Wednesday, February 25

Mayors Of Brantford, Ontario.



We here at CDP World Headquarters try our best to keep our fingers on the pulse of young America: The current trends, Internet Phenomenons, lulz0rz or what have you. The following meme was e-mailed to me by CDP Network alumni and all-around good guy, Mike, and I got such a kick out of it that I had to share it with you.

But before we get to it, please check out that title photo again, because I worked on the damn thing for at least an hour. As you can surmise, my Photoshop skills lie in between that of an autistic baby, and your average, garden-variety hobo.

"Create Your Fantasy Band Name & Album Cover."

1 - Go to Wikipedia and hit "Random:"
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Quotations Page and hit "Random Quotations:"
The last four or five words of the last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and hit "Explore The Last Seven Days:"
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - If you have the time, spend five minutes in Photoshop and mash it all together.

It's quick, easy and fun. I especially appreciated my random selections, as they actually created an album that I wish existed:



Seriously, I have like, a dozen albums that are dead ringers for this thing. It's got Jade Tree written all over it.

So check it out, have a little fun and enjoy your day. Lost Friday returns with a vengeance next.

Comments:
Here is mine. I can see my album now. BREE! BREE! BREEEEE! OI! OI! OI! OI! RRRRUUUUUHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG! RAAAAAHHHHHHGH!
 
Damn, I think that yours is even better than mine. I'd totally buy it.
 
That's so emo it's not funny. I can hear the quiet/loud/quiet/loud from here.
 
"Large Format Projection" - For Nature Cannot Be Fooled. I can't photoshop for nothin' but that has to be loud fast grindcore death metal, right?
 
Awesome! You linked me as well! I haven't posted anything over there in a month, so I'm working on something.

Here's mine:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=347145&l=630c1&id=1089347127
 
Greatest. Thing. Ever.
 
SMED - Totally. Maybe something like Refused?

MIKE - I'm usually not a meme guy, but this is easy and fun, and best of all, it actually worked.

MOE - Of course, the next step would be to actually record a song that matched all three of these elements.

I just noticed that the 'CDP Headquarters' pic looks crappy and distorted in IE. Damn.
 
Um, okay...that didn't work. Let's try again
 
Clearly, Hathery, yours is a black folk metal band.
 
I am intrigued to hear what sort of music we play! Black folk metal sounds like a very interesting blend.
 
Can't sleep...crone will eat me...!!

I did this a few days ago when someone I know posted it on Facebook, but my results were so utterly lame that I didn't post it in order to avoid the mass shaming.
 
I think that Mayors Of Brantford, Ontario was the original name for Arcade Fire, if I'm not mistaken.

That witch scared the crap outta me when I opened it at work.
 
Here's Mine. I see it as some kind of basement four-track 7" by a small-town hardcore band.
 
CDPantheon of Photoshoppers
cc: CDPeons

I can't ignore the Photoshop craze any longer. In your best Oscar-to-Michael impression, explain to me how much it is and which version of the program/software should a novice such as myself purchase.

Many thanks!
 
I think CS3 is the newest iteration of Adobe software, including Photoshop. It's good stuff, but a bit of an investment. You could always check out GIMP, though, which is pretty decent and free.
 
WALLROCK - Awesome. Equal Vision records would jump at that band in half a second.

MOE - Photoshop Elements is a more stripped-down, consumer version that should run you no more than $50-$60. I can virtually guarantee that you'll never need more than what it's capable of doing.

You can presumably get it anywhere that computers and software are sold.
 
We just use PhotoShop Elements. Keeps all the useful stuff, gets rid of all the stuff necessary for printing professionals. It's like 80 bucks or something. We just downloaded it off the Adobe website.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home