Wednesday, March 26

2005 Flashback - 'Toronto Diary (3/5).'

DAY FOUR.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the day in pictures. I've had a bit of a long week, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. This was one of my favorite days of the vacation. Most everything went well, we stayed indoors for most of the day, and nobody got too cranky.

We spent most of the day at the Eaton Centre, the world-famous big-ass mall in the bowels of Toronto.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We had brunch in the food court, and split off to explore every inch of the mall's splendor.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Missus and I had a drink in the bar on the top floor before noon. Buzzing from my "Love Potion #9," we took in some of the upper-level views.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the Eaton Centre, we stopped by Much Music studios, in the aftermath of the big awards show.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Much is way cooler than MTV, because they let you right in the door.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We even met a VJ.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the stroll through Much Music, we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe. We saw memorabilia from such acts as Rush, Nickelback and Our Lady Peace. Psssh...Canada.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With our stomachs full of horrendously priced desserts, we went to the nearest Googolplex to check out Batman Begins.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The movie was actually very good. Big ups to Christopher Nolan, one of my favorite directors.

I'll have plenty more to say about day five. We go to Niagara Falls tomorrow.

DAY FIVE.

Here's the day in 10 easy steps:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Niagara Falls was huge. It felt like a constant earthquake all around you. I'm not much for land formations and whatnot, but Niagara Falls delivered the goods.)

1. Drive to Niagara Falls.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This boat took you right into the falls. I was in no mood to ruin my camera and wear a poncho.)

2. Enjoy Niagara Falls.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(See Mom? I really was calling you right from the falls. I could use my cell phone in Canada briefly when it was bouncing off the New York tower back in the states. USA! USA!)

3. Enjoy Niagara Falls strip.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Ben and Sherry quietly contemplate where to dispose the body of Natalee Holloway.)

4. Enjoy Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Museum.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This was a life-size model of Dr. Atkins just seconds before his mysterious death.)

5. Enjoy Dinosaur Miniature Golf.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(By this point in the day, Froggie here was the only person who would listen to what I had to say. The food at the Rainforest Cafe always sucks, so take a few pictures and move on.)

6. Enjoy Niagara Falls arcade.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Here in the states, we don't have statues of cops in the street, so this seemed a bit out of place as far as I was concerned. Ben was arrested less than a minute later.)

7. Enjoy Hershey's Chocolate store.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This place was beautiful. There was chocolate everywhere, even the money was made of chocolate. That reminds me, I have to deposit some of that chocolate money at the bank.)

8. Enjoy Kelsey's restaurant for dinner.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This wasn't a staged photo. I was really that happy to be there, holding my giant peanut butter and chocolate cookie.)

9. Drive to Toronto.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(This shot is for the Abercrombie catalog. They just need to photoshop my clothes off.)

10. Sleep.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home