Friday, February 27

Lost Friday - "The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham."


Season 5 - Episode 7: "The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham."

Once again, Lost Friday is upon us. We have much to discuss...quickly.

I'll be cutting you loose a little early today, for two main reasons. One, I'm currently packing my bags for a mini-vacation to Minnesota. I'll be back on Tuesday, and I hope to spend a relaxing four days sleeping, shopping, drinking, writing and all the other things that I normally do at my house for free.

Secondly, this episode was amazing! Since Day One, I've always adored Locke-centric episodes, due to the fact that not only is Terry O'Quinn a tremendous actor, but the character of John Locke is honestly the most tragic in television history. His awful life plays out like a Shakespeare play; just his story alone would have made for a fantastic TV show. It's no wonder that he wants to stay on the Island so bad; look what happens whenever he's on the mainland.

Let's go.


(Hey, you know what this show could really use? This guy! This guy is exactly what this show needs right now. A guy that looks, talks and acts just like this guy. Man, I love this guy. From the first moment, where I saw him acknowledge Jack in the airport for approximately three seconds, I said to myself, I said, "Self, it sure would be nice if we could see more of this guy, because I think he's just the tops." That's what I said to myself about this guy.)


(Why You Should Smoke After Every Meal - Page 60)
(Why Women Shouldn't Have Jobs - Page 48)
(Why Colored People Smell Funny - Page 88)
(Why Children Should Be Beaten After Every Meal - Page 61)


("With his HoverRound, John Locke is free to see the world!")


(Stephen Hawking's grocery list.)


("Hour 36 of listening to 'We Built This City' on a constant loop - Subject is delirious; practically begging for death.")


(Becoming a fake Canadian is the best thing that's ever happened to Locke off of the Island. Personally, I like how Americans constantly piss on and mock Canada...until we get a President in office that we don't like. That's when Canada suddenly becomes this heavenly refuge of peace and fairness that we threaten to move to every other week.)


(The long-awaited sequel to 'Driving Miss Daisy,' 'Driving Mr. Locke.')


("Sorry, John. The only man I answer to now is Jimmy Carter.")


(Could it be? Could it really be? Is it? It IS! It's...it's...)


("WWWWWWAAAAALLLLLLLT!!!!!")


(Abbad0WN3D!)


("Well, let's see how my progress has been going so far. Sayid said no, Kate thinks I'm insane, Hurley thinks I'm a ghost, my driver got murdered and I was just in a serious car accident. So far, so good.")


("JACK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND BEN LEFT AND SPUN THIS WHEEL AND SENT THE ISLAND THROUGH TIME AND EVERYONES IN TROUBLE AND EVERYONES GOT BLOODY NOSES AND I HAVE TO SAVE EVERYBODY BY BRINGING EVERYONE BACK SO I BROKE MY LEG AND SPUN THE WHEEL AND THEN WIDMORE GAVE ME A PASSPORT AND THE GUY FROM FRINGE TO DRIVE ME AROUND BUT THEN HE GOT SHOT TEN TIMES AND YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!")


("Don't you ever...EVER...say that to me again. Reese Witherspoon is a wonderful actress and a national treasure; end of story.")


("I can't live in a world without BSG, so I won't even try.")

So ends another week of Lost Friday. Sound off in the comments section, tell your friends and enjoy your weekend. In case you missed them, here are links to every Lost Friday so far this season.

Have a good one, and....be here Monday.

Season 5 - Episode 1/2 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 4 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 5 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 6 Review.

Comments:
That Cesar guy looks like Chris Kattan-and not in a good way.
 
Canadian Locke has the same birthday as me! (except I wasn't born in 1948...)
I wanted Walt to be chewing on some chicken nuggets or something ... product placement!
 
Stephen Hawkings grocery list...ha! Ha. Ha. Heeee...

I was disappointed in the random Waaaaalt scene. I guess that's it for him, huh? He served his purpose: "There were people on the beach - they wanted to hurt you". So, we now know that some of those Ajira survivors are not. good. people. And Waaaalt is never seen nor heard from again. The end.

The epic battle of good versus evil is getting very muddy. We know that Ben is bad - very, very bad. But is his uber-badness deeply rooted in some valiant effort to preserve the island for the good of mankind of something? Is Whidmore really the bad guy in all this, or are his actions just as equally misunderstood and all will become clear soon enough?
 
TARICABOT - I thought he looked like a busted Enrique Eglesias clone, myself.

CAITLIN - I'm almost surprised they didn't do that as an in-joke. Brother needs tuition money.

MAUS - I think we'll see more of Waaalllt in the future, as we still need to know why he's 'special' and whatnot. At least I'm hoping so.

On a different note; only three comments today? Goddamn; good to know I'm not missing anything here in Annandale.
 
Day One at the B&B: So far, no ghostly activity. Sleep was troubled, as crews were shoveling ad plowing snow all night outside of window. Currently waiting for 9am breakfast, which is always incredible here. Still coughing and aching; hopefully I'll feel a little closer to 100% during our annual destruction of the Mall Of America.
 
Day Two at the B&B. Still no ghostly activity. Sleep was better this time around, but I was freezing from the Missus throwing all of the blankets off of the bed. She's quite sick right now with a fever and whatnot; we might actually duck out early and not stay the night. I'm feeling better after the Mall of America, which took all of my money and filled my truck with unnecessary goods and Lindt truffles. Currently waiting for Sunday breakfast, where we will decide if we're hanging around for Night 3 or not.

Be back here tomorrow either way. Big news coming.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home