Wednesday, January 14

If You Live On An Island, How Can I Walk You Home?



I don't know who's running the show over at Adult Swim, but it's safe to say that they're a bunch of freaking geniuses.

For the first time on an American television network (not counting BBC America, which, you know, barely counts), the brilliant 2002 series Look Around You will be broadcasted starting on January 18.

I am a huge fan of Look Around You, and as you may recall from a year or two ago, devoted an entire week on the CDP to display some of the more spectacular episodes. It's truly one of the greatest pieces of comedic satire ever created for television, and I strongly urge you, at the very least, to check out Episode 1 at the top of this post and decide for yourself. They're only about 10 minutes apiece, and they're almost all available on YouTube for those who don't have cable. It should instantly resonate with anyone who went to a public school at any time over the last 35 years, and if that isn't cool enough, it was created by a couple of the same guys that did Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Check it out, schedule your DVR's, sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day. There's a huge CDP announcement arriving Friday, so please stick around for that.

Comments:
April the 4th of September is my birthday!!!
 
I think I counted 73 fantastic lines. Of course, I may not have factored in Pi near the western end of the equator.
 
It's one fantastic joke after another, placed within the backdrop of the most authentic-looking satirical world ever.

There's jokes here for everyone; literary jokes, outright lunacy and silliness, puns, jokes about the nostalgia of the educational films themselves, all completely straight-faced and flawless.

I love this show, and if it can reach a bigger audience through Adult Swim and perhaps cause a proper re-release of the Series 1 and 2 DVD, then all the better.
 
I was told there would be no maths.

I answered my phone RIGHT as the cat fight started. Good thing the person calling me happens to be completely oblivious to the world around her...
 
That represents approximately 90% of the people that call my home, as well.

Stop fighting now.
Stop writing now.
 
If only I had known that these instructional videos ended with cat fights, I might have paid more attention to them in school!
 
You can't see it, but when I read that, I literally inhaled and had a mini-orgasm of delight.

That show (the first season anyways) was perfect in every way. More perfect than Lost. More perfect than MST3K. It goes out to do something special and weird and it nails it. Like a good version of Tim and Eric.

Good to know that a wider audience gets to see it.
 
Amen, Animan. I completely agree with you. They just absolutely nail it in every way.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home