Thursday, May 18

Katharine McPhee Watch - Volume 10.

Katharine McPhee and some loser.

92,000 people auditioned for American Idol this year.

There are now 2 singers left, and Katharine McPhee is one of them.

Just thought you might want to know. Allow me to beam like a proud father.

She's in the finale, yo! I'd like to think I played a small role in this achievement, with my words of encouragement, stalker mentality and whatnot. I could have kidnapped her weeks ago, but no- I wanted her to become a worldwide star, and not just a star in the secret room in my crawl space.

After watching the show on Tuesday, I didn't really know who had the upper hand. I mean, I knew that Taylor Hicks wasn't going anywhere, but that was about all I could speculate. Allowing him to sing a Joe Cocker song was exactly what the audience needed to remember the Taylor of old. The face making, seizure-inducing, turret's-syndrome suffering Taylor of old.

For a long time now, Taylor's been untouchable. He's never been in the bottom 3, and his odds of winning were always through the roof. But after seeing the razor-thin vote percentages last night, I see that Katharine has a decent chance of walking away the winner. Sure, the trip back to L.A. didn't do much to boost her popularity in the sticks, but you never really know.

The finale is Tuesday and the results show is Wednesday- which happens to be at the same time as the Lost season closer. Look, you don't need to watch the results show (it'll take a second to look up online), watch Lost and thank me in the morning.

There you have it. Sound off in the comments section and get ready for Lost Friday, along with a big announcement about what's going on here next week. Peace.

TOMORROW:
LOST FRIDAY.

Comments:
I guess being cute can go a long way.

At least I'm assuming that's what this is. I haven't seen any of the performances, but you make it sound like she hasn't been so great recently.
 
Yes, she's cute.

She hasn't been great recently, but she is great. That's why it's so annoying. Taylor's been consistently good all year, so Katharine would be best not to whiz it next week.

The difference between these two was less than 200,000 votes this week, and considering that there were 50 million votes cast, that's not a lot (a fraction of a percent).

Again- She's cute.
 
I watched the performances this week. My wife and I agree. Taylor makes a jobby face when he sings.
 
Yeah, he looks like he made a khaki.
 
That pictures makes me want to puke and die.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home