Friday, April 3

Lost Friday - "Whatever Happened, Happened."


Season 5 - Episode 11: "Whatever Happened, Happened."

Another Lost Friday is upon us, we have much to discuss.

To start things off, I want to send out a big Thank You to the loyal members of the CDP Network, as we broke the 30,000 hit mark last month for only the third time in CDP history. I appreciate it very much, even if my Free MySpace Poetry was once again criminally ignored by the masses. I get it; you don't like satire, fine. See if I care.

Next up on my mind is the constant bewildering ridiculousness that is the Internet. The idea of a magic box that could produce any insane fantasy you could possibly conjure has been the talk of Sci-Fi novels since the turn of the Century, and I think that we take it for granted every day now that it's been here for almost 20 years. To me, it's absolutely amazing that I can fantasize about watching the Rockafire Explosion play an Arcade Fire song, only to have the Internet nod in my general direction, say "Thy will be done," and give me exactly whatever nutball thought that comes to me at 3:45am. If you presented the Internet in it's current form to a World's Fair in 1922, you'd be heralded as a God. In 2008, you're just another lonely man with a Furry fetish. Unreal, and worth taking a moment to appreciate.

And no, I'm not high right now.

Thirdly, I have no idea why I willingly allow a bunch of college kids that I don't know to take money out of my pocket every March, but for the 12th straight year, I lost the NCAA office pool in spectacular fashion (my last victory was in 1997, my Sophomore year in High School, when I was the only guy in my entire class to pick Kentucky). I have one team left in the Final Four (UNC), and I picked them to lose to Pitt, which means that I've been dicked for well over a week now. Thanks Barack Obama; I followed your lead by mimicking your bracket, and you whizzed it down your leg instantly. Makes me wonder what else you're going to whiz down your leg, hmm?

I've got my eye on you.

Getting into this week's episode of Lost, I quite enjoyed it, and thought it set up the remainder of the season quite nicely. From Jack once again going apathetic, to Alpert dragging Ben back to the Temple (presumably for the Temple Games, immediately following the Steps of Knowledge), to Hurley asking all of the questions that we'd like to ask, this week did exactly what it needed to do, regardless of if you thought it was slightly plodding or not.

So let's get to the funny.


("I'm never gonna WHARRGRRBL dance again, guilty feet have BLARGHALABA got no rhythm, thought it's easy GAAAAHHHHRB to pretend, I know you're GOLOLOLGGGH not a fool!!!")


("Sorry Kate, the line for child-kidnapping whores forms over there.")


(Walgreens: Voted 'The Best Place To Abandon Your Child' for the twentieth year in a row.)


("YOU CAN'T SEE ME!")


(Wait a minute...where have I seen this before...)


(Man, just when I think I have this show figured out.)


(Dear Lost, before this season is over, please allow me to watch Horace's withered husk get butchered and scattered to every corner of the Island. Thank you.)


("Well, the bad news is that Ben is in really bad shape. The good news is that, because of him, we've successfully located the Gay Gene.")


("...And then, and then the monkey smells his finger and falls out of the tree. Dur-hur!")


(Hurley: The Thing That Only Eats Hippies.)


("If I don't have a home pregnancy test and a Bacon Wave in my hands in less than three seconds, you will rue the day I entered this Walgreens, sir.")


(A ever-confused Jack gets stuck in his t-shirt yet again.)


("Yes, I will fix Ben for you...with my sexiness.")


("God...why did I have to steal such a loser of a kid?")


(I've gotta say, Ben's tube top is not working for him at all.)


("Oh, hey there, Locke...oh, poopie.")

Well, there you have it, another Lost Friday in the books. Start the conversation in the comments section, check out links to every Lost Friday so far this season, and if you're still lonely, you can follow my Twitter feed at the top of the sidebar all weekend. I'm your buddy; I'd never just up and abandon you like that.

Thanks much.

Season 5 - Episode 1/2 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 4 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 5 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 6 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 7 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 9 Review.
Season 5 - Episode 10 Review.

Comments:
I'm the mother to a seven year old boy, so that is the only reason I totally got the Hurley caption referencing John Cena. My son does that "you can't see me" thing all the freaking time...

And I find Horace's mouth creepily trout-like. Creeeeepy!
 
I normally am not a huge fan of Kate, but for some reason I liked her this episode, maybe it was because she's always whiney and upset, but this time she actually had good reason to be.
Also, is it just me, or does Jack look better in a Dharma jumpsuit than any of the other clothes he's ever worn? And HA HA to him looking exactly like Bigfoot - nice catch! That was totally on purpose ...
Also, Horace reminds me of the creepy doctor dude in Independence Day. "Reeeeleassssse meeeeeee."
 
MAUS - Where else would you get a WWE reference, a Wham! reference, a Dead Milkmen reference and a still image from the Patterson Film in one single blog post? Oh, and Horace sort of looks like Bill Hicks to me, in a Alternate Dimension sort of way.

CAITLIN - I hear you about Kate. She's had a good storyline, but I still think things would have been a little easier if she had told the truth every once in awhile.

As soon as I saw that photo of Jack, I knew exactly what it looked like.
 
I HATE Horace. I cannot wait until his ass gets purged.
 
Boy, I'm a real comment killer aren't I!
 
Heh, well it wasn't me this week I guess? Or everyone started their weekend drinking early...
 
I blame Twitter.
 
Stupid Twitter and its many tweets.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home