Monday, June 23

Queen Vandals, Bomb Pops & Old-Timey Boxers.



1. Today is the deadline for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Exchange #3, so get those mixes in the mail by the end of the day today! Unless you haven't already gotten back to me and your Mix Buddy with a damn good excuse, don't expect any sympathy from myself or the CDP faithful when it's discovered that you've gone deadbeat. It's just like when you don't get the Big Wheel around all the way on The Price Is Right; even the elderly and frail get booed when they're unable to accomplish such a simple task. Don't let me down.



2. It was one year ago this week that I changed the Internet forever with my very first (and to this day, only) YouTube clip. Please step back to 2007 and enjoy my instructional foray into creating your new favorite Summer drink, the Bomb Pop; featuring the kitchen of my old apartment in all its tiny glory.



3. The always entertaining, vibrant, funny and well-scrubbed Emily Mills sent me this short clip last weekend in promotion for the Kino Louisville Spring Cabaret. Starring herself and Madison filmmaker extraordinaire Rob Matsushita, they were kind enough to throw a CDP shoutout within. Furthermore, Emily can officially do whatever she wants and still look cute. It's quite the talent, I must say.

The CDP's Top 30 Atari 2600 Games Of All-Time will arrive on Wednesday and Friday of this week, so stay tuned. Until then, get those Mix-Tapes mailed out, get a hold of me if you've hit a snag somehow, sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day.

Comments:
My hero died last year.
 
I guess we have no choice now but to be each other's hero.
 
For the record, the ad at the bottom of this post was not placed there by me, and I'm working on a way to get rid of it.

Obviously, don't click on it. Hell, don't even look at it. Don't give Google the pleasure of wringing even a penny out of placing ads on my blog without warning.
 
Sorry---that was my fault!! I was playing around with the Feedburner channel and accidentally clicked an option that turned ads on. I have no clue how it made them go on this site though; that's bizarre.
 
Hey, here's a thought: Try not to break the CDP, kay?

Nobody's going to comment today. Too much weirdness going on.
 
I didn't mean to break it! I didn't even know I had the POWER to break it :( :(
 
Kathy Lee told me the news five minutes ago. I thought she was talking about another George Carlin.

Bummer
 
CDP-I thought of view when I first went to Yahoo and they told me the tragic news of George's death. I was trying to relate my own sadness to my students this morning, but they had no idea who I was talking about. Of course, I totally skooled them. Suckers.

My mix tape will be in the mail by 12:15.
 
I thought of you...not view. I am not promoting the View in any way, shape or form.
 
HILBELINK - George was right; kids are stupid.

Lucky CDP readers... you get two new posts today.

Mix Tape/Bomb Pop/Pugilist Boxer discussion can stay in this thread. Carlin stuff and everything else should move to the Tuesday thread.
 
I will have my mixtape in the mail by this evening, I promise. It would have been earlier, but I forgot I had a long training session at work today and can't leave for a lunch break. :(

Pugilist boxers 4eva!
 
Hey, Monday is Monday. Thanks for mailing it out!

It's funny that everything used to have cocaine in it.
 
I defied the odds and got the mix in the mail today.

Due to how crazy my last week was, and that I was gone this past weekend, the mix isn't quite up to the greatness I had hoped. But I still think that it's good, possibly the best CDP mix I have made so far. But who am I to judge?
 
Looking forward to it, Hoss (if you're sending one my way, of course). The Love Mix was terrific.

Terriffic?
Teriffic?
Terrific?

You'll notice that I hardly, if ever, use...that word in my essays, mainly because I never know how it's spelled and I'm too lazy to look it up. Now you know.
 
Emily Mills is awesome.
 
Cargirl!

Emily rules. I'm gonna write a short film for the sole purpose of being able to have a fight scene with her.

Get those DC photos on Facebook, post haste!
 
CDP -- naturally I sent you a mix. In fact, some of the latest music talk in here had me put some last minute covers in. Just for you. Really.

And Firefox has a built-in spell-checker, so then you can use terrific. Firefox 3 is recently out, and it's blowing me away how much better it was then FF2. And IE7? Not even worth comparing! :)
 
I gotta say, Firefox pwnz all. I'll give this Firefox 3 a whirl.
 
My husband only uses Firefox anymore. Me? I'm in the stone age with my wonky/glitchy Internet Explorer. Between his newfound love of Firefox, his cancellation of the webhosting of all of his pet-project websites, and his sudden desire to buy a Mac, it's like I don't even KNOW this person my husband has become.




Off to the Carlin thread I go.
 
Once you go Mac...
 
I am excited to have officially completed and mailed my first mix cd for the Worldwide Exchange. I honestly think this is maybe the first time I have created a mix...but I could be wrong. I am getting rather geriatric and losing my memory.
 
Congrats. We like to do this every 4-6 months here on the CDP, so savor the flavor.
 
Thanks Cargirl!

CDP - I'm holding you to it.

Also, I'm just about to head off to the post office to send these suckers out. Hooray!
 
I enjoyed the Vandals video, although at some points that looked like what would happen if Freddie Mercury and Charlie Chaplin had a love child. In general, I am very much excited for Sasha Baron Cohen to play Freddie in the alleged Queen movie that is theoretically going to one day be made...maybe.
 
I meant Sacha. Got I such at righting what I mean.
 
I enjoy that video more every time I watch it.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home