Monday, January 28

CDP Nationwide Mix-Tape Exchange #2 Drawing.

Mix-Tape Exchange #2.

It's go time, kids!

After extensive laboring, uploading e-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 24 pairings for the CDP Nationwide Mix-Tape Exchange #2. Everyone that signed up has someone that they will create a mix-tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.

The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a co-worker picked a number, and I eliminated the names, 'MASH'-style. Because there were more guys than girls, there are a few situations where a married guy will be making a love-themed mix for another married guy. Don't fret, it's not going to turn you gay or anything, I promise. Here we go.

1. The Missus will be making a mix for Bruce Dierbeck.
2. Emily Mills will be making a mix for Blustacon.
3. Sherry will be making a mix for Carrot Duff.
4. Julia Rubin will be making a mix for Caveman.
5. Kenny Frankly will be making a mix for Moe Greene.
6. Cargirl will be making a mix for Jesse Russell.
7. Vic will be making a mix for The CDP.
8. Heather will be making a mix for Scott Fendley.
9. Daniella Maria will be making a mix for Morgan Dempsey.
10. Kate Carillo will be making a mix for Will Betheboy.
11. JT will be making a mix for Sherry.
12. Moe Greene will be making a mix for Kate Carillo.
13. Jesse Russell will be making a mix for Domsar.
14. Carrot Duff will be making a mix for Mike Hoss.
15. Will Betheboy will be making a mix for Benjamin.
16. Blustacon will be making a mix for The Missus.
17. Morgan Dempsey will be making a mix for Cargirl.
18. Caveman will be making a mix for Kenny Frankly.
19. Bruce Dierbeck will be making a mix for Heather.
20. Domsar will be making a mix for Vic.
21. Mike Hoss will be making a mix for Julia Rubin.
22. Scott Fendley will be making a mix for Daniella Maria.
23. The CDP will be making a mix for Emily Mills.
24. Benjamin will be making a mix for JT.

Wonderful. Here's what we all do next:

1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone over the next few hours (give me until around noon today to finish), reminding them who they need to create a mix-tape for, and what that person's e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:

"Vic, you will be making a mix-tape for the CDP. His e-mail address is communistdance@yahoo.com. Please contact him and get his mailing address."

2. It will then be up to the creator of the mix-tape to contact the recipient and get their physical mailing address. For example:

"Hey Kenny, it's Caveman. I'm making you a mix-tape, so give me your mailing address so I can send you some sweet-ass tunage!"

3. One you get the mailing address of the person you're sending a mix-tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. My goal is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11. Now that you know who you're making a mix for, you should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two weeks. If someone gets left out, I'll feel personally responsible, so please don't make an ass out of me.

4. If you're having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact me and I'll sort it out. I'm pretty neat like that. If everyone gets their mixes mailed out by the week of the 14th, everyone should get their packages in time to celebrate Valentine's Day in style. Of course, once you receive your mix-tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone's packages.

5. Here are some assorted FAQ's about the Trade:

Q: Does it have to be on a CD? I want to go old-skool, and put it on a cassette!
A: Although your recipient might not like it, you're more than welcome to go totally 80's and make a mix-tape the way God intended.

Q: What should I put on the mix-tape?
A: For Mix-Tape Trade #2, we're going with a Valentine's Day, love-themed mix that covers at least one of the following two categories:

1. Your favorite love (or anti-love) songs.
2. Your favorite songs to get it on (or think about getting it on) to.

Also, get creative with hand-written liner notes, instructions for listening or your personal thoughts on each track. The less sterile it is, the more it will be enjoyed (and the more fun it is to create).

Q: I don't know the person I'm sending the mix to? What should I do?
A: Well, this is really the point of the whole Trade. Express yourself and say hello through your mix. Who knows? You might make a new friend out of the deal. But probably, you'll just realize that your taste in music is horrid. Be creative or be lazy; just do something and mail it out in time.

Well, I think that's about it. Wait for my e-mail and go from there. Any questions, comments or concerns? Sound off in the comments section or drop me an e-mail. Let's freaking do this!

WEDNESDAY: LOST SEASON 4 PREVIEW.


Comments:
Hooray! I'm all bouncy and ready to go. Blustacon, prepare your ears for a LOVE ROCK ASSAULT! ...or something.

Now, about that going to sleep thing....
 
Excellent. TIme to start paring down the list of songs, or I'll have to send Sherry my hard drive.
 
I'm pretty jacked, myself. Making a mix for Emily will test my limits of mix-tape snobbery. My current list has over 300 songs on it. I have to get that down to 20 within the next week or two.
 
Sweet-ass tunage indeed... I'm almost finished "Caveman's V-day mix tape for enjoyment by all", and it's a seamless flow of awesomeness.
 
Rad.

Again, I'll have the e-mails 100% sent out by noon today.
 
I made a mix for Julia last time. That's okay -- if she's okay with it.

Thanks, CDP, for doing this.
 
Crap. Sorry about that, Hoss; I tried to prevent stuff like that from happening.

Hey, you're welcome. This is one of those things that people don't mind putting some effort towards. It's a good time all around, and my hope is to have hundreds of people playing along a year or so from now.
 
Sorry about that, Hoss; I tried to prevent stuff like that from happening.

No prob. you had a tough task of getting this sorted and try to match men and women together. It's cool with me. Julia knows what to expect this time around!
 
ALL E-MAILS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT.

If there are any issues, let me know, but it would appear as if Thunderbirds are go at this point.

1. Get your recipiant's mailing address.

2. Send them your mix.

3. Profit.
 
Yay! I'm making/receiving a mix tape for/from two of my favorite non-husband boys!!!
 
Blustacon and Bruce are two funny guys, fo' sho'.
 
Prepare to get soundly KaPWnED Mike.My severly average music taste has no bounds!

Quick question: Do I want 'Sound Check' on? iTunes is telling me I should, but I'm not sure why.
 
DUFF - Not familiar with the 'Sound Check' option; anyone else?
 
I usually leave the sound check thingy on. Hasn't ever been a problem for me. I haven't particularly noticed the difference one way or the other.
 
I asked my friend Google about "Sound Check" and he said:
"Sound Check does a very simple peak level normalization. . .iTunes's sound check (whether for playback or burning) doesn't do what it claims to do with sufficient accuracy. Its levels are all over the place."

Duff: I'm ready!! But is the rest of the world?
 
I'm glad we drew names so early, so everyone has two weeks to get everything just the way they want it. I know I need the extra time.

How can a mix be sad, tender and filthy at the same time? That's the question I need to answer.
 
Unlike last time, I totally have IDEAS for this mix. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, though.
 
I have too many ideas. I need to refine.
 
I have too many ideas. I need to refine.

Likewise.
 
As I was driving to Oshkosh this morning, I realized I should really probably start thinking a little bit harder about my mix. Then I popped in a mix I made about 3 years ago, and realized it had about 80% of what I would put on a current Love mix. Now I just have to figure out that remaining 20%.
 
Did any of you peeps know about this best of Madison bit that's going around? Go here, fill out at least 53 categories, and vote for Ryan Zeinert as the best blogger.
 
Oh, and be sure to vote for dane101.com as best website too! Check them out if you haven't. They rock the freakin' box.
 
Way ahead of you, Hathery. :)
 
JULIA - Once a good mix, always a good mix, for the most part.

HATHERY/EMILY - I'll formally address this tomorrow. W000t.
 
I'd thought about making a mix for this trade with the theme of the stages a relationship goes through, to encompass both of the categories (love songs/anti-love songs and the "baby making" genre). Since I'm being a poop and bench-sitting, anyone who might need an idea or inspiration please feel free to use that, if it appeals to you.
 
EMILY- I am excited!, expectations are extremely high.

HATHERY- Holy dogshitballfarts!! The pressure... it's killing me!


breathe, alls well here, nobody panic.
 
This is going to be a good one, I can tell. Trade #1 was awesome, but this one...
 
My mix will be made up of songs I've written specifically for Benjamins including Franklin, and Private.
 
Holy dogshitballfarts!! The pressure... it's killing me!

This is why Blu is so awesome.
 
Oh and I just tried the Best of Madison poll. I can't fill that out, I can't name that many things about the city I live in, much less Madison. Just know CDP that you'll always be the number one blogger in Madison to me.
 
Thanks for the effort, Will. I'll reciprocate the sentiment when an LA-themed ballot slides my way.

Madison should really keep me and Dane 101 as far away from each other as possible, because we're straight-up set to destroy this city.

Remember when 2Pac and Dre got together? Yeah...times ten.
 
How can a mix be sad, tender and filthy at the same time? That's the question I need to answer.

Start with some James Blunt, hook up some Air Supply, and then wrap it up with Peaches. Add a dash of Dirty Sanchez to taste.

Crap, I think I just gave away my mix.

(Kidding, obviously. I hate James Blunt.)
 
I'm an owner of the 2 Live Crew's Nasty As They Wanna Be album, and it took a lot to not just burn that to another disc.
 
I should add that I'm not a proud owner of the album.
 
My mix doesn't really have theme. It's kind of a random selection of some of my favourite sex/love/anti-love songs. It starts out with alternate/indie, becomes quite heavy, goes a bit techno/weird, then finishes with a grouping of them all.

And I hate to say it, but I'm proud!
 
I know we joke about it, but I seriously believe Wolf is going to bite someone one of these days...
 
I know we joke about it, but I seriously believe Wolf is going to bite someone one of these days...

It's his God-given right as an American.
 
I've got Lost "mobisode" (ugh...lame) 13 posted, and a link to 1 through 12 if anyone needs a fix in preparation for Wednesday and Thursday.
 
Remember in Billy Madison when Billy gets all excited because it's NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!

Yeah, that's totally going to be when I get my mix cd.

Complete with referring to it as NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY the entire morning prior to getting the mail.
 
CARROT - You should be proud after you complete a mix-tape. It's just one of those things that's just as rewarding to give as it is to receive.

You know, unless your getting a mix from me or something.

CAVEMAN/JT - I lul'd. I thought he was going to bite Layla Ali during the post-Hang Tough interview. And can you blame him?

MAUS - Thanks! This is a good time to remind those who don't know that the Season 3 Finale will be broadcast Wednesday night, complete with a 'pop-up' treatment.

BRUCE - I oversaw the Missus mix selections, and I can assure you you're getting something special.

More special than nudie magazines? Opinions may vary.
 
Remember in Billy Madison when Billy gets all excited because it's NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!

Yeah, that's totally going to be when I get my mix cd.

Complete with referring to it as NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY the entire morning prior to getting the mail.


I got a little overzealous last night, and finished your mix last night...so it may be nudie day earlier than you think.
 
It's true; the mix is sitting on our breakfast nook as we speak.
 
It's actually in my car, getting a listen-through to make sure the CD burned properly. So far, so good. Woohoo!
 
I'm not there, yet. My current cut stands at 271 tracks.
 
My current cut stands at 271 tracks.

Huh, at 32 tracks I guess I'm doing better than I thought.
 
Ryan doesn't quite understand the concept of "trimming the fat" when it comes to mix-tapes :)
 
I do my creations in layers. I write the same way; one coat at a time.

By the by, I'm having major publishing issues with Blogger, so the Season 4 Preview may be in jeopardy for tomorrow. I'll keep you posted (if I can).
 
Why do you lie? What makes you lie?
 
I'm serious; I've been getting error messages in my Dashboard all day. Everything keeps getting deleted. It ain't funny.
 
Ditto. Stupid Blogger.
 
Seriously? Nudie Magazine/CD Day may arrive sooner?

Dear Diary,

Best day ever. You'll never believe what I just learned. Y'know the mix cd coming my way? Well ...

XOXOXO diary,

Bruce.
 
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought I'd ever be writing to you, but something happened the other day that...
 

Post a Comment

<< Home