Monday, March 2

The CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 5.



It's back!

After four previous Trades and nearly 100 different Mix-Tapes created by nearly 100 different people, the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade is making it's triumphant return just in time for Spring.

For those of you who are new to the Trade, or for the alumni in need of a reminder, the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade is a chance for CDP readers from all over the globe to not only create a Mix-Tape for each other, but to receive one as well. It breaks down like this:

1. If you want to be involved with the Trade, you can sign up by leaving me a comment or sending me an e-mail at communistdance@yahoo.com. Be sure to leave me a name and an e-mail address!

2. The deadline to sign up is this Sunday, March 8 at 10pm Central Time, so don't procrastinate, or you'll miss out!

3. On Monday, March 9, I will draw and post a random partnering of everyone that signed up for the Trade, so you can not only see who you will be creating a Mix-Tape for, but also can see who will be creating one for you.

4. This is the fun part. You will then get to work on creating a Mix-Tape (or CD) that follows the set theme of this particular Trade (see below for theme). In tune, someone will start making one for you. I function as the middleman concerning all communications, such as sorting out mailing addresses and the like.

5. When you're done creating your (no doubt, fantastic) Mix, you'll mail it off to the person that was drawn for you, and in tune, you'll shortly receive a Mix in the mail as well (mailing deadlines will be announced next week).

6. As always, any Mix-Tapes that are sent my way will be acknowledged and reviewed right here on the CDP. Oh, and just for a little additional incentive to get on board, one random winner will be selected from the participants to win a FREE CDP MIX-TAPE SHIRT!

Simple as that. Make a Mix, mail it out, and you'll get one back. This is one of the more fun and reader-collaborated things that we do here on the CDP, and it's always a blast.

Now, in the past, we've done themes like Love Mixes, Cover Mixes, mixes where the theme is based on a catchphrase, and so on. For the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 5, the theme is...

'The Top 10 Of Anything.'

Here's how it works. The theme of your Mix is a Top 10 Songs list. What that Top 10 might be is completely up to you. It could be your Top 10 favorite songs, your Top 10 favorite Beatles songs, your Top 10 least favorite songs; anything you want, provided that it's layed-out in countdown form. Hell, you can even to a Top 20 or 30 if you want. Just do your best Casey Kasem (or Rick Dees) impersonation and get to work!

Let's make this CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade the biggest one ever. Sign up via comments or e-mail, remember to leave a name and e-mail address, and make sure that you do it by Sunday, March 8 at 10pm Central Time!

Thanks much. Sound off in the comments section, start brainstorming what your Top 10 Mix will be, and enjoy your day.

Comments:
It is so sad how excited I am. I am getting to work right away.
 
I am in. I got stiffed the last two times, so there better be some reparations. Or something! Anyway, if I did a top 1000, that would be Overkill, right?
 
I'll think I'll give it a shot this time, so sign me up. It would have to be a CD for me since I no longer own any sort of cassette player.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This is the mix-tape trade I have been waiting for! I skipped the last one due to lack of self-moativation and general worries that I'd let my buddy down. But now I swear with God himself as my witness, that the tape I am going to make is going to be the best mix-tape that any British teenager has ever made. I'm going to stand by that statement.

I'm in/
 
Cargirl, Smedley, Carrot Duff, Mike...you're in!

Mike, for whatever reason, I don't have your e-mail address on file, so if you could just shoot one my way, I'd really appreciate it. For everyone else so far, I'm using the addresses you've used before. Let me know if there have been any changes. Thanks much.
 
SMED - If it's going to be a Top 1000, the #1 song will have to be so amazing (or terrible), that whomever hears it instantly dies of a brain hemorrhage.

I can't wait to hear that!
 
Yessss...I am in like Flynn! I don't know who Flynn is, of course, be dude's all about being in so there you go.
 
I sent you an email so you should have my email address now. I have a question: Does it have to be Top 10 in order or can it be in any order? I'm making ideas but I like my opening and closing songs where they are right now.
 
Of course, I'm in. I already have an original Ten X (where X=10, 20, or how many songs I think I should put in).
 
Emily, Mike Hoss...you're in! Thanks much!

MIKE - The original idea of the theme was a 'countdown-style' mix, but if you feel as if your mix will suffer that way, I can see where you'd just want to create a Top 10 that was in no particular order. As long as you explain this in the liner notes to your recipient, I'm sure it's going to rule either way. Above all, be creative and have fun.

Just a reminder that anyone who signs up for the Mix-Tape Trade is also signed up to win a free CDP Mix-Tape shirt.
 
My brain hurts!

Oh, and if this is a Countdown list, can I also have a special comment song where I can be overly smug, condescending and offended about something?
 
SMED - Hey, you wouldn't be doing your job as a music critic if you didn't.
 
But now I swear with God himself as my witness, that the tape I am going to make is going to be the best mix-tape that any British teenager has ever made. I'm going to stand by that statement.

This is the most adorable thing I've ever heard :)
 
I can't promise I won't actually narrate my mix tape like a radio DJ. It might happen.
 
Casey's 'Request & Dedication' was always great. "Dear Casey, my dog was brutally run over by a cement mixer last week. So could you please play 'I'll Make Love To You' by Boyz II Men?"

"Don't come out of an upbeat number with a letter about a dead f***ing dog!" (Remember Casey's rant about this?)
 
Man Casey's dedications were the worst. I can't stand sap. It makes me barf.
 
I want to do it!!!!!!
I've never done it before because I was afraid of my music taste being ripped to shreds. But, I don't care anymore, I want in.
 
CAITLIN - You're in; way to finally go for it!

By the way, I'm using the e-mail address that's in your Blogger profile. If you want me to use a different one, just let me know.
 
yeah, that one is fine.
I'm excited!
 
I was all set to politely decline this one due to a lack of free time when I saw the theme. Damn you, CDP, I'm in.
 
JT - You're in; fantastic! I figured this was going to be a tempting theme. I always think of the theme before I think about what I'll personally do with it, so I'm still wracking my brain to come up with an entertaining countdown.
 
We got new wide-scree monitors at work and I must say...the all-new CDP looks fantastic on this monitor!
 
Yeah, for those of you who haven't upgraded yet, the CDP is broadcasting in High-Definition now. It cost millions to upgrade Headquarters, but you can see where every penny went.
 
I was thinking of a way that we could all listen to everyone elses mixes. I mean, I would still send one to the victim, er, repentant of my mix and TheCDP, of course, but how to get everyone to listen to mine if they want?

I found this site:
http://www.artofthemix.org/index.asp

Any experience with this site? Does anyone know of any other site?
 

Post a Comment

<< Home