Monday, March 15

The CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 7 Drawing.



It's go time, kids!

After extensive laboring, uploading E-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 25 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 7. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a Mix-Tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.

The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a friend picked a number, and I eliminated the names, 'MASH'-style. I don't think kids still play 'MASH,' but that's neither here nor there:

1. BENJAMIN will be creating a Mix for SMEDLEY.
2. SMEDLEY will be creating a Mix for ANDREA.
3. BLUSTACON will be creating a Mix for KENNY.
4. ERIC will be creating a Mix for REESE.
5. WALLROCK will be creating a Mix for TJ.
6. UK JOHN will be creating a Mix for FIONA.
7. BRIAN will be creating a Mix for SHERRY.
8. LEVI will be creating a Mix for CELIA.
9. MIKE HOSS will be creating a Mix for HILBELINK.
10. MIKE I. will be creating a Mix for HEATHER.
11. MATT will be creating a Mix for EMILY.
12. EPHLAND will be creating a Mix for CARGIRL.
13. CELIA will be creating a Mix for EPHLAND.
14. SHERRY will be creating a Mix for MATT.
15. FIONA will be creating a Mix for MIKE I.
16. TJ will be creating a Mix for MIKE HOSS.
17. ANDREA will be creating a Mix for LEVI.
18. KENNY will be creating a Mix for BRIAN.
19. REESE will be creating a Mix for UK JOHN.
20. HILBELINK will be creating a Mix for WALLROCK.
21. CAITLIN will be creating a Mix for ERIC.
22. HEATHER will be creating a Mix for BLUSTACON.
23. EMILY will be creating a Mix for THE CDP.
24. CARGIRL will be creating a Mix for BENJAMIN.
25. THE CDP will be creating a Mix for CAITLIN.

Wonderful. Here's what we all do next:

1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone today (give me until late evening; I won't be home from the Twin Cities until the afternoon), reminding them who's creating a Mix-Tape for whom, and what that person's e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:

"Ben, Ryan is making a Mix-Tape for you. His e-mail address is communistdance@yahoo.com. Please contact him and give him your mailing address."

2. It will then be up to the future recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address. For example:

"Ryan, it's Ben. I'm looking forward to your mix-tape; my address is blah-bloo-blee."

3. One you get the mailing address of the person you're sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! Be creative; I've seen amazing artwork, brilliant track selections and overall awesome efforts by everyone every time, so I'm expecting nothing less this time around, as well. Remember that the theme of the Trade is 'Your New Favorite Band,' so create your best Greatest Hits collection and get to work!

Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, MARCH 29. Now that you know who you're making a Mix for, you should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two full weeks. If someone gets left out, I'll feel personally responsible, so please don't make an ass out of me, or I'll publicly ostracize you here on the CDP. I've seen too many people create wonderful pieces of art and get nothing in return, so...don't do that, please.

4. If you're having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact me immediately and I'll sort it out. I'm pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it's taking a ludicrous amount of time.

Of course, once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone's packages. Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved.

5. I always mention this (and I'll mention it again in your e-mail), but if you're looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as uniting and awesome as the Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your mix. My mailing address is as follows:

theCDP
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
53590

Like I said when we announced the Trade, any mixes that make it to Headquarters by the end of March will be entered into a contest as I search for my 'New Favorite Band,' and if I choose your Mix as my favorite, I'll send you a FREE CDP T-SHIRT! Simple as that! Send one my way!

You should be receiving your instructional e-mails by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner before Monday, March 29th!

Comments:
Awesome!
 
Mine are burned and ready to go. I just need to type some notes then go to the post office. Maybe I'll email the right person this time. Third time's the charm!
 
My playlists are picked. I have a 4 CD set for my artist. While I am not revealing the artist, here are the semi-finalists:

Robin Trower (inc. Procol Harum)
Fairport Convention
The Dillards
Lucero
The Jesus Lizard
Eleventh Dream Day
Reigning Sound
Jay Farrar (inc. Uncle Tupelo & Son Volt)

Honorable Mention:
Stone The Crows
Wishbone Ash
The Radiators (US)
Tim Buckley
Caitlyn Cary (inc. Whiskeytown)
American Princes
Lindisfarne
The Pentangle
Arson Garden
 
Oh, and add Ike Reilly to the honorable mention. Can't make out my chicken tracks.
 
Lucero was in my consideration pile as well, but I felt that since I shamefully do not own their entire catalog I could not swing it. Same as with DBT (though my pre-order of The Big To-Do came on Saturday and is even more kick-ass than I expected).

I'm pretty confident in my decision at this point, though seeing Ted Leo last night nearly made me switch.
 
I'm so excited!!!
 
EPHLAND - It's finally go time!

MIKE - Awesome; I'll have the e-mails out in a few hours.

SMED - Damn, I don't know half of those groups; I'm really excited to see the four that you selected.

WALLROCK - The Ted Leo catalog is rich and deep; dude can do no wrong in my book.

CAITLIN - I hope you like what I'm sending you; I really dig it!
 
I also want to let people know that from this point forward, I will be keeping track of who has made a Mix for whom, in order to prevent cases of the same people making Mixes for each other (I'll dig through the archives and put together a spreadsheet or something). If you have someone this time around that you just made a Mix for, rest assured that it probably won't happen again for a very long time.
 
No, I'm not selecting four. I'm selecting ONE, with 4 CDs for this one group. Needless to say, it's a deep and varied catalog.
 
so if you haven't heard from the person you're making it for, is it ok to send them a message? i know that isn't how the rules play, but it's just sitting on the kitchen table whimpering to be set free.
 
ANDREA - I'd give them until the end of the work week, but yeah, then you may want to e-mail them to make sure. Let me know if there's an issue.
 
ok, i'll give to monday if still no word then i'll try big event tomorrow at SPHD if you and the missus wanna stop by, supposedly we're gonna have a leprachaun handing out gold. Already had a bagpiper this week.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home