Wednesday, December 12

The CDP's Top 20 Albums Of 2007 - 15-11.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here we are again, kids. The CDP's choices for the Top 15 albums of 2007. As always, the list is compiled only of albums that I have purchased and were released in 2007. I am not a music critic, I am a music fan, and the list is personal preference and opinion only; not a chance to boast my hipster cred. Ready? Let's do this.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
15. The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
Read about the album here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
14. Minus The Bear - Planet Of Ice
Read about the album here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
13. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Read about the album here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
12. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna...Are You The Destroyer?
Read about the album here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
11. Sage Francis - Human The Death Dance
Read about the album here!

TOMORROW: #10-6.

When you're done here, head on over to the Cargirl News Minute to see her Top 10 Favorite Things of the Year!

Comments:
First!

Hey, I'm still feeling like crap, I'm working on book press like mad and I'm trying to do some CDP year-end stuff as well, so please forgive me for the lack of life-changing word acrobatics with this Top 20 list. I needed a tiny break, yet I can't help but post 5 times a week, so I reached a compromise with myself.
 
You are forgiven.
 
We gots more books that should be here in a few days, so anybody that wants to get in on the mailorder fun should send their money post haste! See http://communistdanceparty.blogspot.com/2007/11/65-poor-life-decisions-cdp-book.html for the how-to!
 
Yup, or just click on the banner at the top of the page.

Of course, you can always buy 65 Poor Life Decisions through Lulu.com. They're never out of stock!
 
You make a good point, Zeinert. But it won't be signed, and you won't get complimentary merch.
 
That is correct. Listen to the Missus! The Missus is good!
 
You put one to many O's in there.
 
crrect? that doesen't make any sense.
 
crrect? that doesen't make any sense

No, I think she meant in the sentence "Listen to the Missus!"

It should read "Listen, T the Missus!"

Clearly, he was telling Mr. T to quiet down, as the Missus was home and might discover him.
 
I pity da fool that don't listen to da missus!
 
"I'm sick-a-diss jibba-jabba!"

I can't believe it's been so long since we've discussed Mr. T on the CDP. I just watched Freaked the other day, and he plays a bearded lady in it. God, that's a funny movie.
 
Do you two have all of your conversations this way?
 
Pretty much. We went to the Ronco School of Advertising and Sales.
 
Every time you don't put Architecture up there it pleases me. And three of those albums are in my top ten of the year. Especially Arctic Monkeys.
 
AIH is coming; it's up there somewhere...

Favourite Worst Nightmare was pretty fantastic, in that I didn't think the Arctic Monkeys could come through with such a solid sophomore effort (and so quickly, mind you). Really good stuff.
 
It should read "Listen, T the Missus!"

Yep, that's what Ryan meant to type.
 
Last year, I used to go around quoting Mr. T because I watched his show. Best/worst show ever. It was called "I Pity The Fool" and it entailed him giving advice to ignoant people.
 
I was going to check that out, but I thought it got cancelled before I had the chance.

"Treat yo mutha right! Eat your greens!"
 
That show actually existed?!?
 
How much has that artist sold out? Calculate their Moby Quotient!

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2007/sellout-songs/
 
Oh man, that is BRILLIANT.
 
Does anyone else remember the Mr. T cartoon? It think the plotline (if you could call it that) was that he was a bodyguard for gymnasts and they traveled the world and stumbled into mysteries. Kinda like Scooby-Doo, only with Mr. T instead of a dog.
 
Oh Man! I forgot about that one!
 
@MikeHoss-

Christ. That makes me really happy that I don't watch TV.
 
Do a YouTube search for "Treat your mother right." It's the best thing you can do during a Mr. T conversation.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home