Thursday, May 4

Katharine McPhee Watch - Volume 8.

Katharine McPhee and 3 Losers.

92,000 people auditioned for American Idol this year.

There are now 4 singers left, and Katharine McPhee is one of them.

Just thought you might want to know. Here are some quick thoughts:

I was relieved to see that there were no washed-up artists promoting terrible new albums this week. Maybe we'll get lucky next week though, and the Top 4 will have to sing Vanilla Ice songs. In fact, I insist upon it. I want to hear four different versions of 'Ice Ice Baby,' and I want them sung with feeling. Mr. Ice himself will even show up to coach the finalists once they've decided on an arrangement (they can use the 'Under Pressure' sheet music Brian May left behind a few weeks ago). Strap on some parachute pants and shave your left eyebrow, because Ice is back with his brand new invention.

I like how Ryan Seacrest mentioned last week's Katharine McPhee button-popping bonanza. Once again, searches for 'Katharine McPhee naked' skyrocketed on my page, and frankly, I don't care where my traffic comes from as long as they make the counter go up. Word of advice though, she ain't naked on the internet. You're not going to find it. Ever. I know you're in a lot of pain and whatnot, but you're just going to have to move on for the time being. At least give her ample time for her career to take a nosedive, then see what you can dig up.

Taylor Hicks, on the other hand, has had full-frontal goodness plastered all over cyberspace for months now. And yes, the carpet matches the drapes, if you know what I mean. Eeeewww.

Somewhere over the course of the season, Elliott Yamin has seen a huge and warranted boost in popularity. When people thought he'd be out weeks ago, he's only gotten more exposure and votes, and that's great. While I still don't know if he can win the show outright, I want him to stick around as long as possible. It was surprising to see him in the bottom 2 last night.

What a great Wednesday night. Paris Bennett gets kicked out of Hollywood, House was hands-down the best episode I've ever seen them do (both episodes, I should say), and Lost surprised even the biggest spoiler nerds around.

Speaking of Lost, LOST FRIDAY arrives in 24 hours. Come on back, it's going to be huge.

Comments:
Eisley was enjoyable last night. But the most enjoyable thing was remembering your bad emo hair grid and then laughing at the really terrible emo hair that was on display last night. For real, it's amazing how terrible it looks, and the confidence it gives these kids as they walk around trying to be seen. On the plus side, they're going to have great fun twenty years from now looking at pictures of themselves.

I can't explain it, but every time someone refers to "AI," for a second I assume they're talking about the terrible Stephen Spielberg movie.
 
I know what you mean about AI; I actually didn't use the hip abbreviation for a while for that sole reason.

Glad you enjoyed the show. The emo hair is to the 00's as the Flock Of Seagulls was to the 80's. I look back at photos of myself from no less than two years ago and shudder. What is wrong with me?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; life is a series of birthday cakes, cats and bad haircuts.
 
Today, Daniel Dae Kim called up a radio station and, wouldn't cha know it, he was talking about Lost.

He mentioned something about the Hanso Foundation having an actual commercial spot during the show and how it had a phone number you could call at the end of it.

As usual, I missed it completely. I was wondering if anyone caught it.

He also mentioned that he was on his way to film the finale. I'm a little surprised that they're still shooting. I thought they would have been done a week ago.

Obviously my assumptions about about how far in advance they film is probably wrong (although he could just be going up for some post-production work).
 
This is so hilarious, I had to share it...

www.grumlee.com

It's a French guy that does acoustic covers of metal songs... there's over 250 on the site!
 
Le' BLAM!

Oh yes, the Hanso commercial. That was the first step in the Lost Interactive Game they launched worldwide. I'll be talking about it tomorrow, but you can see the commercial at the Hanso site. Pretty sneaky.

Or call 1-877-HANSORG. Seriously. Play with the system a bit, there's Easter Eggs ahoy.
 
I just want to mention that I got like, a million hits today, and that rules.
 
Damn. That's impressive. I got like 20 today.
 
The whole world must be phoning in Hanso. I get nothing but a busy signal.
 
I got a busy signal for a while, but I finally got through once. Neat enough if you have a few minutes to kill.
 
whenever someone smiles at me all I see is a chimpanzee
 
Creepy. I don't like these Hanso folk.

You could base an entire song around that line.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home