Friday, March 5

Lost Friday - "Sundown."


Season 6 - Episode 6: "Sundown."

Another Lost Friday is upon us. We have much to discuss. What a ridiculous week.

On Monday, we had to take apart and wash our couch, as one of the cats thought it would be funny to piss on it. For me, a shaking ball of anxiety with OCD, this pretty much shot my night in the foot. Nonetheless, we gave Rory a stern talking-to about what life on the street would be like for him (awful), and settled back into normalcy. On the floor, naturally.

On Tuesday, Rory then took it upon himself to crap on the Guest Bedroom bed. I discovered this after coming home from a long day of work and having to listen to people tell me how unoriginal my latest Mix-Tape Trade is (it isn't). Again, I don't take kindly to feces in any form, so I once again flipped out and went on a house-cleaning binge. When this did not satisfy my neurosis, I left the house and did two weeks worth of grocery shopping to calm myself down. While I can typically handle the big things with relative ease, it's the multitude of little things that send me into a trademark rage.

I have not been fun to get along with this week.

On Wednesday, the Missus told me she needed to stop at Target after work. She said she needed hair spray. What I didn't realize was that the transaction would take place in the parking lot of the retail store, out of the back of a woman's SUV. Apparently, the Missus was on Craigslist (perusing anonymous hookups, I presume), when she saw that a local beauty salon was going out of business, and selling their remaining inventory for dirt-cheap. The Missus is addicted to a particular kind of hair spray that is- I kid you not- 22 dollars a bottle, and thought that this would be a good way to soothe her insanely expensive haircare needs while also saving money and helping a local (unemployed) businesswoman.

It was one of the stranger parking lot transactions on record.

On Thursday, we had to take the stained/soaked Guest Bedroom comforter to the laundromat, which marked the first time in well over a decade that I have stepped foot inside such a tragic and lonely establishment. The last time I had to pay to wash my clothes was 2004, when we had to pump quarters into the machines in our apartment's Laundry Room. I don't remember those days too fondly; we always had to walk to the nearby bowling alley in order to get change. There was a machine inside of the arcade, which was always an extremely depressing walk, especially in the dead of Winter.

This was not the way I wanted to spend my week. This is also around the time where I hit the roof and stayed there.

My fuse, attention span, anxiety and overall I've-had-it-ness with everyone around me was impossible to ignore. While I typically embrace and enjoy the 'It only happens to me' lifestyle that I write about on a daily basis, it's sometimes not as fun as you would think. I got myself so worked up that I actually got sick with a disgusting cough, no less than 24 hours before a long and relaxing weekend in Chicago (where I probably am as you read this, voiceless and tripping out on Oxycodone). I'm not even bringing my phone; if I die, you pricks can find out about it in the paper.

But just in case I do die, I'll be staying here, eating here, and getting drunk here.


("YESSS!")

This week's episode of Lost was absolutely fantastic. Certainly worthy of 16 Haikus. Enjoy!

ALTERNATE-DIMENSION TIMELINE (2004):


("So...what's it like having sex with the only woman I've ever loved?")

Unrequited love.
Boomerangs from Australia.
Dinner is over.


("Christ, and I thought I was crazy.")

The dry-cleaning game
Is a real dirty business
When you've got no cash.

Take the kids to school;
Omer had an accident.
That douche shot Alex!


(FUN FACT: This marks the 1,000th time Sayid has been hit with a plank!)

Unrequited love's
Not really unrequited.
You don't deserve her.


("GOODBYE STOP SIGN!")

Sayid meets Keamy.
Bitch better have my money.
Everyone is killed.

Jin's in the freezer.
Me No Speak-A-Dee-English.
Hangs with the wrong crowd.

PRESENT-DAY TIMELINE (2007):

Sayid is evil.
Yes, Dogen knows Karate.
Best fight scene ever!

Man In Black with Claire.
He should have just gotten her
To move the ash ring.


("Locke...you're so...nude!")

Miles and Sayid.
"You were dead for two hours."
Event Horizon?


(Insert your own Silence Of The Lambs quote here.)

"Sayid; kill fake Locke
To prove that you are still good
And not Kill-rusty."

Sayid can't kill Locke.
Locke promises Nadia.
Sayid joins his team.


("...the HELL, man?!")

"Listen up, Temple!
The Man In Black is coming!
I hope you like death!"

Kate runs into Claire.
"Hey, I kidnapped your baby."
Claire is not amused.


(Sayid works on his Synchronized Swimming routine under the cover of darkness.)

Sayid: Pure Evil.
He swaggers with his dagger.
Fake Locke does the rest.

The beach folk show up.
Ben. Sun. Frank. Squarehead.
Sorry. Jin just left.


("He's dead. I'll let you know if his condition improves.")

Battle lines are drawn.
Locke leads an army of beards
Against...Hurley? Jack???

There you have it; another Lost Friday in the books. Sound off in the comments section, enjoy your weekend and tide yourself over with the following links:

Season 6 - Episode 1/2.
Season 6 - Episode 3.
Season 6 - Episode 4.
Season 6 - Episode 5.
I'm On Twitter.
I'm On Facebook.
Surviving 815.

I'll be in Chicago all weekend, returning with what I think is a pretty cool essay on Monday. See you then.

Comments:
Was it just me, or was hearing children happily exclaim "Uncle Sayid!" one of the more bizarre things to hear in awhile? I was also kinda sad to see Sayid join the dark side.
 
I don't have much to say about Lost this week - too bummed about Sayid going all evil and junk. Although, I much prefer Claire this way, for some reason. Fake-Locke looked rather surprised to see Kate walking with his merry little band of death soldiers (including at least one of the children, from what I saw)...I wonder what Sawyer is going to have to say when he sees her (wondering where he was, anyway?).

But your kitty seems to be having behavioral problems, and for that you have my sympathies (hopefully not health related, though?). That is reason #1 why we have a one cat limit at my house. I'm terrified that if I brought in another one my current cat would go absolutely ape-shit, and my upholstery would suffer (not to mention the peace and tranquility of my household). I hope that whole issue works itself out.
 
I really don't want Sayid to be evil, he's one of my favorites! That was a really dramatic episode and my hope for the rest of the season is that it's as awesome as this one, but with 17 times as many awesome Sayid vs. Someone else fight scenes.
 
I actually just laughed out loud at "Sayid works on his Synchronized Swimming routine under the cover of darkness." Congratulation!
 

Post a Comment

<< Home