Friday, April 8

Relevant To Today's Youth.

Photobucket

Three years ago this week, my picture and Stickam profile were shown on G4's Attack Of The Show! In a related story, April of '07 was the last time either G4 or myself have been considered relevant in any way. Still a good year, though. People still cared about blogs.

It's no big deal, but seeing your face on television, particularly when you're not expecting to, is a jarring experience at best. I just remember looking at it for a second in confusion, then exclaiming "That's me!" to an empty living room and fumbling with the remote so I could record it. It was up for maybe five seconds, so I was lucky to have been watching at the time.

Strangely enough, this wasn't the first time I caught myself on television by accident. A year earlier, after attending a local taping of WWE's Friday Night Smackdown!, I was greeted with this split-second screengrab while watching the broadcast later in the week:

Photobucket

I'm not too hard to spot.

Sound off in the comments section, tell us about your unintentional moments in the limelight and enjoy your weekend.

Comments:
My only brush with televised fame was 22 years ago when I was on the local news for my eighth birthday - August 8th, 1988. Channel 15 sent a camera crew out to Vitense to interview me while my friends and I played mini golf. I had buck teeth and a Cubs hat slightly off-kilter, saying "It's my Golden Golden Golden Birthday" with a huge smile. My parents still have a VHS tape of it somewhere. The actual segment features more shots my adorable younger sister than me but I can't fault them for doing that. Another fun fact about that day - it was 88 degrees. A third fun fact - I will ALWAYS play pocket 8's in Texas Hold 'Em, regardless of the odds or the price of the bet.

I also was on the cover of the Rhythm magazine insert to the Wisconsin State Journal, but this was only because I was standing in front of the camera as the photo taker snapped a picture of the band Hum playing at the Barrymore.
 
Hey, it's me! With black hair!
 
I was just discussing with some people the other day about how it was such a big deal when I was a kid we got to be on this show that taped in Green Bay...had a clown on it. They don't remember it, so made me feel kinda crazy, but I'm sure I was there and it happened. My one claim to fame...
 
WALLROCK - Nice! Turning 8 on 8/8/88!

TAMMY - Oscar the Clown? In the 80's, it was a Northeastern Wisconsin rite of passage to be on Oscar's show at some point in your childhood. Awhile ago on the CDP, I told the story of the time my cousin and I were on the Thanksgiving episode, and the microphones picked up the sound of me making fun of everyone and everything for 30 straight minutes.
 
I personally do not have a claim to television fame but my house (which I don't even own) does. My husband and I were watching Pecker (a John Waters movie that no one outside of Baltimore has ever watched) because we knew it had been filmed in our quirky B-more neighborhood. About 10 minutes in my husband abruptly paused the movie and just stared at the screen. We were highly intoxicated so it took me a ridiculously long time to catch up and then I finally said, "Hey! That's our house!" We are Pecker's neighbor, and his grandmother's Pit Beef wagon is where I park my car. Pecker's house burned down not long after the movie was made and is now just a car pad for our neighbor's house. Also, they totally show cars going the wrong way on our "not-really-but-understood-to-be-one-way" street, and the fact that we know that made us feel way too cool, like we are 2 of only a handful of people to be in on the secret on Hollywood distorts reality.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home