Thursday, March 19

No More Entertainment #5 - The Best Worst Films.



My Top 20 Movies From The IMDB Bottom 100:

20. Fire Maidens from Outer Space (1956)
19. I Accuse My Parents (1944)
18. Monster A Go-Go (1965)
17. Hobgoblins (1988)
16. The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964)
15. Blood Waters Of Dr. Z (1975)
14. Final Justice (1985)
13. Eegah (1962)
12. The Mummy vs. The Aztec Robot (1958)
11. Agent for H.A.R.M. (1966)
10. Track of the Moon Beast (1976)
9. Soultaker (1990)
8. Zombie Nightmare (1986)
7. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1959)
6. Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
5. The Puma Man (1980)
4. The Touch of Satan (1971)
3. The Legend of Boggy Creek, Part II (1985)
2. Girl in Gold Boots (1968)
1. The Final Sacrifice (1990)

Thanks to Mystery Science Theater 3000, I've seen all of these movies. And yes, I still haven't seen Casablanca or Citizen Kane. Figure that out.

Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day. Lost Friday is back for the attack in less than 24 hours.

Comments:
If you want my opinion...

Actually, I guess I will give my opinion whether anyone wants it or not, so here it is:

Citizen Kane is interesting as a pseudo-biographical character study, and may be worth seeing just for the beauty of the fim itself and the intensity that Orson Welles throws into the role. I find Casablanca to be boring, and I'm not sure you're really missing much of anything. For a classic story of missed opportunities I'd recommend The Heiress with Olivia de Havilland and Montgomery Clift, instead.
 
ROWSDOWER!

This is where the fish lives.

Joe Estevez!

Oh, I could go on....
 
The master has many wives. Why can't I have just one?
 
MAUS - Thanks for the heads-up; seriously. I'll continue to take my time concerning these masterpeices of cinema.

SMED - 'This is where the fish lives' will never not make me laugh.

EMILY - Poor Torgo and his dumbass knees.
 
So, I spent $4.99 on an iPhone app that will allow me to watch all of the NCAA games on my phone, and failed to check if it would work within the confines of my office cubicle.

Nope. I get the audio, which is about as rewarding as winning a dollar in the lottery.
 
If Duke wins, will you have an aneurysm?
 
Duke's last NCAA victory was 2001; I ain't nervous.
 
I *told* you to check for a wi-fi signal before you bought the app. No one ever listens to old Wifey over here!

And BTW, I still hold fast to my belief that Manos is indeed an entertaining film.
 
Manos is only entertaining with the MST3K commentary. Believe you me, I've tried watching it without. The only thing that saved my sanity was the running, remembered MST3K commentary track running in my head.
 
Manos is actually the only one of those films I have ever heard of, and that is only because of MST3k. Thanks CDP.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home