Monday, April 16

The Aftermath.

Shhh....I'm Busy Being Sexy.

The CDP Live Video Chat (#1) has officially come and gone. Allow me to do a postmortem for those who were there, along with those unfortunate souls who were not.

1. "Hey, How Did It Go?"

Pretty good, actually. Throughout the 2.5 hour show (we went an extra 30 minutes because people kept showing up after 11pm) we had approximately 15-20 people come and go, which was more than I had expected. The chat room was heckler and pirate-free, no fights broke out and there were very few technical and A/V problems. Not too bad for a pilot run.

2. "Hey, What All Went Down?"

I had plans to take the crisp, intelligent and hilarious conversations and essays from the CDP and bring it into a live video format. In actuality, I just drank a lot and danced around for awhile. While this wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it wasn't the best representation of myself. I alternated frequently between text-chatting and just talking via audio feed. The chat was lively and I did my best to entertain, even though I had absolutely no format and nothing to say. I can assure you, nobody had more fun than myself, even though I might have killed my mystique a tad.

I've already said it a dozen times, but it was very nice of everyone to come out and test this new creative medium out with me. I also gave away a one-of-a-kind CDP Baseball Cap, which was won by Kenny Frankly, as she was an active member of the chat for the longest amount of time. Thanks, Kenny!

3. "Durr, I Was Going To Show Up, But I Don't Have A Webcam."

You don't need a webcam to participate! It's just a chat room with an audio/video feed coming from CDP Headquarters. It requires no equipment and no registration. Remember this the next time we do it, because there's no reason you shouldn't be able to join in. You just click on my Stickam site, sit back and enjoy.

4. "Buhh, When Are You Going To Do This Again?"

Well, there's no way I can do this more than once a month. Tentatively, I'm looking at Friday, May 25, as it will be following the final Lost Friday of the season. You know I'll keep you posted.

5. "Snuh, Is It Going To Be The Same Thing As The Last Video Chat?"

Nope. Not at all. Now that I know what I'm doing and what to expect, I'll be making slight changes to assure that the next video chat is smoother and more enjoyable for everyone. For starters, I'll be doing far more talking and far less text-chatting. More people wanted to hear me talk, tell stories and interact, as opposed to playing music and watching me with my head facing the keyboard, typing feverishly for 2 hours. The next time we do this, turn up your sound, and you'll get less talk and more rawk. And by 'rawk,' I mean 'talk.'

I'll also plan ahead what I want to talk about and how I want to schedule the time. Everyone can submit ideas as to what they want to see/hear during the next chat, and it'll be far more intelligently structured than this first go-round.

6. "Ack! Are You Doing Any More Video Stuff Between Now And Then?"

Yes!

Although I won't be doing anything 'official' until after the Lost Season Finale, I'm always spending a little bit of time in my Video Chat room every night, testing things out and saying hello to people who stop in. I'm putting a link to my Video Chat Room on the main page, and if I know I'm going to be in there at a certain time, I'll mention it in the Header. The next night you drop by the CDP, just click on my Video Chat link and see if I'm in there. You never know; you might get a rare one-on-one meeting with the mythical legend that is the CDP. I'll play you music and probably show you my butt or something.

Well, there you have it. Sound off in the comments section with any questions or concerns about the previous or any future CDP Live Video Chats. Thanks again, and enjoy your Monday.

Comments:
Awesome. I'm going to look at my audio settings again and will check in periodically to see if we can run an audio test.

I'll also try not to go out drinking beforehand on the 25th.
 
The chat was fun, even though the CDP wouldn't let me be on camera for fear of "lady hecklers."
 
Indeed, I had lots of fun. Is a transcript of this chat available? I also desired more on-camera Hathery. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the next scheduled date for the chat. I'll be at a wedding, getting drunk and being an ass, as opposed to tuning into the chat, getting drunk and being an ass.

Much love.
 
Have no fear--the CDP will do lots of getting drunk and being an ass on your behalf :)
 
I also volunteer to be a drunken ass.
 
JT- Sounds good. Check in tonight and we can mess with the audio.

KENNY- Although there is no chat transcript available, I'll make sure the next one gets documented (maybe even recorded!).

HATHERY- I was protecting you from jerks, but fortunately, jerks never showed up. You can get more camera time the next go round, just to bring in more dudes.
 
I'll try to. I won't be home until 9 or so EDT, but I'll check in when I get home.
 
Yeah...I never came home last night.

Also, I'm at the bar tonight, so I won't be in until 2:30 or so my time.
 
That's cool, I didn't stay until 8pm anyways.

I won't be on again until next week probably, but I'll always keep everyone posted in the banner.
 
Hopefully that "DURRR" was directed at me, because then I'd feel really cool. :]


I can't wait for the next one, though, CDP. I'll be prepared. I'm gunna stalk you like Rosie O'Donnel stalks sugary treats and lesbiens.
 
Cargirl, there were a couple people who thought they needed a webcam to get in, but you reminded me to make a public note of it. So yes, it was mostly directed at you; but in the nicest and least-asshole way possible.

Yeah, you better be at the next chat. It's been awhile since I've had a good old-fashioned stalker. You'd think otherwise, but the well's been a bit dry as of late. It's probably because I'm about the least intriguing man on the planet, and I offer nothing whatsoever of importance to The Ladies.

So yeah, you can start by mailing me a cat head, or whatever you think will drive the point home.
 
I have two cats.

They're yours for the cutting.




Only not really. They would kill you first. They know Jiu-Jitsu.
 
Jiu-Jitsu is a solid Martial Art. They'd immediately take me down and go for a submission move.

It would be the best submission ever. I love cats.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home