Monday, March 9

The CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 5 Drawing.



It's go time, kids!

After extensive laboring, uploading e-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 18 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 5. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a mix-tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.

The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a co-worker picked a number, and I eliminated the names, 'MASH'-style. I don't think kids still play 'MASH,' but that's neither here nor there:

1. THE CDP will be creating a Mix for FIONA.
2. HATHERY will be creating a Mix for DOUG.
3. CARGIRL will be creating a Mix for WIGGLYCITO.
4. SMEDLEY will be creating a Mix for CARGIRL.
5. CARROT DUFF will be creating a Mix for EMILY.
6. WIGGLYCITO will be creating a Mix for REGAN.
7. BENJAMIN will be creating a Mix for HEATHER.
8. SHERRY will be creating a Mix for CARROT DUFF.
9. EMILY will be creating a Mix for JT.
10. MIKE HOSS will be creating a Mix for HATHERY.
11. REGAN will be creating a Mix for BENJAMIN.
12. FIONA will be creating a Mix for SMEDLEY.
13. CAITLIN will be creating a Mix for THE CDP.
14. JT will be creating a Mix for CAITLIN.
15. DOUG will be creating a Mix for SHERRY.
16. HEATHER will be creating a Mix for MIKE HOSS.
17. TAMI will be creating a Mix for BRIAN.
18. BRIAN will be creating a Mix for TAMI.

Wonderful. Here's what we all do next:

1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone over the next several hours (give me at least until around the end of the work day to finish), reminding them who's creating a Mix-Tape for whom, and what that person's e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:

"Benjamin, the CDP is making a Mix-Tape for you. His e-mail address is communistdance@yahoo.com. Please contact him and give him your mailing address."

2. It will then be up to the future recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address. For example:

"Hey CDP, it's Benjamin. I'm looking forward to your mix-tape; my address is blah-bloo-blee."

3. One you get the mailing address of the person you're sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! Be creative; I've seen amazing artwork, brilliant track selections and overall awesome efforts by everyone every time, so I'm expecting nothing less this time around, as well. Remember that the theme of the Trade is 'Top 10 Of Anything,' so create your best Top 10 (or 20, or 100) and get to work!

Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, MARCH 23. Now that you know who you're making a mix for, you should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two full weeks. If someone gets left out, I'll feel personally responsible, so please don't make an ass out of me, or I'll publicly ostracize you here on the CDP. I've seen too many people create amazing pieces of art and get nothing in return, so...don't do that, please.

4. If you're having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact immediately me and I'll sort it out. I'm pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it's taking a ludicrous amount of time.

Of course, once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone's packages. Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved.

5. I always mention this (and I'll mention it again in your e-mail), but if you're looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as uniting and awesome as the Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your mix. My mailing address is as follows:

theCDP
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
53590

Any mixes that make it to Headquarters by the end of March will be personally spotlighted and reviewed by me on the CDP in April. Also in April, I'll be drawing a random name from the list of Mix-Tape Trade participants to win a FREE CDP MIX-TAPE SHIRT!

You should be receiving your instructional e-mails by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner before Monday, March 23rd!

Comments:
Since Hathery sent me her fabulous mix two turns ago, it's only fair that she be subjected to mine this time around. I may be able to save on shipping, since I can throw hers and CDP's in the same envelope.
 
Yay! I just need to find 2 songs and mine will be complete. I plan on sending one to CDP HQ as well.
 
HOSS - Right on, man. Thank you very much!

MIKE - Thank you; looking forward to it!

E-mails will be sent out at Noon Central Time, by the way.
 
I am so bummed that I have not been around enough to know about the exchange. Sad face.
 
Oh Gawd, I'm getting Emily?

I'm going to have to up my game a bit. You better like rock instrumentals.
 
HILBELINK - You'll get 'em next time, slugger. Let this be a lesson, however: never leave the CDP for more than a week. You will miss something.

DUFF - I actually think she might.
 
Duffman - Dude, no worries. I have wide and varied musical tastes, so unless you send me adult contemporary / smooth jazz, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it. :)

Super psyched about this! I have my theme picked and am ready to rock JT's world!
 
My songs are collected album art is finished and I just need the blank CD's to burn them. So do I email the person that I'm making it for or do I email the person I'm getting one from?
 
The email said the recipient should email the person making the tape for them, and the maker should wait to hear from their recipient.
 
MIKE - You send your mailing address to the person SENDING you a Mix. This came on the heels of the last few trades, where it was the other way around, and some folks thought it was counterproductive.
 
You Ryan... I just read that Drag the River comment down at the bottom of your page, and that really hurt. :(....
 
I meant to start that with "Hey Ryan." I guess I'm just really hurt, or maybe it's because I'm really sick.
 
'Drag The River' is a brutal-sounding band name. It either conjures up images of an At The Drive-In or Snapcase-esque hardcore band, or some wicked metal band that would open for Slayer. Instead, we get alt-drunk-country.

I think that every band name in the world should be subject to a draft at the end of every year, like the NFL.

"Okay, since the Jonas Brothers were the worst band of 2008, they get the first selection in the 2009 Band Name Draft."

"We choose Coldplay, please."

"For 2009, the Jonas Brothers will be known as Coldplay. Coldplay will officially be known as the Jonas Brothers unless another band chooses to have it as their own."
 
I will be making a mix for the CDP ... the pressure is ON!
 

Post a Comment

<< Home