Thursday, December 16

The CDP's Top 20 Albums Of 2010 (10-6).

Photobucket

The end of the year is approaching, which means that you're probably currently inundated with thousands of lists and end-of-the-year countdowns concerning all sorts of cultural achievements. Well, here at the CDP, it's no different, as today we continue to count down the Top 20 Albums Of 2010.

Just a quick word on the validity of this list. It's by no means a 'definitive' or 'good' list; merely a list of the 20 best albums purchased by me this year. I'm not Pitchfork, I don't get free albums, and I don't actively seek out things that would boost my indie cred. I'm just a dude, dudes, so take it for what it's worth and enjoy.

Photobucket
10. Girl Talk – All Day

Photobucket
9. Josh Ritter – So Runs The World Away

Photobucket
8. Ra Ra Riot – The Orchard

Photobucket
7. Fang Island – Fang Island

Photobucket
6. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs

What? Arcade Fire's not #1? Not even in the Top 5? Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your day; the countdown concludes tomorrow.

Comments:
If we took your collection and my collection and mashed it all together what would we get? I'm guessing either pure white noise, Metal Machine Music, or Mel Torme.
 
For the first time ever, I actually have TWO of these albums that you included in a single blog post from you in my iTunes. (Did that make sense?) I got the Girl Talk album as well as Arcade Fire.
 
I completely forgot that Ra Ra Riot came out with a new album this year. That will have to go on the "2010 in 2011" list along with Arcade Fire.

I wholly concur with Josh Ritter being present on this list.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home