Thursday, May 20

CDP Wayback Machine - Genesis/Super NES Edition.



(Originally published July 2009.)

In the past, we here at the CDP have counted down our favorite NES games of all-time, as well as our favorite Atari 2600 games of all-time (Part 1 here, Part 2 here). So it's due time that we move into the 16-Bit Era and introduce our favorite games for the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis as well.

Before any fanboys and gamer dorks have an aneurysm or nerdgasm over some countdown atrocity I'm certain to commit along the way, understand that this is my own personal list based on Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis games that I've been fortunate enough to play and own over the last 18 years, and by no means is a complete document of well-researched history. Please enjoy.


(#16: Super Punch-Out!!)

20. Super Bomberman
19. Star Fox
18. Lemmings
17. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
16. Super Punch-Out!!


(#12: F-Zero)

15. Mega Man X
14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
13. SimCity
12. F-Zero
11. Chrono Trigger


(#9: Super Metroid)

10. Super Castlevania IV
9. Super Metroid
8. Street Fighter II: Turbo
7. Donkey Kong Country
6. Super Mario All-Stars


5. Mega Man 7


4
. Final Fantasy III


3. Super Mario Kart


2. Super Mario World


1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Boom, roasted. Let's move on.



And now, my Top 20 Sega Genesis games. Please enjoy.


(#16: Golden Axe)

20. Jurassic Park
19. Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal" Boxing
18. PGA Tour Golf
17. Earthworm Jim
16. Golden Axe


(#15: Zombies Ate My Neighbors)

15. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
14. Road Rash
13. Super Smash TV
12. Sonic & Knuckles
11. Ghouls 'N Ghosts


(#9: Splatterhouse 2)

10. NHL ‘95
9. Splatterhouse 2
8. Phantasy Star IV
7. Sonic The Hedgehog
6. Pit-Fighter


5. NBA Jam


4. Madden NFL '95


3. Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition


2. Mortal Kombat (I & II)


1. Streets of Rage 2

Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day.Lost Friday arrives in less than 24 hours.

Comments:
Since my mother did not allow video games of any kind during my childhood years I know next to nothing about them. My only experiences came from occasionally playing Genesis at my best friend's house. The only game I actually recall was a jet fighter game called Raiden Trad - I was unilaterally terrible at it, never advancing beyond the second round. Therefore I was relegated to sitting behind my friend in the "Navigator's" seat, unhelpfully shouting out the location of bogeys and dying a theatrical death when necessary. I was his Goose, so to speak.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home