Tuesday, November 28

Fact Or Crap? - CDP Edition. (Volume 3)

Fact Or Crap? CDP Edition.

Gather 'round, now. Here's how you play 'Fact Or Crap? - CDP Edition.'

I'm going to tell you 10 interesting and odd facts about myself (or boring and pompous, depending on what your opinion of me as a person is). You are going to decide which one or many of them is a lie, and let me know in the comments section. After a day or two, I'll reveal the answer(s) and give mad props and respek to the winner. Simple as that.

If you want a reminder, here's the wildly successful Volume One and Volume Two.

If you recall from the resulting flamewar, Volume One and Two had no lies whatsoever in either set. This time, however, I promise you that there is a lie somewhere amongst the following ten facts.

And away we go.

1. I have only lost one game of Air Hockey in my life, dating back to December of 1994. My current winning streak has lasted hundreds of games and over 12 years. I might be the greatest player of all time and not even know it. I've destroyed men and women of all ages, in multiple states and of multiple cultures. I back down from nobody.

By the way, I have an open challenge policy, 24/7. If you ever see me in a bar, I'll be ready to throw down at a moment's notice.

2. Speaking of streaks, I haven't thrown up in well over 3 years. I'm pretty proud of that.

My last vomit came in September of 2002, shortly after me and the Missus moved in together. I was quite certain she was all set to move back out.

3. I've been thrown out of the world-famous Harrod's department store in London. (I was later welcomed back in after an apology; apparently they didn't realize who I was.)

I then spent 35 pounds on a stuffed animal that was smaller than my fist. Why was I thrown out?

Not tellin'.

4. By the Missus' calculation, I've broken at least 8 of the 10 commandments in my life. Maybe more. Being raised Catholic, I've been well aware of my unavoidable trip to Hell for years now.

5. When I was a teenager, I outran the police in my 1986 Buick Somerset and escaped.

I was being followed by a squad car at around 2am, in the middle of nowhere after dropping off the Missus one night. I was speeding like crazy, and ran past him hiding in a median. Being broke and surly at the time, I wanted to see if I knew the back roads of Winchester, Wisconsin better than the Officer did. I got about a quarter mile ahead of him as he hit his lights, quickly turning a corner and flooring it.

After some weaving in the darkness and eventually killing my lights by a lush forest, I saw him go by, completely unaware of where I was. I simply doubled back and went home ticketless.

I consider it one of the dumbest things I've ever done, and I beg of you never to try it. When cops pull guns on you, pants get crapped and hearts get broken.

6. I am an ordained Reverend, and have legally officiated a wedding and an upcoming baptism.

7. One of my ex-girlfriends now works at Coyote Ugly in Chicago. She also has breast implants, and what appears to be a new face.

Thanks to MySpace, I know this. Thanks, MySpace.

8. Today's my Mom's 44th birthday.

Or 43rd.

Whatever; this fact doesn't count, I just want to wish her a happy birthday.

9. On the day of my 18th birthday, I got my left ear pierced at the mall. Over the next month, the earlobe got completely infected and swelled to the size of a Peanut M&M.

After trying to ignore the unbearable pain and embarrassment for awhile, I went to the emergency room and had the back of my earlobe lanced open. I lost an assload of blood, and was then bandaged up to look like I tried to blow my own head off. To this day, there's a half-inch scar on the back of my left ear.

It was one of the most painful days of my life. It also marked the first time I let loose a string of obscenities at a medical doctor.

10. In 1997, I was playing football with some friends during recess, when I got tackled onto the running track. My right shoulder dislocated, and had to be popped back into place by the guy who tackled me. I went back to class and have since suffered no lasting damage.

Happy guessing. Enjoy your day; Sweeps Month is inching ever closer.

Comments:
It's all true. (If it ain't broke...)
 
Paste, you're the 2-time defending Fact Or Crap? Champion, so a lot is riding on your guess. I'm sure you already knew that going in. You're no slouch.

It feels good to be back. The holidays were great, but it's also good to put some pants on and go to work.
 
This game is really dumb when you don't have any fake ones. There's one lie, maximum, but I'm pretty sure they're all true.
 
Then again, a lot more ridiculous stuff has happened to you than most people I know.
 
True, lots of weird things happen to me. One of these facts is a lie, though. I give you my word as a gentleman.

It IS my mom's birthday today, however.
 
I say the ordained minister is crap as well as number 10. But I believe the ordained minister before I'll believe you played a pick up game of football. (You don't like to get dirty, and really, who at Winneconne is intellegent enough that they could put a dislocated shoulder back together?)
 
There's a lot of truth to that comment. I didn't say that my shoulder was correctly popped back, however.

Winneconne....psssshhh!

You're right, though. I hate getting dirty. Or dirrty, as it were. I'm also a nancy boy that never liked to play football if it meant grass stains on my acid-washed jeans.
 
#4 is crap. Thanks for #8, I am 44.
 
One fact I know for sure is that the CDP hates Indian food. I'm just sayin'.

I hate that I can't play this game because I know all the answers :(
 
"Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Indian food = Uh-oh.
 
There's nothing wrong with Indian food, you're just a racist.
 
What's wrong with maize?

Oh, wait, the OTHER Indians...
 
Also, I claim crap on #7, based upon your professed hatred for MySpace.
 
I was sort of hoping that nobody would call crap on #7, and just assume that I was rad enough to snag a woman of such loose morals.

I'm not racist against Indians, I'm just anti-bland food in a pitch-black atmosphere with an entire staff of people who don't speak English.

Ruh-roh. I better go on Letterman and apologize.
 
My official guess, after minor internal debate:
1. TRUE
2. TRUE
3. TRUE
4. FALSE
5. TRUE
6. TRUE
7. TRUE
8. TRUE
9. TRUE
10. FALSE
 
Hummm… I think all is true except number 7. I don’t know why… But that one seems like crap.

I really want to know what you did to get kicked out of Harrod’s…
 
Stupid Harrod's. I only spent money at their store for tourist appeal only. At the end of the day, they can go straight to hell.

Here's a Fun Fact for you: I spent 10 nights in London, and it rained for each and every one of them. Every night at 11pm, I would walk a block from my hotel to a nearby Burger King, alone in the pouring rain, to get a Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

I wasn't a vegetarian at that point in time. I was also very depressed, for some reason. I later wrote a song about the experience, titled London Rain. It was of poor quality.
 
Oh, and as far as that picture of me at the top of the post is concerned...

Because of the camera taking a mirror-image snapshot, I had to write "FAILURE" backwards on the sheet of paper.

Now that's talent.
 
Oh, and Supersystem broke up.
 
I noticed the mirror-image thing a while ago...You're Photoshopping the images up anyway, why not just flip it horizontally then?

Or just write things backwards, whatever.
 
Oh no, not Supersysem. The tragedy of it all!

(I hope the sarcasm shows up loud and clear on these internets)
 
Horizontally flipping a photograph in Photoshop makes far too much sense for me. Besides, if I were to flip it the wrong way, it would be double-backwards, and that would be just crazy.

Oh, and Matt Pond was just murdered by Kevin Barnes in a brutal chainsaw massacre.

I'm cracking myself up, over here.
 
At least it would be a sexy massacre. Throw in Paul London and you've got yourself a party!
 
I'm taking January off, I swear to God. I don't need this crap.
 
Oh, but I jest!
 
(throws arms in air) Forget it! I'm outta here!
 
News!News!News!Blammity Blam Blam!

Peak Overpressure's first show will be at the Reptile Palace in Oshkosh in 2 weeks, Dec. 16. This is a last minute addition, and will be our first show! We hit the stage at 10pm.

I'm going to go vomit in my shoes now.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home