Monday, September 14The CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 6 Drawing.
It's go time, kids!
After extensive laboring, uploading e-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 20 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 6. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a mix-tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.
The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a friend picked a number, and I eliminated the names, 'MASH'-style. I don't think kids still play 'MASH,' but that's neither here nor there:
1. theCDP will be creating a Mix for Cargirl.
2. Benjamin will be creating a Mix for Fleur Tatious.
3. Smedley will be creating a Mix for Emily.
4. Mike Hoss will be creating a Mix for Caitlin.
5. John Jenkel will be creating a Mix for Eric.
6. Joshua James will be creating a Mix for BluStaCon.
7. Mike I. will be creating a Mix for Fiona.
8. Eric will be creating a Mix for UK John.
9. BluStaCon will be creating a Mix for Brian.
10. Wallrock will be creating a Mix for Regan.
11. UK John will be creating a Mix for Sherry.
12. Brian will be creating a Mix for Hathery.
13. Hathery will be creating a Mix for Joshua James.
14. Sherry will be creating a Mix for Wallrock.
15. Emily will be creating a Mix for Mike I.
16. Cargirl will be creating a Mix for John Jenkel.
17. Fleur Tatious will be creating a Mix for Mike Hoss.
18. Caitlin will be creating a Mix for Benjamin.
19. Regan will be creating a Mix for theCDP.
20. Fiona will be creating a Mix for Smedley.
Wonderful. Here's what we all do next:
1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone over the next several hours (give me at least until around the end of the work day to finish), reminding them who's creating a Mix-Tape for whom, and what that person's e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:
"Benjamin, the CDP is making a Mix-Tape for you. His e-mail address is email@example.com. Please contact him and give him your mailing address."
2. It will then be up to the future recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address. For example:
"Hey CDP, it's Benjamin. I'm looking forward to your mix-tape; my address is blah-bloo-blee."
3. One you get the mailing address of the person you're sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! Be creative; I've seen amazing artwork, brilliant track selections and overall awesome efforts by everyone every time, so I'm expecting nothing less this time around, as well. Remember that the theme of the Trade is 'Six Degrees' so create your best compilation or stand-alone Mix and get to work!
Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28. Now that you know who you're making a mix for, you should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two full weeks. If someone gets left out, I'll feel personally responsible, so please don't make an ass out of me, or I'll publicly ostracize you here on the CDP. I've seen too many people create wonderful pieces of art and get nothing in return, so...don't do that, please.
4. If you're having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact immediately me and I'll sort it out. I'm pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it's taking a ludicrous amount of time.
Of course, once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone's packages. Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved.
5. I always mention this (and I'll mention it again in your e-mail), but if you're looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as uniting and awesome as the Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your mix. My mailing address is as follows:
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
Any mixes that make it to Headquarters by the end of September will be personally spotlighted and reviewed by me on the CDP in October. Also in October, I'll be drawing a random name from the list of Mix-Tape Trade participants to win a FREE CDP COFFEE MUG!
You should be receiving your instructional e-mails by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner before Monday, September 28th!
Comments: << Home