Monday, April 14

The CDP TV25 Tournament (Day 5 of 20).

 photo TV25Logo_zps45a21d28.jpg

Welcome to Day 5 of the CDP TV25 Tournament to determine the Greatest Television Show of the Last 25 Years. Today you will be voting on the FIRST QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET.

 photo TV25Bracket5_zps8692854e.jpg

Today’s matchups are:

The X-Files vs. Homicide
NYPD Blue vs. Party Of Five
My So-Called Life vs. China Beach
Tales From The Crypt vs. Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Beverly Hills, 90210 vs. Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years vs. Melrose Place
Law and Order vs. Northern Exposure
Twin Peaks vs. Picket Fences

1. Voting for this portion of the tournament begins today at 12:01am CT and ends today at 11:59pm CT.

2. You may submit your votes one of three ways:
A. In the comments section below.
B. Through Facebook.
C. Through Twitter.

3. Vote only once per matchup, please.

Questions, comments or concerns? Want to make an argument for a show and sway some opinions? Sound off in the comments section and let your voice be heard. Tomorrow, we will vote on the SECOND QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET. Vote now and come back tomorrow, as we work our way through the tournament!

Vote now!

Comments:
The X-Files
NYPD Blue
My So-Called Life
Tales from the Crypt
Beverly Hills, 90210
The Wonder Years
Law and Order
Twin Peaks
 
The X-Files
?
My So-Called Life
Tales from the Crypt
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
?
Twin Peaks
 
The X-Files
NYPD Blue
China Beach
Tales From The Crypt
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
Law and Order
Picket Fences

 
Okay, I have not seen most of these so am I even qualified to vote? Who has seen all of these? I'm only 23!!! My netflix cue is now significantly longer.

The X-Files -- because I find it more pleasant to follow a small cast than one like in Homicide or Criminal Minds. also SKINNER!!
Party of Five -- the Firefly of the 90s.
??????? -- I love My So Called Life, but what the hell is China Beach
Tales From The Crypt -- It was funnier and more nuanced than AYAOTD?, and the latter also made me cry a bunch of times.
??????? -- Not enough info, I love Scott Bakula but I haven't seen Quantum Leap and my BH90210 knowledge is small
??????? -- Haven't seen either, I was born in 1991
??????? -- Northern Exposure is literally up next in my netflix cue.
??????? -- I want to say Twin Peaks because I think it's very very good on many levels, but I haven't seen Picket Fences so I don't feel it's morally acceptable to exert my chauvinism here.
 
This bracket represents the oldest dramas in the tournament, so yeah, if you're 23 they may have debuted before you were borned.

Also, I think you'd really like The Wonder Years. One of my all-time favorites.
 
Homicide - this is the hardest decision I've made so far. In the end I went with the head and not the heart.
NYPD Blue
China Beach
Tales From The Crypt - only in syndication and late at night.
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
Law and Order
Picket Fences - there's no denying the Skerritt. Plus I have always assumed life in Green Bay was EXACTLY like what was depicted in Rome, WI.
 
Homicide v. X-Files is tough. Homicide was groundbreaking and people sometimes forget that.

When I think about sneaking out of my bedroom late at night to watch TV, Tales From The Crypt is one of the first shows that comes to mind. So much fun.

Picket Fences is basically a true story.
 
"Picket Fences dealt with unusual topics for prime-time television, such as abortion, homophobia and LGBT adoption, transsexuality, racism, belief in God, medical ethics, polygamy, polyamory, adolescent sexuality (including nocturnal emission), date rape, cryonics, the Holocaust, shoe fetishism, masturbation, spontaneous human combustion, and constitutional rights."

Yeah, a BIT ahead of its time.
 
And also why I put it up against Twin Peaks in the opener. If you liked one, you probably liked the other.
 
Just for fun....

The X-Files
Party Of Five
My So-Called Life
Tales From The Crypt
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
Northern Exposure
Twin Peaks
 

Post a Comment

<< Home