Saturday, August 23

The Top 100 Simpsons Episodes Of All-Time: Honorable Mentions.



Hey there, kids. I sincerely hope you've been enjoying the countdown of our 100 favorite Simpsons episodes of all-time. If you've been following along with us from the beginning, there's no doubt that you have your arguments as to why my particular list was completely wrong from start to (eventual) finish. Today, before we launch into our Top 50 next week, I wanted to briefly talk about how I took my favorite television series ever, and managed to handpick my 100 personal favorites (and 5 least-favorites, which you'll see tomorrow).

First off, it goes without saying that this is a 100% opinion-based countdown. If you want to take the time to explain to me in detail why no episode produced in the last decade should have made the countdown, I implore you to create a list of your own, print that list out, tightly roll it up and shove it deep within the black recesses of your anal cavity, because nobody cares.

It would have been easy, sterile and boringly similar to every other Simpsons list to go that route. Therefore, I made it a point to feature a certain amount of episodes from all 20* seasons thus far. If there was a recent episode that I quite enjoyed, it took a certain amount of precedence over an episode I may have enjoyed a decade ago. I find certain 'classic' episodes overrated. I find certain 'recent' episodes underrated (Seasons 19 and 20 have been arguably the best of the new millennium). I haven't seen that 'Mr. Plow' episode in forever, so it got lost in the shuffle when it came time to sift through over 220 hours of landmark TV. Stuff like that.

(*This countdown is a re-post from 2009, if you didn't already know. Seasons 21-25 are not represented in this list.)

I stand by my countdown, but for a show with as many good episodes as The Simpsons, I can't spotlight them all. Therefore, here is a compendium list to my Top 100; a list of 35 additional episodes that did not make my Top 100. There is at least one episode from each season here, and they all could have arguably made the Countdown. Maybe this will cork the cryholes of some of the more vocal critics out there. Enjoy!

Season 1
"Moaning Lisa" (Episode 6 Overall)
"The Telltale Head" (Episode 8 Overall)

Season 2
"Dancin' Homer" (Episode 18 Overall)
"Dead Putting Society" (Episode 19 Overall)
"Lisa's Substitute" (Episode 32 Overall)

Season 3
"Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington" (Episode 37 Overall)
"Bart's Friend Falls In Love" (Episode 58 Overall)

Season 4
"Kamp Krusty" (Episode 60 Overall)
"Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie" (Episode 65 Overall)
"Marge Gets A Job" (Episode 66 Overall)
"Mr. Plow" (Episode 68 Overall)
"Whacking Day" (Episode 79 Overall)

Season 5
"Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" (Episode 95 Overall)
"Bart Gets An Elephant" (Episode 98 Overall)
"Burns' Heir" (Episode 99 Overall)

Season 6
"Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy" (Episode 113 Overall)
"Bart's Comet" (Episode 117 Overall)

Season 7
"Radioactive Man" (Episode 130 Overall)
"The Day The Violence Died" (Episode 146 Overall)
"The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish" (Episode 150 Overall)

Season 8
"Hurricane Neddy" (Episode 161 Overall)
"The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show" (Episode 167 Overall)

Season 9
"The Trouble With Trillions" (Episode 198 Overall)

Season 10
"Kidney Trouble" (Episode 211 Overall)
"Homer To The Max" (Episode 216 Overall)

Season 11
"Eight Misbehavin'" (Episode 233 Overall)

Season 12
"Hungry, Hungry Homer" (Episode 263 Overall)

Season 13
"Half-Decent Proposal" (Episode 279 Overall)

Season 14
"I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can" (Episode 303 Overall)

Season 15
"Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples And Teens And Gays" (Episode 321 Overall)

Season 16
"Midnight Rx" (Episode 341 Overall)

Season 17
"The Italian Bob" (Episode 364 Overall)

Season 18
"You Kent Always Say What You Want" (Episode 400 Overall)

Season 19
"Mona Leaves-a" (Episode 419 Overall)

Season 20
"Mypods and Boomsticks" (Episode 427 Overall)

Boom. Ass covered; argument averted. Sound off in the comments section and enjoy your weekend. The Top 50 arrives next week, and my list of the 5 worst Simpsons episodes of all-time is up tomorrow.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home