Tuesday, January 2

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness.

You Can't See Me.

What Am I Doing?

Catching up on all of the books I need to read.
Working out in training for my upcoming UFC match.
Doing the work of three people at the office.
Not getting my stomach ulcer taken care of.
Being the best husband and friend I can possibly be.
Laying groundwork for the first CDP book.
Mourning the loss of James Brown & Brett Favre.
Looking forward to my mini-vacation next week.

With no new television on the air for the last two weeks, I've been able to dig into the stack of unread books that have been accumulating for the last six months. In addition to that, I'm doing my best to at least consider getting into better shape. With a new health club opening less than 100 yards from my house, I'm completely out of excuses. Considering my height, weight and metabolism, there's no reason why I shouldn't be kicking everyone's ass right about now.

January is the hardest month for me in the office, due to 2007 scheduling deadlines and other pointless piffle. I'll keep it brief and state that I'll be a much better guy to hang around come February. I'll probably get a raise, too.

Because nothing's harder than being a 24-year old white guy, I'm coping with what is now been proven to be an honest-to-goodness Peptic Ulcer. It keeps me up at night, it keeps me from eating before bed, and it's causing me to pop Tums and chug Pepto-Bismol like nobody's business. As you can imagine, I had been anticipating the moment my anxiety would start destroying me from the inside out for decades now. I'll go to the doctor soon, I promise.

At the end of the day, the Missus is my best friend, and one of the only people I actually want to participate in a conversation with. As logic would dictate, it makes sense to attempt to protect my assets and give her a reason to reciprocate the attention. I'm not always a great guy to be around, but I'm doing what I can to let her know that she's special and worthy of as much common decency as I can muster.

It's been nice not having to keep abreast of all the new television shows the last few weeks. Part of me wants to keep the TV off and focus on all of the other things I've had time for, but past behavior predicts that I'll be setting the TiVo like mad and giving up on all attempts at parallel creativity. At least I know who I am.

Whenever I get a few minutes to myself, I'm trying to compile and edit enough old and new CDP material to comprise a book. I've accomplished many goals in my life, but getting a full-length published novel has always been pushed aside for one reason or another. This is unacceptable, and I will cross it off of my list by the end of the year. Count on it, and buy a copy for your Mom.

The night after Brett Favre's father died, he proceeded to take the field against the Oakland Raiders, throw 4 touchdowns and pass for 399 yards. When interviewed afterwards, in what many people refer to as the most inspirational and emotional NFL performance in history, Brett was solemn but did not shed a tear. On Sunday night, when asked if he just played his last football game, Brett broke down on national television.

He's retiring, folks. It's over.

On January 12, 13 & 14, I'm leaving the state for a much-needed departure from everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick playoff predictions:

Wild Card:
Seattle over Dallas
Indianapolis over Kansas City
Philadelphia over New York Giants
New England over New York Jets

Divisional:
Chicago over Seattle
New Orleans over Philadelphia
Indianapolis over Baltimore
San Diego over New England

Conference:
Chicago over New Orleans
Indianapolis over San Diego

Super Bowl:
Chicago over Indianapolis

Later, kids. Sound off in the comments section and let us know what you're up to.

Comments:
Tinker and Cliff are doing just fine.
 
I appreciate your predictions.
Minor adjustments:

Conference:
New Orleans over Chicago
Indianapolis over San Diego

Super Bowl:
New Orleans over Indianapolis


Just saying. It'll be a fine day in Detroit.
 
(I don't have a tattoo of Reggie Bush on my left inner forearm for nothin'.)
 
And I meant Miami. There's never a fine day in Detroit.
 
It'll be a fine day in Detroit for Wrestlemania 23 in April.

For the record, I'm rooting for New Orleans, too. The Missus thinks Reggie Bush is dreamy. So do I, really.
 
It should be mentioned that last night's Fiesta Bowl was the greatest college football game I've ever witnessed. I think it's the first time in 40 years that a game was won with the old 'Statue of Liberty' play. Amazingly entertaining.
 
Yes, Reggie Bush=dreamy. If he came over to the Packers, I swear I'd be the biggest Packer fan you ever met...
 
By the way, for those of you wondering what it's like to be me...imagine that photo up there is your husband, and he tries to scare you by acting like a zombie in that mask 6-8x per week. Now you're me.

But I love!
 
As a long-distance Packers fan, I'm also sad to see Favre go. I quit following the NFL closely years ago, because my #1 allegiance is to Cincinnati, and it got too depressing to watch anymore.
 
Because the Missus has a fear of scary masks, she sort of dropped the ball when she decided to marry a guy that collects scary masks, along with various scary things in general. It's always an unnerving experience when you have to live with me full-time.

Green Bay finished much stronger than I could have imagined, even teasing a playoff run in the last few weeks. This may or may not affect Brett's decision, but it's clear that we have a good team that will only get better.
 
I hope they like the sound of static as much as I do, because that's what I left them for a "comment" on their answering machine. I can't believe I sat through that whole mess.
 
As a born and bred New Englander it is physically impossible for me to make picks that don't include the Pats going all the way. So based on this I am going to have to accept your NFL playoff picks on sheer faith in your ability to remain impartial.
 
I'm really looking forward to the playoffs because I honestly enjoy watching most of the teams that made it. That potential Chargers-Patriots matchup is going to rule. Tom Brady and the Pats are capable of winning the Superbowl every year, and they usually do.
 
Hey Guys!! Ben and I are coming to Minnesota with you! I just made the reservations this morning. We had to both make sure that we could get off of work before making final plans. My students are driving me crazy today! They're so unmotivated; it makes me want to break things against a very hard surface.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home