Wednesday, July 8

No More Entertainment #9 - A Lifetime Of Albums.



(NOTE: While authorities continue to search for the
recently-missing Ryan J. Zeinert, the CDP will be publishing previously unreleased and 'lost' content from his vast archives in his absence. The following list was found on a flash drive Mr. Zeinert had left behind; it also contained a Christmas wishlist from 1996, an unfinished 'erotic' screenplay and an autobiographical obituary written as if Zeinert had somehow become President of the United States.)

A quick list of my favorite album for each year I've been alive (27 years). Make that 32 albums, as I couldn't make my mind up for a handful of them.


Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes - 1982


Everything Falls Apart – Husker Du - 1983


The Smiths – The Smiths - 1984


Flip Your Wig – Husker Du - 1985


Reign In Blood – Slayer - 1986


Pleased To Meet Me – The Replacements - 1987


It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back – Public Enemy – 1988


Disintegration – The Cure - 1989


Energy – Operation Ivy - 1989


Allroy Saves – ALL - 1990


Loveless – My Bloody Valentine - 1991


Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine - 1992


Siamese Dream – Smashing Pumpkins – 1993


Dookie – Green Day - 1994


Weezer – Weezer - 1994


Insomniac – Green Day - 1995


Pinkerton – Weezer – 1996


Whatever And Ever Amen – Ben Folds Five – 1997


Hello Rockview – Less Than Jake - 1998


In The Aeroplane Over The Sea – Neutral Milk Hotel – 1998


Something To Write Home About – The Get Up Kids - 1999


Through Being Cool – Saves The Day - 1999


Relationship Of Command – At The Drive-In – 2000


Stay What You Are – Saves The Day - 2001


The Moon Is Down – Further Seems Forever - 2001


For Young Electric Pop! – Polysics – 2002


Reconstruction Site – The Weakerthans - 2003


Funeral – Arcade Fire - 2004


Illinois – Sufjan Stevens – 2005


Audition – POS - 2006


Neon Bible – Arcade Fire - 2007


Stay Positive – The Hold Steady – 2008

Sound off in the comments section, include your 'Lifetime Of Albums' and enjoy your day.

Comments:
I can't even imagine choosing an album for every year I'm alive. That would mean having to figure out what year things were released and then THINK about it. Gah! Too much effort.
 
And the effort gets bigger as the years pass...yucky...almost 30 I am.
 
I wouldn't do it based on when they were released, Hathery. I'd base it on the album that sticks with me the most from a given year. So, for example, 2nd grade (1990), when I got my first stereo, would be all about Neil Diamond's "Hot August Night." 1991 would be Tommy Roe's "Dizzy." (*sigh* I was a weird kid.) 1993 (or was it 1994?) would be Jesus Christ Superstar. Seventh grade would be Tom Petty's "Wildflowers." I'd be hard-pressed to determine exactly when my embarrassing obsession with Everybody Hurts and--to a much lesser degree--the rest of Automatic for the People peaked, since it kind of came and went, but I guess I'd assign it to 8th grade. 1996 was my blessedly short-lived experiment with contemporary country (created solely because I spent every Saturday night at my best friend's house where my options were country or Christian rock). I never actually bought any albums; it was all about 94.9 WQMX. Oddly, I don't remember any other albums in particular from high school. Perhaps I was too busy being angsty and deep.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home