Friday, April 10

Lost Friday - "Dead Is Dead."


Season 5 - Episode 12: "Dead Is Dead."

Another Lost Friday is upon us. We have nothing to discuss, let's get to it.


(I was surprised by the revelation that this was Charles Widmore, mainly because you could have cast my siamese cat Tinker and she would have looked more like him than this asshole.)


(Richard Alpert and a young Ben Linus re-create the famous Titanic scene, with extremely uncomfortable results for the viewing audience.)


("This show officially makes no sense to me anymore, and I was supposed to be the insane one.")


(Ceasar played a minor part in no less than three episodes before getting his insides blasted out by Ben, which has to be some kind of new survival record.)


(Throw on a stubby mustache with that haircut, and he's 100% Hitler.)


(Action Linus! Slab Bulkhead! Fridge Largemeat! Punt Speedchunk! Butch Deadlift! Bold Bigflank! Splint Chesthair! Flint Ironstag! Bolt VanderHuge! Thick McRunFast! Blast Hardcheese! Buff Drinklots! Trunk Slamchest! Fist Rockbone! Stump Beefknob! Smash Lampjaw! Punch Rockgroin! Buck Plankchest! Stump Chunkman! Rip Steakface! Slate Slabrock! Crud Bonemeal! Rip Slagcheek! Punch Sideiron! Gristle McThornBody! Slake Fistcrunch! Buff Hardback! Blast Thickneck! Crunch Buttsteak! Slab Squatthrust! Lump Beefbroth! Touch Rustrod! Reef Blastbody! Big McLargeHuge! Smoke Manmuscle! Pete Punchbeef! Pack Blowfist! Roll Fizzlebeef!)


("You have five seconds to explain to me why I didn't end up in 1977 with everyone else, or I'm just going to start shooting.")


(Widmore was banished from the Island for pointing out Ben's ridiculous hairpiece.)


("Okay guys, here's the scoop. When we get into the Temple, we're looking for the Lost Hat Of Napoleon. I've been told that it's located in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, but it's protected by two, maybe three different Temple Guards. We only have ond-and-a-half Pendants of Life, so if one of us makes it to the Throne of the Pretender, you can grab the other half there. We only have three minutes, or we can kiss that trip to Space Camp goodbye, and I'm not leaving here with nothing but a goddamn savings bond. Silver Snakes ahoy!")


(Despite repeated warnings from Penny, Desmond insists on purchasing the nitroglycerin-laced mandarin oranges.)


("WAAAAAALLLLLLT!!!!!")


(The new Radiohead video is even weirder than usual. Indie Rock joke, bitch!)


(Chubby Ana Lucia saves the day.)


("I'm so, so sorry that I indirectly participated in this show jumping the shark! AAAUGH!")

Well, there you have it; another Lost Friday in the books. Start the conversation in the comments section, enjoy your week and check out every Lost Friday so far this season. Mix-Tape reviews arrive next week. Thanks much.

Season 5 - Episode 1/2 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 4 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 5 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 6 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 7 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 9 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 10 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 11 Review.

Comments:
Uh oh, I'm assuming CDP was not a fan of this particular episode.
 
Well, Blogger ate my comment. Oooookay.

Lets try this again:

Okay, so the episode taken as a whole left a lot to be desired, and they answered some questions that were a given and didn't really need to be addressed (I mean, we could've sort of figured that it was Desmond who beat the snot out of Ben). Part of the point of the episode, as far as I could tell, was character development for Ben. It was pointing out that yes, he's kind of a sociopath, but even he has some empathy and seems to have a soft-spot when it comes to children. It also sets Whidmore up as even more of a cold-hearted creep than we may have previously been shown. It was just one of those episodes. Next week we get Miles talking to dead people while exchanging clever quips with Hurley, and I think that will be a winner. Seriously - I think that some of this season's dialogue between those two characters has rivaled some of Hurley and Sawyer's lines in previous seasons.

Also, THANK YOU for the for Action Linus! caption.

Are you following Kevin Murphy on Twitter yet? If not, you should, if only for the snippets of conversation between him and Bill Corbett. I think Joel might just be a Twitterer too, actually.
 
I actually liked this episode alot.

And Ben totally does look like Thom in that picture underwater.

I thought the Widmore character looked quite a bit like the older version.
 
I think it was pretty decent casting - I thought there was a resemblance, just with the younger Charles having more (& darker) hair. Although - I thought that the actor they cast as his much younger self in the jungle had lighter hair. Now, is it just me or has some of the show's continuity gone down the crapper?

And Mike Nelson is on Twitter, which made me squee like an idiot this morning.
 
MAUS - I'm following Mike, Bill and Kevin on Twitter, and yeah, Bill is seriously one of the funniest guys in the world.
 
Ha! Radiohead.
 
Yeah, I think the Charles of young had sandy hair. But most people's hair does get darker as they ago so I guess it's not *too* bad :)

The one thing I didn't like about this episode was the pictures swirling in the smoke monster. It looked a bit hokey.
 
poor Ceasar, I actually kind of liked him.

Smoke monster = not my favorite 'character' on the show, aka Eko's death = stupidest death ever. Whenever they use it I feel like it's more of a "Crap. What do we do with this character? Oh yeah, we can use Smokey on them! It will move the plot forward and be totally legit because it's been there since the start!" yeah, but what about the fact that it's a freaking SMOKE MONSTER??!?
 
HATHERY/CAITLIN - Exactly. I knew that it was only a matter of time before they had to resort to weird stuff to explain their storyline, but we've had to suspend our disbelief a whole helluva lot this season.
 
I still kind of lean towards nano-technology or something similar. But that doesn't exactly explain the freaking Anubis motif they've got everywhere.
 
All I know for sure is the new "tailies" have been to this island before. Are they Whidmore's people? Are they "hostiles"?
 
Either they're Whidmore plants (again - becuase, you know...that worked out sooo well the last time), or Ben's got his self a Former Other army and there's a war to be waged. Or something?
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I moved my last comment over to my blog where it belongs. I got all over excited and over share-y for a minute.
 
I was thinking they might be some sort of "others" that pre-date the "others" that Richard leads. They seemed to know a lot about that statue...
 
I always finish reading this feature wondering if you do actually watch the show.
 
I haven't watched Lost in three years, between you and me.
 
It's true--he doesn't. We usually watch episodes of Will & Grace on DVD instead.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home