Friday, December 17

The CDP's Top 20 Albums Of 2010 (5-1).

Photobucket

The end of the year is approaching, which means that you're probably currently inundated with thousands of lists and end-of-the-year countdowns concerning all sorts of cultural achievements. Well, here at the CDP, it's no different, as today we finally conclude our list of the Top 20 Albums Of 2010.

Just a quick word on the validity of this list. It's by no means a 'definitive' or 'good' list; merely a list of the 20 best albums purchased by me this year. I'm not Pitchfork, I don't get free albums, and I don't actively seek out things that would boost my indie cred. I'm just a dude, dudes, so take it for what it's worth and enjoy.

Photobucket
5. Titus Andronicus – The Monitor

Photobucket
4. The National – High Violet

Photobucket
3. Sleigh Bells - Treats

Photobucket
2. The Tallest Man On Earth – The Wild Hunt

Photobucket
1. The Hold Steady – Heaven Is Whenever

There you have it. Quick note: There were a lot of albums I didn't listen to this year, which you're more than welcome to tell me about in the comments section. However, please don't explain to me in detail why this list is garbage. I don't have the time or patience necessary this week to explain to you just how much of an asshole you'd sound like. I have a cold.

Before we wrap for the weekend, here's a look at previous CDP Album Of The Year winners:

2003 Winner: The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site
2003 Runner-Up: The Postal Service - Give Up

2004 Winner: Arcade Fire - Funeral
2004 Runner-Up: Communique' - Poison Arrows

2005 Winner: Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twins
2005 Runner-Up: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

2006 Winner: The Velvet Teen - Cum Laude!
2006 Runner-Up: P.O.S. - Audition


2007 Winner: Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2007 Runner-Up: Polysics - Karate House

2008 Winner: Girl Talk - Feed The Animals
2008 Runner-Up: Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line

2009 Winner: P.O.S. - Never Better
2009 Runner Up: fun. - Aim And Ignite

Thanks for reading. Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your weekend.

Monday - The CDP Year In Review.

Comments:
I am very sad. I had one band in the top twenty. I am crushed.
 
It ain't a contest, JScan. I know how much you dug the Black Keys this year, and they pretty much made every major list known to man, I just never got around to listening to it.
 
I only got a few albums this year. I really liked Stan Bush's "Dream the Dream". I'm waiting on the new Freezepop album in the mail so that might be my top album of 2011.
 
Also, the new Kanye West is overrated.
 
I agree with both your #1 and #5, but my order is reversed and I flagged Heaven is Whenever for flagrant usage of annoying backing vocals, resulting is a 3 spot drop. My top five, which I will post soon I swear it, go as follows:
1. Titus Andronicus The Monitor
2. Two Cow Garage Sweet Saint Me
3. The Gaslight Anthem American Slang
4. Against Me! White Crosses
5. Off With Their Heads In Desolation

Now it must be said, through the course of the week I've been listening to all five non-stop and after further consideration I might have to overturn my original penalty to Heaven is Whenever. This time of year always calls for deep contemplative thought, and as such I will spend the upcoming holiday weekend weighing this decision.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home