Monday, July 19

The CDP's Top 100 Movies Of The 90's (#100-81).

Photobucket

Welcome to Week Two of my three-week retrospectivus of the 1990's. I'm currently hard at work on my next book, but I still wanted to publish this straight-up, no-frills countdown as a way to keep the CDP fresh throughout the month of July. Don't take it too seriously; the opinions are my own and I hope you're at least slightly entertained.

First thing's first. The only films considered for the countdown had to be released in America at some point within the decade of the 90's. I also avoided obscure or hard-to find stuff, and based it as much as I could on my enjoyment of the film at the moment in time when which it aired. If you have a gripe, sound off in the comments section and let me know.

Enjoy.

Photobucket
100. Falling Down (1993)
99. Major League II (1994)
98. Pleasantville (1998)
97. The Fugitive (1993)
96. Toys (1992)
95. Rumble In The Bronx (1996)

Photobucket

94
. The Sandlot (1993)
93. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
92. Kingpin (1996)
91. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (1992)

Photobucket

90
. My Cousin Vinny (1992)
89. Tin Cup (1996)
88. Grumpy Old Men (1993)

Photobucket

87
. Empire Records (1995)
86. Billy Madison (1995)
85. Apollo 13 (1995)

Photobucket

84
. Predator 2 (1990)
83. Being John Malkovich (1999)
82. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993)
81. Ghost (1990)

Thanks for reading. Sound off in the comments section, enjoy your day and check back in tomorrow, as the countdown continues.

Comments:
'Falling Down' is an amazing movie - I don't run into a lot of people who have actually seen it. And my husband doesn't understand 'Being John Malkovich', whihc, I think, says as much about him as it does the film.

I actually hate some of the other movies you have on the list, but since it's your list, I won't gripe.
 
OH - by the way, there's talk of Mtv bringing back Beavis & Butthead.
 
What's with today today?
 
MAUS - The movies get better as the week progresses. :)

I didn't want to put Falling Down any higher, because as I get older, I agree less with the slightly Libertarian/Conservative mindset, but it's still a kick-ass film.

I heard about the B&B return, and about lost my collective poop. I trust Mike Judge in pretty much all of his decisions.
 
I think Pleasantville is one of the first DVDs my family bought - great movie!
 
I love the roller coaster of nostalgia and memories these lists are bringing from 3rd grade until senior year of high school.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home