Friday, March 17

Lost Friday - Caption Edition.

Another Lost Friday is upon us. We have much...

What? Another rerun? What in the hell, dude?

Look, we were force-fed yet another rerun on Wednesday, so if you want to know what's coming up for the next week or two on Lost, check out my last Lost Friday, because I don't want to talk about it anymore. By the time they finally toss a fresh episode our way, Aaron will be driving a car around the island. That was the best joke I could come up with concerning the amount of time it's taking them to crank out episodes, and for that I am truly sorry.

Because we've got nothing to talk about this week, I thought it would be good (and significantly easier on me) to pull together yet another CDP clip show, this time focusing on the goodness that are the trademark Lost Friday Captions. This is the part of the post that I get the most comments and e-mail on, which is quite nice and scary of you. It's one of my few chances to put a personal spin on the same old Lost recaps, and I get to make fun of things that bring me joy, which is icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.

Here now, a collection of classic photos and captions spanning the entire second season of Lost up to this point. Enjoy and marvel.

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Three thousand blinking lights, and I can't get one damn key made!")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(Even after a horrific plane crash, Locke still likes to bust out the vacation tapes.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Did you say sumthin' about my stubble?")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(You can save your 'Kate is a horse-face' jokes; I'm way ahead of you.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
(This is what happens when George Bush tries to make toast.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Hi mom, I killed dad. Still serving breakfast?")

Image hosting by Photobucket
("I had to take an entire bottle of these a day just to make working with Neve Campbell tolerable.")

Image hosting by Photobucket
("The books beat me at ping-pong again, Sawyer.")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(It's becoming painfully obvious that Locke can't read.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Damn it, why can't I ever find the Torture Channel on this thing?")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(As Charlie rambles on, Eko silently wonders how quickly he could saw him in half.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Don't leave me, CDP! I love you more than toast!")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(One of these things is an indestructible black mass that can pulverize all in its path. The other is the Smoke Monster.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Age/Sex/Location? Michael/Male/Hatch, you?")

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Mention Party Of Five one more time! I dare you!")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(To Charlie's surprise, a piano made entirely of heroin washes ashore.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("So, you ever been with a huge guy before?")

Image hosting by Photobucket
("I can't believe I was on Party Of Five for seven years.")

Image hosting by Photobucket
(Nobody takes the last piece of Bundt cake on John Locke's watch. Nobody.)

Image hosting by Photobucket
("Shhh! According To Jim is on, and it's hard enough keeping up as is!")

There you have it, another Lost Friday shot in the ass due to constant reairings. Thanks ABC, now I look like a jerk. Send any questions to the comments section; send any hate mail to communistdance@yahoo.com. If you want to check out every Lost Friday in its entirety, here they all are in quick-dissolving tablets:

SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 7
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 15 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 14 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 13 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 6
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 12 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 11 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 10 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 5
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 4
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 3
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 9 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 8 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 7 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 6 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION: VOLUME 2
SEASON TWO - RERUN EDITION
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 5 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 4 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 3 REVIEW
SEASON TWO - EPISODE 1 REVIEW
SEASON TWO PREVIEW


COMING NEXT WEEK!
THE WORST ALBUM COVERS OF ALL TIME!
THE VERY FIRST CDP MAD LIB!
KATHARINE McPHEE WATCH!
A BRAND NEW LOST FRIDAY!

Comments:
Quick weekly recap:

Lost - Rerun
AI - Good
Free Ride - Good
The Loop - Good
Mythbusters - Great
Earl - Great
S&D - Hilarious
The Office - Amazing

Thank you and goodnight.
 
I think last night's The Office was closer in tone to the BBC version than it ever has been, mixing the hilarious with the dark, and a bit of heart. This show is really hitting a stride, I wish Steve Carrell hadn't cut the season short to work on other stuff.
 
I agree, The Office does many things well, and they touched on pretty much all of them last night.

Much like Sons & Daughters, the show isn't afraid to get a little heavy for the good of the characters, even if it means sacrificing a few chuckles. Brilliant writing and acting all around. I was really impressed.

Ricky Gervais' episode of the Simpsons should be airing in two weeks. It's been a long time since I looked forward to a Simpsons episode this much. It's the first time in Simpsons history that someone outside of the staff has written an entire episode.
 
By the way, I don't know what's going on with the comments, but I think the problem is on Blogger's side. Paste's page went down because of it, too.
 
Fixed.
 
I'm glad that you didn't watch American Inventor, because you are getting a pair of arm shades for Christmas and now it will be a suprise!
 
Oh, I see you did watch it. Great my suprise is ruined.
 
Actually, I didn't see American Inventor, even though I really wanted to. Our ABC affiliate aired the WIAA basketball games all night, so I didn't see it. Here's hoping we get an encore episode, because that whol thing sounds incredibly interesting.

(When I said AI, I was referring to American Idol.)
 
Too bad, the guy with the arm shades was a genius.
 
The William Hung of inventors, I presume.
 
American Inventor RECAP

"Is your invention a stick?

"No. It's a wand."

"Get out"


On to the next victim. A construction worker from CA.

"I see you are very passionate about your invention. How much have you invested in this so far?"

"About $20,000, my kids and my wife. We have mortgaged our home for this. I believe this can change the world and I am willing to sacrifice for it."

"That's quite a story, get out."


Who can be next? Oh, it's one hit wonders Evan and Jarod. What do they bring to the table?

"Here is a picture of a bowl we might actually put time into later. As you can clearly see, my brother and I have winning smiles (wink), and may help you legitamize this show with our pseudo fame."

"I like it, you have potential. You're in"


And then there was Hector. Dental hygenist from NY. Hector, Hector, Hector.

"I have invented an apron you wear so you can pee in public. I have tested it at the bus stop and no one knew what I was doing."

"You wore this at a bus stop?"

"yes, the school bus stop."

"You were handling your junk at a school bus stop? Are you kidding?"

"No I am not. The girls could not tell what I was doing at all."

"SECURITY!!!!"


Don't take my word for it. I tend to remember things wrong anyway. There were some neatthings and there were some not so neat things. A couple were down right scary. Anyone else catch it?
 
OK, so on everyone's collective advice, I just finished watching the 2 "Sons and Daughters" from this week. It was just as good as you guys said. Although the "Some of the dialogue is improvised" thing at the beginning was cheesy, I was pretty impressed with how funny it was and then how well they treated the heavier dramatic elements. Good show!
 
American Inventor was exactly as you say. Evan and Jarod were put through with a bowl that you can put your unsightly cherry pits into and they crush the dreams of an 11 year old boy who made a window air conditioner for his dog when he is in the car with him.
 
Hey!!! You are officially getting international hits since I did log in from Spain! I´m glad you are doing well and your Lost adventures are still going strong! Keep up the good work. I plan on a grand viewing show of my adventures when I get back since this posting pictures thing isn´t working out as well as I´d hoped. I think someone forgot Spain when the gave out technology to the world. oh well. Take care and stay cool!
Erin
 
May 20 at the Pabst theatre in Milwaukee... "Mythbusters Live".
 
Thanks for the American Inventor recaps. Luckily for me, they're re-airing it tonight at 2:10am, so I've got it all set to record.

Sons & Daughters = Crazy Delicious. I know what you mean about the disclaimer of sorts at the start, but keep in mind that it's there for the According To Jim crowd, not us.

ERIN! It's great to hear from you again. I sincerely hope you're enjoying Spain, and we all can't wait to see your photos and lurid tales of deception and matadors. It was really nice of you to stop by; keep in touch!

RJ, I'll be at Mythbusters Live, you can bet on it.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home