Tuesday, May 15

It's Been Awhile Since I Got A Bunch Of Hate Mail.

Owned.
(Jerry Falwell - 1933-2007)

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way- all of them who have tried to secularize America- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen." - Following the September 11 Attacks.

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers . . . AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." - On AIDS.

"You'll be riding along in an automobile. You'll be the driver perhaps. You're a Christian. There'll be several people in the automobile with you, maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the trumpet sounds you and the other born-again believers in that automobile will be instantly caught away - you will disappear, leaving behind only your clothes and physical things that cannot inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or persons in the automobile will suddenly be startled to find the car suddenly somewhere crashes.... Other cars on the highway driven by believers will suddenly be out of control and stark pandemonium will occur on ... every highway in the world where Christians are caught away from the drivers wheel." - On Born-Again Christians.

"Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers." - On Labor Unions.

"I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status." - On Minorities.

"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!" - On Public Schools.

"I question the sincerity of people like the Reverend Martin Luther King." - On Civil Rights.

The world has lost a true douchebag. Sound off in the comments section and pay your respects.

Comments:
Women are minorities, eh? Is that even statistically possible?

I wonder if it's wrong to derive so much pleasure from someone's demise.
 
You're a Unitarian, so yes, that would be wrong.

I, on the other hand, am just an ass, so he can burn in hell for all I care.

Falwell may have wanted women to be treated as minorities, but he should have tightened up his math skills a little bit.

"Numbers are the devil's tool!"
 
I don't know....something tells me there are plenty of unitarians rejoicing right about now...
 
Satan's pissed because he's about to get outvoted in the next Hell Election.
 
Best...joke...ever.
 
Here's the problem: He'll only be replaced by someone more fanatical.
 
Like, say, the next president of Bob Jones University?

It's people like these that make me not know whether to smile or run away screaming when someone say they're a "Christian."

On a lighter note...I finally got caught up on all my missing LOST episodes from this season, yay! Now i no longer have to live in a hole. And i've got a big "The Office" season finale party set up for Thursday.

Did you see the NBC upfronts for "The Office"? 30 half hour episodes plus 5 one hour episodes! Cra-zy.
 
JT- True 'dat. Fred Phelps is chomping at the bit right now.

GODOT- Good for you; welcome back to reality! I hope you can catch up on all of out Lost Fridays as well!

The US version of The Office has become a cultural phenomenon all its own, and it totally deserves it. I've been waiting for them to fizzle out, but they're not anywhere near that point.
 
Second the doucebag comment. I'm sure Pat Robertson is clapping like a wind-up monkey at the prospect of being the biggest batshit asshole alive now that Falwell's dead.
 
Phelps and Pat Buchanan both want a recount on the asshole vote, as you would assume.
 
I like to refer to him as "Radical Cleric Jerry Falwell".
 
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky
 
That's all fine and good, Michael, but that doesn't change the long-standing theory that Jerry Falwell is completely insane and not at all indicative of modern Christians.

I'm glad you fought through the bull crap, though. Good on you.
 
Hmmm...something tells me Captain Michael might be a blog troll. Just saying. My aplogies if you're a real person who reads this blog often, and didn't just go on a mad blog-search looking for people who wrote about Falwell's death...
 
I [17] have no idea, whatsoever [Des Moines, Iowa], that that post from Mi[chae]l had to do with anything in your original [I like the way you talk, aw-hawh] posting about Jerry Falwell.

Also, was there [Sasquatch] any point to it whatsoever? [Timmy]

May Metal be your Savior
JT
 
Well, that was hilarious.
 
Nothing delivers you from your "psychological prison" than Catholicism...I've long said that.
 
You missed his all time best though. His comments about Tinky Winky being gay!! How could you miss those?!
 

Post a Comment

<< Home