Wednesday, April 11

Is Can It Be Chat Tiem Now Plz?

Wow, A Promotional Poster And Everything!

Well, the very first CDP Live Video Chat is just two days away. If you still aren't on board for this, click the above banner to find out everything you need to join in on an unprecedented event in CDP history. It's as simple as showing up here on Friday night. Seriously. Besides, you already do that for Lost Friday, right?

To simplify, this Friday night from 9-11pm Central time (after Lost Friday), I'll be broadcasting live from CDP Headquarters: answering questions, spinning phat tracks and getting flamed by dozens of lurking hecklers. You don't need a webcam to participate. It'll be an open chat room with my audio/video feed included. Simple.

I've never done anything like this before, and for a reclusive writer to break the fourth wall and invite everyone into his office, it's been taking a psychological toll on yours truly. Specifically because I have only 15 minutes planned so far for this 2 hour show. I guess I'll have to take my clothes off really slowly for that last hour and a half. Or maybe expand the third drum solo to a hard 18 minutes.

Attack Of The CDP!

In Amazing Free Publicity News, the CDP was briefly shown on the G4TV series Attack Of The Show! Ironically enough, they were talking about the very same live video chat that's going down here Friday. I watch AOTS! about once or twice a month, so to tune in and see my face staring back at me, it was a pleasant and awkward surprise to say the least. Hey, if it's good enough for Olivia Munn, it had damn well better be good enough for you.

Before I leave today, here are 5 points of interest from my Easter weekend:

1. Evan, the Official Spokesbaby of the CDP, pretty much rules. He's better than your baby; I'm absolutely sure of it. He only cries like, half of the day.

2. On Monday, I spent $90 on a jacket/shirt combo because the cute girl behind the counter told me that I looked good in them. This is the definition of stupidity.

3. A friend of my mom lives in a haunted house. After a few calls were made, me and my friends are now allowed to enter said haunted house with a ton of video and audio equipment. I'll keep you posted on our findings.

4. Another friend of my mom was put into a coma after a brutal drunk-driving accident. After dreaming that he had been forgotten by friends and family, he awoke and instantly gave up drinking and smoking. I guess he's a born-again Christian or something. Good for him.

5. Cadbury Cream Eggs make my pants tingle a little.

As far as the Live Chat goes, please RSVP in the comments section. I need to know how much cheese to slice. Thanks.

NEXT-THE CDP DOUBLE FEATURE:
LOST FRIDAY. - LIVE VIDEO CHAT.

Comments:
They showed my picture on Attack Of The Show!
 
It was quite awesome. I think we both wet ourselves a little.
 
I like taking pictures of myself on the TV. Makes me feel like a big man.


I'm a big man!
 
Honk-shoo!
 
Boy, when nobody shows up to this thing, I am going to be one sad Birthday Boy.



And it ain't even my birthday.
 
It's been a while since i posted, but i am still keeping up with everything (except some of the Lost fridays for episodes i haven't seen yet). I was hoping to make it for your video chat, but unfortunately it falls at the start of Charlotte, NC's "Beer Week" and i've got tickets to a "weird beer tasting" at The Mellow Mushroom. This makes me sad. ...Not about drinking the beer (that makes me happy) but at missing your big evening. I'll try to make your next one though. Good luck with this one!
 
Man, I can't even be upset with these excuses. This just happens to be the one weekend where everyone is legitimately doing something cooler than my Video Chat.

Sounds like a good time. It was nice of you to stop in and say hello. Been a slow day.
 
Color me there. No slingin' drinks that night.

JT in.
 
Awesome. That brings the number up to a guaranteed 5, and that's including myself.

Yeah.

5.
 
I'm not going to wait until tomorrow to talk about the death of Kurt Vonnegut. Even though he was 84 and smoked like a tire fire, I was actually convinced that he couldn't die. Wouldn't.

I hope that everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

:(
 
Lucky for you, one of the benefits of having three small children is the ability to spend massive amounts of time at home. consider yourself penciled in.
 
Fantastic! Now we're getting somewhere! I'm going to have to wear an ironed shirt and everything!

This is one of my favorite Vonnegut paragraphs:

"I am, incidentally, Honorary President of the American Humanist Association, having succeeded the late, great science fiction writer Isaac Asimov in that totally functionless capacity. We had a memorial service for Isaac a few years back, and I spoke and said at one point, "Isaac is up in heaven now." It was the funniest thing I could have said to an audience of humanists. I rolled them in the aisles. It was several minutes before order could be restored. And if I should ever die, God forbid, I hope you will say, "Kurt is up in heaven now." That's my favorite joke."
 
God bless you, Mr. Vonnegut.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home