. I'm certainly not the best person to reflect on him, but I can say without question that I will personally miss him dearly, as will his countless friends and relatives. This is a tragedy on every level, and it's something that should never have to happen to parents and grandparents of children.

We will be heading home on Wednesday and Thursday. If you have any words of encouragement or well-wishings you would like to send the Missus, please post them in the comments section or privately e-mail them to communistdance@yahoo.com


The CDP will return tomorrow.

Comments:
“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
- Robert Benchley

Condolences to you and your family.
 
So sorry to hear that, will keep the Missus' family in my prayers.
 
Thanks guys, I'll pass the kind words along.
 
Rough thinking that someone I grew up with isn't around... I'll be there at the service on Wednesday.
 
It's from 4-7pm, I believe. The obit ran in today's Northwestern.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home