Friday, April 4

The CDP TV25 Tournament - Selection Friday.

 photo TV25Logo_zps45a21d28.jpg

Welcome back to the CDP TV25 Tournament to decide the Greatest Television Show of the Last 25 Years. It's finally time to reveal the 128-show bracket. If you want to read my reasoning/logic for the way I put this all together, please refer to Monday's post where I break everything down for you. Let's get to it.

Here is the FIRST QUARTER of the COMEDY BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket1_zpsec6385fb.jpg

Shows include:

The Simpsons
3rd Rock From The Sun
The Ren and Stimpy Show
Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Eerie, Indiana
Roseanne
Saved By The Bell
Beavis and Butthead
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Home Improvement
NewsRadio
Murphy Brown
Seinfeld
Family Matters

Here is the SECOND QUARTER of the COMEDY BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket2_zps1ba02102.jpg

Shows include:

Parks and Recreation
Shameless
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Louie
Veep
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
The Middle
Archer
Community
Girls
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Goldbergs
Bob's Burgers
Glee

Here is the THIRD QUARTER of the COMEDY BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket3_zpsa799f6bd.jpg

Shows include:

30 Rock
Pushing Daisies
How I Met Your Mother
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Futurama
Metalocalypse
Freaks and Geeks
My Name Is Earl
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Scrubs
The Office (US)
The Tick
Family Guy
Monk
Arrested Development
Weeds

Here is the FOURTH QUARTER of the COMEDY BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket4_zps7d48b00d.jpg

Shows include:

Friends
Hey Arnold!
Malcolm In The Middle
Daria
SpongeBob SquarePants
Boy Meets World
Everybody Loves Raymond
Will and Grace
Frasier
Home Movies
King Of The Hill
Sports Night
That 70's Show
The Critic
South Park
The Larry Sanders Show

Here is the FIRST QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket5_zps8692854e.jpg

Shows include:

The X-Files
Homicide
NYPD Blue
Party Of Five
My So-Called Life
China Beach
Tales From The Crypt
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Beverly Hills, 90210
Quantum Leap
The Wonder Years
Melrose Place
Law and Order
Northern Exposure
Twin Peaks
Picket Fences

Here is the SECOND QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket6_zps28e92708.jpg

Shows include:

Breaking Bad
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Scandal
Sons Of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
The Americans
Game Of Thrones
The Newsroom
House Of Cards
American Horror Story
True Detective
Homeland
Nashville
Once Upon A Time
The Walking Dead
Revolution

Here is the THIRD QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket7_zps96b48c0d.jpg

Shows include:

Lost
NCIS
Supernatural
Deadwood
House MD
Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
Battlestar Galactica
Heroes
Veronica Mars
Grey's Anatomy
Friday Night Lights
True Blood
Fringe
Desperate Housewives
Mad Men
Dexter

Finally, here is the FOURTH QUARTER of the DRAMA BRACKET:

 photo TV25Bracket8_zps42807304.jpg

Shows include:

The Sopranos
The O.C.
Sex And The City
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
The West Wing
Firefly
ER
Ally McBeal
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Smallville
Six Feet Under
The Shield
Oz
Dawson's Creek
The Wire
The Lone Gunmen

To view the entire bracket in one cohesive chunk, you can check it out right here.

Voting begins MONDAY, as we begin with the FIRST QUARTER of the COMEDY BRACKET, and work our way through Round 1 over the next two weeks. Sound off in the comments section, let me know your predictions, rant about your favorite show not making it in, and anything else as we patiently await the start of voting.

See you Monday!

Comments:
Damn, there are some brutal first round match-ups in the middle of the Comedy bracket. I'm going to have a tough time with Futurama/Metalocalypse and 30 Rock/Pushing Daisies.

I expected there would be a lot of tough calls in the Drama bracket given the overall strength of the field, but The X-Files/Homicide right off the bat? That's just a body blow to my entire Nineties television experience. I kind of feel bad for The Lone Gunmen too. Terrible show, but it's about to be taken out to the vacants.
 
A potential Archer/Bob's Burgers showdown in the Round of 32. You dirty bastard.

I CAN'T WAIT!
 
WALLROCK - I thought the opening round matchup of Adventure Time v. Regular Show was particularly monstrous.

And yeah, the Drama Bracket is stacked. I couldn't leave The Lone Gunmen out, but they're basically the play-in game winner going up against Florida. I literally have no idea what show is going to win this thing.
 
BRIAN - I was filling out a personal bracket just to see how the voting matches up with my picks, and damn, it got diabolical after a while.
 
I keep telling my students how much I love television. I am all atingle with anticipation!
 
Yes! Don't forget to vote throughout the tournament!

TV is (quite clearly) my favorite cultural medium ever. I like it more than the Internet, film, books, even music in a lot of regards. I think I like it more now than ever, because there is a legitimate argument that it's either dying or permanently changing as a form of entertainment. I'm not sure we're really going to be able to do another tournament like this 25 years from now.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home