Wednesday, June 25

We'll Sleep On Ice When This Bed Is On Fire.

CDP Liveblog.

I've never tried 'Live Blogging' before, so here's something altogether new for the CDP: The following minute-by-minute log was written by yours truly yesterday, while doing administration duties for a particularly cumbersome and nerve-wracking examination at a nearby hotel. It's a bit lengthy, but it's worth the read in my opinion. Enjoy.

8:15 AM - I leave home at 7:05 am, and after getting lost twice and hitting road construction thrice, I arrive to the Rodeway Inn at 8:05 am, just in time to set up my equipment for the Pharmacy exam and obliterate the free continental breakfast.

8:29 AM - I eat two doughnuts, a bagel drowning in cream cheese and two glasses of orange juice. I ask for milk, but the concierge never comes back. I think he thinks I’m homeless, and I offer no explanation as to why I am not.

8:48 AM - Due to new testing protocol, the amount of work that I’m supposed to do today has gone from ‘entirely too much’ to ‘don’t bother showing up until noon.’ I’m needed for five seconds every 10 minutes, and quickly realize that I brought along no acts of subterfuge to break the monotony. It’s going to be a long day.

8:51 AM - I just ate a rhubarb muffin by accident. I swear to God, that crap tastes just like pennies and battery acid. Who enjoys this stuff? I take my first of what will assuredly be hundreds of bathroom breaks throughout the day.

9:35 AM – We have our first exam failure of the day, and it’s a spectacular one. In fact, the girl in question only scored a few points more than I did. Bear in mind, I didn’t take the test at all. I feel sort of bad, but I can’t help but chuckling when determining the pass point. She has a better chance of winning the Gold in Men’s Javelin than becoming a licensed Pharmacist.

10:00 AM – Bored already, I call my wife at work. She’s less than sympathetic. There are about 35 people on staff today that are running around and making sure things go smoothly, and I’m sitting in the corner, brushing up on my Excel formulas and eavesdropping on stories about meth labs and children named Walker and Mackenzie.

10:21 AM – I’ve just been told that we’re running way ahead of schedule, and there will be about two hours of total downtime between the 9:45 and 12:45 group. I silently contemplate what I will do during this time; either walk to the nearby Denny’s for a halfway-vegetarian lunch (the hotel catering staff stuffed everything with meat), or take in the scenic views of the Madison Beltline. In the end, I decide to kill myself.

10:28 AM – Someone walks past me with a glass of milk. Where did that jackass get milk? Intrigued, I decide to take a walkabout.

10:32 AM – No such luck. From what I can gather, that dude poured himself a glass of milk in his car. I change the wallpaper on my cell phone, and try for the billionth time to connect to a wireless network through this laptop. Not happening. I saw a kid in the lobby with a MacBook; maybe he’d be willing to trade for a 10 year old ThinkPad that’s property of the State of Wisconsin and weighs a shade under 30 pounds. At the very least, he could use it to beat potential muggers to death.

10:45 AM – I take a walk around the hotel. No pool, but an arcade that features such classics as Lethal Enforcers and Cruisin’ USA. Their candy machines are all but empty, and their soda machine still carries Slice. I haven’t had a can of Slice since the last time I was at this hotel; they may be the last place on Earth that still stocks it.

10:47 AM – Man, this electric stapler kicks ass.

10:49 AM – I read a USA Today article on George Carlin. I find it a shame that the media typically focused on nothing but his obscenity trial and ‘Place for your stuff’ routine. I mean, that was all fine and good, but come on; the guy recorded 23 albums and performed for over 50 years. When Jerry Seinfeld dies, will they eulogize him with the headline, “The comedian about nothing?”

10:55 AM – Actual critique from one examiner’s grading sheet: “Candidate wasn’t wearing socks.” I’ll make a note of that; thanks.

11:06 AM – Got busy there for a second. Coffee smells really good right about now. They’re bringing lunch in, and I’m eying up that mixed green salad like you wouldn’t believe.

11:20 AM – Someone just asked me if I carpool to work. I told them that I like singing in my car far too much to share a morning commute with strangers. They laugh heartily, but they don’t realize that I’m serious.

11:30 AM – For the first time this year, it’s amazingly hot outside; maybe 90 degrees while standing on the blacktop. A nearby cottonwood tree covers my clothes with its deposits, while I stand in the parking lot and carefully examine the decisions I made in life that got me to this point in time. I start to get all burny, so I head back indoors.

11:41 AM – A group of people behind me are sharing a very specific set of stories: times that they got caught in traffic on their way to Canada. As weird of a storytelling genre as this is, most of the people have halfway-entertaining tales to tell. I have a couple, but I’ll keep it to myself. I don’t give things like that away for just anyone.

11:50 AM – Catering took the coffee pot away in the main ballroom in anticipation for lunch. This pleases nobody, as I’m once again reminded that caffeine is an addictive drug that turns people into assholes when they’re neglected of it. Grow up, kids.

11:52 AM – Man, I could go for a cup of coffee right now. I broke my eight year caffeine strike a couple of times while me and the Missus moved into our new house. Since then, the thought of consuming more has been in the back of my head for days now. Weird how that happens. Oh, and don’t bother with the ‘drink decaf’ discussion. That is sheer pointlessness.

12:00 PM – A cheese sandwich and potato salad for lunch. Better than I assumed it would be. Miracle Whip instead of mayo, white instead of wheat and Sierra Mist instead of 7up. I feel very proud for being able to make such sacrifices without causing problems. The things I do for the betterment of the state of Wisconsin is staggering at times.

12:05 PM – As the elderly examiners and proctors file into the ballroom for lunch, I’m reminded that senior citizens love nothing more than to talk about their various ailments, surgeries and friends that have died of one horrid disease or another. I suppose there comes a point in your life where you dedicate it to merely staying alive on a day-to-day basis; therefore you’d probably have a lot to say on the matter when it comes up. I should be so lucky.

12:07 PM – Colon cancer. Chemotherapy. A neighbor kid slashed the tires on my boat trailer. My feet hurt. I can’t eat with plastic silverware. I can’t live without meat. And so on, and so forth.

12:09 PM – I miss the Internet. I miss the CDP. I miss the Earth so much; I miss my wife.

12:19 PM – I’m two-thirds of the way through this examination. Even though this is the smoothest year of administering it that I can remember, I sometimes miss the disasters and candidate freak-outs. We once had a girl that refused to get off of her cell phone to answer questions or speak to anyone. Another girl threw up. This is a big damn deal to a lot of recent graduates, and they sometimes handle the pressure with less than grace. Women, mostly; although I’m not making a statement of any kind. Guys typically just up and leave when they’re frustrated, as is their nature.

12:23 PM – I’m sweating straight through these khakis. Whoever invented the term ‘business casual’ needs to have their ballbag pounded flat with a rubber mallet.

12:34 PM – Tragedy strikes. The electric stapler runs out of bullets, and I’m forced to go back to manual. This is like going back to dial-up when you’ve been conditioned to cable. I do some brief wrist exercises and stretches. Should have brought sweatbands.

12:40 PM – I wish I could listen to the new Girl Talk album right now; it’s pretty terrific. I’d say that it’s right on par with Night Ripper, but as is the case with both albums, the profanity and disgusting lyrical content of some modern hip-hop samples keeps me from blasting it when the Missus or my friends are around. Maybe I should remix a clean version. Sort of like a fan edit, only for something that was already good in the first place. Fan edits keep fans of crappy directors naïve and ignorantly unaware that their favorite movies suck.

12:45 PM – Entertainment Weekly proclaimed that Pulp Fiction was the greatest movie of the last 25 years, and I agree wholeheartedly. But they went on to say that the Purple Rain soundtrack was the greatest album of the last 25 years, which couldn’t be more wrong.

12:54 PM – I guess men aren’t doing too well on this exam, as there is a question involved in the interview which may imply that the female subject is pregnant. I guess none of the men are catching on to this, which surprises me none. Guys tend to overlook things as subtle as a pregnancy.

1:00 PM – Somebody puked. I eat an oatmeal raisin cookie. It’s pretty good.

1:08 PM – For as prim, proper, professional and formal as some of these female board members are, I bet they’d get a real kick out of me talking dirty to them. Some of them are just begging for it, what with their pantsuits and handbags. I try my theory out on a girl in particular that has been keeping an eye on me for most of the day. I make a crack about guys not recognizing subtle hints (see above note), and mention that ladies need to lay the flirting on pretty thick for a typical guy to take notice. She laughs deeply, brushes her hair back and puts her arm on my shoulder. She totally wants me.

1:11 PM – The girl in question continues to ask me questions. Even though this is, without question, the most fun I’ve had all day, it’s probably best that I excuse myself. “Will I see you next week?” she asks, in reference to an upcoming meeting at our office. “If you’re lucky,” I shoot back without skipping a beat. Her eyes light up in a nearly giddy way, and I’m reminded that older women need excitement, too. That was fun.

1:16 PM – I’d call the Missus and apologize for flirting if I could get any reception in this hotel. I’d go outside, but it’s got to be 120 degrees out there right now. Besides, she couldn’t care less.

1:28 PM – There’s not even Solitaire on this computer. No Minesweeper; nothing.

1:37 PM – If the dude with the aviator glasses asks me one more question that I don’t know the answer to, I’m just going to tip over backwards in my chair and start kicking wildly into the air. It used to work for me to get out of jams; I haven’t tried it in awhile.

1:40 PM – The last time I was here, it was for a training seminar where they catered us with a punchbowl full of apples. If you’ve never heard what it sounds like when 30 people silently eat apples in unison, it’s damn near impossible to keep a straight face.

1:42 PM – I sure could go for an apple right now. When I get bored, I eat like Kobyashi at Coney Island. I’ve also ingested enough fiber and grains today to keep me regular until Halloween.

1:55 PM – Another note from an examiner; “Candidate was wearing a lab coat.” Poor bastard thought he had to show up in uniform; I wish I could have seen him.

1:57 PM – I wonder how long I could walk around my house wearing a lab coat before the Missus started with the questions. I sometimes think about stuff like that; just yesterday, I was fantasizing that when people donated their hair to Locks of Love, the sick kids were to get the exact same hairstyle as the people who donated. I then laughed myself to tears thinking about various kids in wheelchairs, sporting haircuts by the likes of Busta Rhymes, the Nelson brothers and the guy with the flattop from Kid-N-Play.

2:03 PM – Eighteen seconds. That’s how long I could wear a lab coat before the Missus would inquire.

2:05 PM – If I could have any famous person’s hairstyle grafted onto my head, it would probably be Mike Ness from Social Distortion. I think widow’s peaks are amazing.

2:21 PM – Current background conversation: “My husband got his vasectomy reversed so we could try to have a baby.” Song that I’m humming in my head to drown out such unpleasantries: “Superstar,” by the Carpenters.

2:22 PM – “He wanted to have sex, but I told him it was too soon, and he’d pop a stitch.”

2:23 PM – Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh baby. I love you. I really do.

2:26 PM – Looks like I’m going to get out of here early today; maybe as early as 3pm. In past years, this exam was like…the opposite of Christmas in terms of excitement and fondness, but in recent years, I’ve been a credible hand in streamlining it out of existence. Hell, if I’m lucky, maybe they’ll fire me.

2:31 PM – Aviator Glasses Guy just asked me another question. I didn’t have a tantrum, but I threw an imaginary throwing star into his back as he walked away. Take that, Tom Clancy!

2:38 PM – I was having an e-mail conversation with Pointless Banter’s Kevin Palmer the other day, and we were talking about what we’d do if we suddenly became billionaires. My first order of business was to install a tap in my kitchen that emitted a steady flow of Butterscotch Snack-Pak pudding. I’m unaware of the logistics behind such a project, but I’ll see to it that it reaches completion.

2:43 PM – I could go for some mini-golf right now. Maybe a Tuesday night in Wisconsin Dells is in order. We could survey the flood damage and give back to the community in the form of Shipwreck Lagoon Adventure Golf.

2:48 PM – The exam is waning now, and it’s been more or less flawless. My job has gone off without a hitch, and I’m about 30 candidates away from calling it a day. I want to get home early and surprise the cats. I sometimes think that while we’re gone, they cook meals and take cans to the recycling center for spare change. Today, I’ve got the jump on them. I’m on to you, cats.

2:55 PM – After nearly 7 straight hours of back-breaking labor, my work day is done. See you next year, Rodeway Inn; keep a supply of Slice on hand for yours truly.

Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day. The CDP's Top 30 Atari 2600 Games Of All-Time is on deck.

Comments:
Man, this liveblog had the potential to go down in history as the most boring liveblog ever - but you totally saved its shit with witty observations about the human condition and overheard conversations about vasectomies. Well done!

Also, glad the mixtape made it to you all right. Hope you dig it! Awry's cover of "Natureboy" is especially awesome (Awry being an earlier project of the chick from My Brightest Diamond, FYI).
 
EMILY - That's how I roll.

Looking forward to the Mix. I typically don't start getting into the mixes until every mix has been sent to me (from those that choose to send me one, of course). I usually give it a week before I start throwing everything onto iTunes and whatnot; it's like Christmas when I can listen to everything at once.

Well, maybe not Christmas. More like Arbor Day.

As usual, I'm planning on doing something special for those that send me mixes, like listing their tracks or reviewing them on the CDP. I won't have time for everything, but I should be able to spotlight some high points.
 
I have seriously considered wearing a lab coat to school, even though I teach English. The science teachers get lab coats. I want one, too! (Throws self on floor and kicks feet wildly into air.) Mostly, I want a lab coat so I can wear whatever I want underneath and no one gots to know about it.
 
I'd wear another lab coat under the top one.
 
I flirt with everyone at work. EVERYONE. Every last one of them. And I don't even feel bad about it. In fact, I think about how said it would make my husband the whole time and laugh.
 
And I cry deep tears of regret and depression. We make a good team.
 
Do you have any idea how old that Slice must be? How long has it been since they reverted to Sierra Mist?
 
I figure that now would be a good time to briefly recap the Smoking Popes show from Sunday, as there wasn't time earlier in the week to touch on it.

In short, it was spectacular. Not losing a step at all, the Caterer brothers (with the drummer from the Lawrence Arms on the kit) played with a beauty and intricate brilliance that should have been expected by a band that has silently influenced so many current Alternative acts.

Even their new material stood strong next to their classic stuff, as the optimism, positivity and stage persona captivated the crowd that had been waiting over a decade to see them live again. There was a time where I thought I'd never get the chance to stand a foot away from Josh while he belted out 'Megan,' but I was blissfully proved wrong.

If the Popes played a show at the High Noon every night for the nest ten days, I'd be in the front row for every one of them. I can't recall the last time a concert made me feel so...good.

For a band that opened up for Green Day in 1994 and whos style has been borrowed by countless other acts along the years, it's astounding that the Popes don't have more people who realize just how important and- more importantly, flat-out awesome they are.

Yeah. Wonderful stuff. Do yourself a favor and spend a mere $6 on iTunes tonight by snagging the following Popes tracks. You'll thank me.

Need You Around
Megan
No More Smiles
I Know You Love Me
Pretty Pathetic
Stay Down (NEW)
 
To add, every so often you get to see a concert where the audience is so genuinely excited and appreciative to be in attendance that it becomes infectious and leads to a truly memorable night. The crowd thanked the band profusely. Everyone was smiling. Absolutely nobody bothered anyone else. Just great all around.
 
I was at a hotel in Virginia on Friday, and they had a vending machine with Slice in it. I hadn't had Slice in many-a-year, so I decided to get it, but when it came out, it was Twister. I almost cried.

Lovin' the Live Blog concept. In fact, I wrote one yesterday as well. Check it out:

9:48 AM - Woke up. Found the cat. Brushed it.
10:12 AM - Found a new box of Wheat Thins in the cabinet. Ate them all.
10:30 AM - Nauseated from Wheat Thins. Watch 5 hours of DVR'd South Park.
2:58 PM - Killed a man in my driveway. Ate him because there were no more Wheat Thins. Two years of vegetarianism goes awry when I result to cannibalism.
5:01 PM - Mom comes home. I pretend like I was cleaning my room all day.
7:24 PM - Listening to my new Coldplay CD. I kind of want to kill and eat Chris Martin, but I don't think I'll be able to get a plane ticket to London at an hour like this.
9:21 PM - Watching reruns of Denise Richards: It's Complicated and contemplating severing my head from my neck with a spoon.
10:00 PM - Watching the Daily Show/Colbert Report while reading the Tribune, emphasizing my normality.
11:59 PM - Killed the neighborhood cat. Subsequently cooked him over an open flame in the forest behind my house.
12:41 AM - Hopped the fence to the nuclear power/research plant behind the forest behind my house and caused a nuclear meltdown.
1:12 AM - Fell asleep watching Just Friends.

Not as exciting as your day, but oh well.
 
Wait a minute, hold on a second, back up for a bit.....did you clean your room or not? This cliffhanger must be resolved.

Good to see your Summer vacation hasn't been wasted. Wheat Thins are splendid.
 
Cargirl-did you run the man over in your driveway? Was it the mail man?
 
More like Arbor Day.

Did you know that Arbor Day was started in Nebraska? I know you wanna know why. Because there are no trees in Nebraska. It was designed to encourage people to plant them.

Yesterday I met-up with an old high school classmate that happens to work a block from me. We figured that out on Facebook.

Later, our team leader showed up to a meeting 45 minutes late, chewed our asses for no real reason, and then left. It was very surreal.

Then Mrs. Hoss went away for a few days and I took Little Hoss to day with her aunt and uncle for until my Missus comes back. I will go and see Little Hoss every night. Ice cream may also be purchased.

That is my day. No use live-blogging it.
 
I didn't clean my room, CDP. That's today's venture. Expect me to be eaten by a raccoon or woman-eating spiders.

The man in my driveway was not the mailman. I'm still expecting a mixtape from England, so it's not his time yet. I've never seen the man in question before, but he was possibly mentally handicapped.
 
Maybe a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon? Was he wearing a suit and carrying a book that mentioned the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints.

I do not mean to say that Mormons are mentally handicapped. I just mean that they are often in people's driveways and sometimes killed.
 
HILBELINK - Mormons are mentally handicapped. I'll say it.

HOSS - I've heard that there are no trees in Nebraska. I need to visit this land of enchantment and wonder.

CARGIRL - I clean the house every day. Makes things easier. I also have the OCD, so it's not like I can't do it, though.
 
I received Hilbelink's mix today!

It's gonna be splendid.

Blendid.
 
Hooray...I hope you don't think it sucks. However, I will defend my musical choices to the death...most of them. :)
 
CDP - I have OCD, too. I clean most of my house and organize it quite often. My room, however, is beyond repair. My mom used it for storage when we first moved here, but she got rid of all the boxes within a few months. Also, it's quite small so there isn't room for a dresser. All my clothes are kept in boxes in my closet because there's no dresser, and there's no shelves either. It's just my bed and a little table for my alarm clock and a flashlight. So, i really have nowhere to put anything, and that became a problem. I convinced my mom that I need shelves, though, and I hope to get some this weekend.

HILBELINK - No, but he was wearing a yamaka and a rosary around his neck. Jews for Jesus, maybe?
 
Shelving rules, I suggest you get some and free up that space.

The thought of maximizing your room potential is making me all tingly; I love doing crap like that.
 
Did you strangle him with the rosary?
 
No. We had a martial arts battle and he accidentally slipped because it was raining, and I stepped on his head.
 
Shelving rules, I suggest you get some and free up that space.

Ah, the little things in life... I can't honestly say I've never heard someone exclaim "shelving rules" before.
 
Doesn't that statement make you feel proud to know you will spend the rest of your life with him.

Although you should probably get out of there when he decides you should sleep on shelves. That almost sounds like a Seinfeld episode.
 
Shelves, like boxes, are borderline-magic tricks to me. You can put things...where you couldn't put things before!

CARLYPANTS - You made that preacher tap out. Awesome.
 
Hmm - butterscotch pudding tap in the kitchen. Brilliant! I'm in.
 
Reese - I have your peanut butter cup.

CDP - How on Earth did you pass up Cruisin' USA?

Hibelink - Shelving Rules is the state motto of Vermont.
 
MOE - Cruisin' USA is just tired and awful to me. Sort of like your dig at Reese.

Snizzap! Sorry; couldn't resist, buddy.

REESE - I'll probably get one installed in the tub, too. You never know.
 
CDP - in the tub? think of the clean-up...

MOE - Sharing is caring.
 
I would get a private bank built in my basement, and hire tellers and stuff to walk around and make it look like they're doing things, but in reality the only people allowed to bank there would be me and my spawn.
 
CDP - Anytime I can reference Hedberg, I'm going all in. I will admit I cringed once I saw the joke for all to see, though.
 
I just want you all to know that the comments on this blog is preventing me from slamming my face into the computer screen during my grad class. Thanks for saving me the emergency room fees.
 
CARGIRL - I'd have a money bin like Scrooge McDuck, and dive in from time to time. Then I'd hire a duck named Launchpad to fly my plane.

REESE - Think of the sensation. I need to make a run to Sam's Club, stat.

MOE - All is forgiven.
 
The CDP gets hundreds of readers through work every day.
 
I am not a fan of the idea of pudding in the tub. I do not like having sticky goo in my hair.
 
Thank you! Goodnight, everybody!
 
I couldn't resist.
 
This blog has the opposite effect on me. I read it during school instead of doing work, and I'm reading it now instead of cleaning my room.
 
You can always clean your room later; the CDP needs to be enjoyed as it happens.
 
I hate to break this to you, but your room will probably get messy again anyway. Save yourself the effort and eventual disappoint.
 
ment.
 
That's the way I feel about showering. I'm just going to dirty myself up again, so why bother?
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
HILBELINK - I need to empty it out because I'm getting new furniture. A new bed (my current one is older than I am), new carpet, new paint, and hopefully some shelves.
 
Just get a dumpster...that is how I clean my room. :)
 
CARGIRL - I like the sound of this remodeling project. For the record, I'm still using a dresser that was given to me when I was born.
 
CARGIRL - after 10 years of compulsive hoarding and clutter, my apt is finally clean and clear! I am remodeling, too - new bed, new paint, new anything :)
 
It feel good and bad at the same time. I like getting all this random crap outta here, but on the bad side, I have to see boxes filled with my possessions from middle school. Ugh.
 
REESE - Awesome. Good for you!

CARGIRL - I'd kill to have some of that stuff back; be choosy as to what you toss and don't toss.
 
Nah, throw it all out. Otherwise your eventual husband will just make you put it all in bags in the basement anyway.
 
Ha! It's true!
 
And then years later he'll say you should just get rid of it because it was in the basement for so long, you obviously did not need it or care that much about it.
 
There will never be a time where there is less of my stuff in the basement than the Missus' stuff. Never. The only significant thing of the Missus' that's in the basement is her stuffed animal collection, which simply cannot fit anywhere on the main floors.


Makin' me look like a jerk.
 
Build me my stuffed animal rack!
 
My husband is trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible so he can fashion himself a video game room in the basement. Actually, purging is in some ways a good thing because I did not need 50 old rabbit trophies.
 
Actually, I think I have parted with the majority of my stuffed animals...I have a few that are displayed in my library. And I have a bunny that I sleep with. And a Beluga Whale that Scott gave me for my birthday. It has a squeaky fin. He alternates with the bunny for sleeping privileges.

Yeah...I think about their feelings.
 
I sleep with a squishy stuffed worm/caterpillar that the CDP got me at the Mall of America when we got married. That's not a euphemism...I really have a stuffed caterpillar that I sleep with.
 
It is comforting to know that I am not the only adult that sleeps with a stuffed animal.
 
HATHERY - I sleep in a tub of REAL worms, so I win.
 
I do not like to sleep with squirmy things.
 
I, too, am an "adult" who sleeps with a stuffed animal. Mine is a big ostrich puppet, and it rules. I've had it for years!

Also, a shelving story: when I moved into my current home, I discovered a wonderland of shelving. The owners of the home had covered every bare patch of wall with cheap shelves, and we had to remove several of them to fit basic furinture into some of the rooms. There were so many, it was downright creepy.

The CDP probably would have loved it.
 
My husband had fun putting new shelves in our house. There are some parts of the house where nothing is allowed on the floor. If I sat down on the floor, my husband would probably pick me up and put me on one of the shelves.
 
HILBELINK - I like that your husband is crazy.
 
I'm going to be in my Live Video Chat until around 5pm, if anyone wants to pop in and say hello.
 
I can't do anything live because my school sucks. Sad face.
 
We can't have things on the floor, the cupboards, or anywhere for that matter in our house. Just on the shelves.
 
Do you have furniture, or do you have to sit on the shelves?
 
Holy Cow!! Slice lives!! It was worth reading just for that bit of news.

Also, I'm really sorry I missed the mixtape trade. Very Very sorry. I'll ratchet the cilice another notch.
 
After reading that whole post more than once, I think that the part you play in the testing must be full of mind-numbing and soul crushing monotony...but still pales in comparison to the two working days I spent this week solely in revising revenue and expense projections for a single freaking account. Knowing full well I'll have to do it again in three months. It really is like chasing your own tail.

Just for mere hope of a can of refreshing Slice I'd gladly trade lives for a bit. Plus, your house is probably more tidy than mine so I'd get to see what "a place for everything and everything in its place" is like, and you could organize and find a place for all the stuff that I just have everywhere. Win-win!
 
The butterscotch pudding tap IS ON!
http://www.sidebarbeverage.com/
 

Post a Comment

<< Home