Thursday, September 18

The CDP 2008-2009 Fall TV Preview.



After toiling, researching, back-checking links and writing pages upon pages of material, Blogger decided to delete the saved progress of the 4th Annual CDP Fall TV Preview, mere minutes before it was to be proudly published. A fitting end to TV Week, it would appear.

This has never happened to me before in this magnitude, and I honestly don't have the time to reformat everything that went into this massive post right now. As many of you familiar with the CDP Fall TV Preview already know, this is one of my biggest posts of the year, I work my ass off on it, and quite frankly, it's usually pretty awesome. You should have heard the profanities. In fact, I'm sort of surprised that you didn't.

However, Blogger was kind enough to leave me with the base outline I started with when I sat down to flesh this entire thing out, so that's what I'll share with you right now; a stripped-down list of the programs I intend to watch this season, sticking mainly to national, primetime shows in the Central Time Zone. Not really as exciting without all the photos, jokes and gloss, but hey, whaddya gunna do?

Let's go.

MONDAY
7:00-8:00 – Chuck (NBC)
7:30-10:30 – Monday Night Football (ESPN)
8:00-9:00 – Heroes (NBC)
8:00-9:00 – Dirty Jobs (DISC)
8:00-10:00 – Monday Night Raw! (USA)

MIDSEASON
7:00-8:00 – Dollhouse (FOX)
8:00-9:00 – 24 (FOX)

BEST BET? - Heroes (NBC)
WORST BET? - My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Dollhouse (FOX)

TUESDAY
7:00-8:00 – Opportunity Knocks (ABC)
7:00-8:00 – House, M.D. (FOX)
8:00-9:00 – Fringe (FOX)

MIDSEASON
7:00-8:00 – American Idol (FOX)
8:30-9:00 – The Goode Family (ABC)

BEST BET? - House, M.D. (FOX)
WORST BET? - 90210 (CW)
TAKE A CHANCE ON... - The Goode Family (ABC)

WEDNESDAY
7:00-8:00 – Pushing Daisies (ABC)
7:00-8:00 – Knight Rider (NBC)
8:00-9:00 – Mythbusters (DISC)
8:00-9:00 – Ghost Hunters (SCIFI)
9:00-10:00 – Destination Truth (SCIFI)

MIDSEASON
8:00-9:00 - Friday Night Lights (DIRECTV)

BEST BET? - Mythbusters (DISC)
WORST BET? - Lipstick Jungle (NBC)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Destination Truth (SCIFI)

THURSDAY
7:00-7:30 – My Name Is Earl (NBC)
7:30-8:00 – Kath & Kim (NBC)
8:00-9:00 – The Office (NBC)
8:30-9:00 - 30 Rock (NBC)
8:00-9:00 – Supernatural (CW)
9:00-10:00 – Eleventh Hour (CBS)

MIDSEASON
8:30-9:00 – The Office Spin-Off (NBC)
9:00-10:00 – Lost (ABC)

BEST BET? - 30 Rock (NBC)
WORST BET? - The Moment Of Truth (FOX)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Eleventh Hour (CBS)

FRIDAY
7:00-7:30 – Everybody Hates Chris (CW)
7:00-9:00 – Friday Night Smackdown! (MYTV)
8:00-9:00 – Supernanny (ABC)
9:00-10:00 – 20/20 (ABC)

MIDSEASON
8:00-8:30 – Outnumbered (FOX)

BEST BET? - Nothing (NOWHERE)
WORST BET? - Don’t Forget The Lyrics! (FOX)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Outnumbered (FOX)

SATURDAY
7:00-8:00 – Dateline NBC (NBC)
7:00-7:30 – COPS (FOX)
7:30-8:00 – COPS (FOX)
10:30-12:00 – Saturday Night Live (NBC)

BEST BET? - COPS (FOX)
WORST BET? - ‘Crimetime Saturday’ (CBS)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Dateline NBC (NBC)

SUNDAY
6:00-7:00 – America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC)
7:00-10:00 – Sunday Night Football (NBC)
7:00-7:30 – The Simpsons (FOX)
7:00-8:00 – Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
7:30-8:00 – King Of The Hill (FOX)

MIDSEASON
7:30-8:00 – Sit Down, Shut Up (FOX)

BEST BET? - The Simpsons (FOX)
WORST BET? - Family Guy (FOX)
TAKE A CHANCE ON… - Sit Down, Shut Up (FOX)

10 NOTABLE SHOWS NOT RETURNING
Beauty And The Geek (CW)
Cane (CBS)
Carpoolers (ABC)
Cavemen (ABC)
Jericho (CBS)
Kid Nation (CBS)
Las Vegas (NBC)
Oprah’s Big Give (ABC)
Quarterlife (NBC)
Shark (CBS)

Simply gripping literature, right there.

So, in a rather anticlimactic fashion, TV WEEK draws to a close. Sorry about that. Sound off in the comments section, share your television viewing habits with the masses and enjoy your weekend. I will be in downtown Madison on Friday and Saturday for the Forward Music Fest; hopefully I'll see you there. Bring bail money.

Next Week On The CDP:
IV.

Comments:
Also, notice how this post is dated Thursday the 18th? Yeah, something is seriously wrong with Blogger at this point in time, and it cost you all a really neat post.

I don't know what to say. I'm really, very sorry about that.
 
Well, actually I do know what to say: I have something huge planned for next week, and I strongly urge everyone to check out the CDP on Monday for the skinny.

Bigger than TV Week by damn sure.
 
OH SHI-
 
Yeah, you know it.
 
Cryptic post is cryptic.



Intrigued blogger is intrigued.
 
Kid Nation isnt' coming back??? This leaves me sad. Very very sad.
 
I'm looking forward to Dollhouse. I never managed to get in on the ground floor for any of the Whedon shows before.

And the Forward Music Fest is gonna be a helluva good time. Unfortunately a friend of mine thoughtlessly scheduled his wedding for tomorrow, but I'm hoping to catch D4 before I jet for the reception.
 
MAUS - Yup, you'd think that I would take a little break after the insane awesomeness that was TV Week, but no!

HATHERY - Canceled. 'Deal with it!' :)

WALLROCK - I'll be at that D4 show at the Stage Door for the bulk of Saturday afternoon (hopefully). If you see me, say hello and I'll buy you a beer.
 
YEah, Blogger was being especially difficult last night. I'm working on a group blog with a drunken friend and it kept undoing my changes, so I finally gave up.

Sucks worse for you, though. Sorry.

I'm underwhelmed by primetime TV this season. I'll be watching Chuck, NBC's Thursday night line-up and football.

On the plus side, I get to see Perry Farrell tonight!
 
Here's my Forward Music Fest schedule, if anyone's interested in catching up with me.

Tonight, I'll be at the Majestic Theatre from about 5-8pm to check out The Box Social and the almighty Bob Mould. From there, I'll be at the High Noon Saloon from about 9 to midnight for the Bloodshot Records Showcase. Then, insomnia permitting, I'll be at Cafe Montmartre from 12-2am watching Headlights and Decibully.

I'll be spending most of Saturday in the State Street area, taking in the punk shows at the Orpheum Stage Door from 1pm until about 6 or 7 (both Scared of Chaka and Dillinger 4 are on the bill). Then it's off to The Frequency until 9pm to see The Dials and Apparently Nothing (I produced Apparently Nothing's first album!).

Finally, it's a sweat-drenched dance party at the Majestic Theatre from 11 to 2 as OCD Automatic and the almighty Flosstradamus tear the house down.

Either my liver or wallet will fail me, I just don't know which will go first.
 
CDP - First off, sucks about the post getting eaten. Once in a while, Blogger pulls some massively lame shit like that, and it is frustrating to no end. I try to avoid this by hashing out posts in Word on my computer first, then transferring them over, just to be sure.

Second off, did you plan your FMF schedule specifically to avoid bumping into me? I mean, I know I'm dangerously sexy and all, but this is just silly.

Actually, I'm somewhat beholden to hit the shows I'm hitting because I'm "press" and we had to divvy things up all equal-like. So I'll be at the Majestic tomorrow night after 9pm for Screamin' Cyn Cyn and Leslie & the Lys. Saturday, I'm hitting the Momo for the A Catapult Western Show, then over to the Frequency for the hip-hop showcase. Should all be good, but I'm bummed to miss some of the other good stuff, like D4, for instance.

Finally, I have no TV, and will likely not see much of the fall shows (except Heroes, which I'm pretty sure is usually available online), which I'm fine with. Curious about Dollhouse, though.
 
IV!!!!????


I'm going to go out on a limb and say mix-tape trade, as we've already had three...

Maths, people.
 
On the plus side, I get to see Perry Farrell tonight!

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that as a "plus side" before. Ha! But I jest...
 
EMILY - I'll probably be more Word-intensive with my essays from now on. Blogger has recently made some changes that absolutely baffle me in a logical sense.

Oh, and I'm totally afraid of your sexiness, and specifically planned my schedule to avoid you and your allure. It's really for the best.

Why is everyone pooping themselves over Leslie? Just curious.

CARROT DUFF - "MATHS stands for: Mathematical Anti-Telharsic Harfatum Septomin."

(YouTube - 'Look Around You, Maths')
 
CDP - Either my liver or wallet will fail me, I just don't know which will go first.


I've got a ten spot on the wallet.

CARROT DUFF - You're a genius, my friend!
 
CDP - What the Holy Moses was that!?
 
I have no clue who this Leslie is that you speak of.
 
Why is everyone pooping themselves over Leslie? Just curious.

I'm not personally pooping myself over her, but she is a lot of fun. She's also really nice in person, and totally unassuming.

For the full Leslie & the Lys education:

The Official Website. (click on "Videos" and go nuts)

Specifically, "How We Go Out" and "Gem Sweaters".

Iowa, reprazent!
 
I'm still bummed about Jericho. :-(

The Forward Music Fest should be great. I'm seeing Giant Sand and Neko Case and seeing which way the wind blows after that.
 
So is that Leslie actually a woman or no? I'm confused.
 
Leslie is all woman.
 
With all the makeup I couldn't tell :) Looks like she's an interesting character. She'd probably find plenty of those gem sweaters in the Goodwill's of WI.
 
MICHAEL - I was just downtown and caught Neko Case's tour bus pulling up for soundcheck. The buzz is electric, Jerry! Electric!

EMILY/HATHERY - It's probably just me, but I don't find that kind of stuff to be funny at all. It's just...I dunno. Overbearing for the sake of being overbearing.
 
I have survived Day One of the Forward Music Fest. So did the Missus, whom I am so proud of for staying up until 3am in beautiful Downtown Madison.

In other, much more terrible news, did anyone else see this?

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61713696

JT, wasn't this from the Perry Ferrell show you went to?
 
Day Two of the Forward Music Festival is winding down, but not before a massive dance party with Flosstradamus at the Majestic Theatre. I've stopped back home from an entire day of taking in shows to tuck the Missus in and change my clothes.

I'm surviving, but barely. I'm was eating Taco Bell on my living room floor last night at 3am, and when I laid back on the carpet I heard about 16 different things pop in my neck and back. Oh, and the Tinnitus in my ears has reached critical mass, but we're not finished yet. And I'm drunk and rambling.
 
Hooray for drunken rambles!

Well, we've managed to avoid each other once again, Ryan, but I'm pretty sure I caught a whiff of your distinctive musk while I was out and about.

I'm absolutely exhausted, but I had a blast. Got some great photos, too, if I do say so myself. Moment to brag: first night's set is up here, and they're a lot of fun. Monotonix, by the way, are well worth the price of admission should you ever get to see them. Hoooly crap.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home