Wednesday, May 25

TV Month 2016 - The Nuclear Nielsen Family (Part 3).

 photo TVMonthChannel18_zpsxvw0nyk6.jpg

In March of 2013, I kept a log of every television show I watched for an entire week. Every single program, good or bad, no exceptions. As a result, I also inadvertently kept a log of nearly everything else I did during that time. Here are the links:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5

I had a lot of fun doing this, so I wanted to bring it back for TV Month 2016. Here then, Part 3 of the TV viewing habits of yours truly, for better or for worse. Let's go.

TUESDAY, MAY 10

1:00-2:00pm - Hannibal Buress: Live From Chicago
2:00-2:30pm - NFL Live
2:30-3:00pm - The Jump
3:00-3:30pm - SportsNation
3:30-4:00pm - Highly Questionable
4:00-4:30pm - Around the Horn
4:30-5:00pm - Pardon the Interruption
5:00-5:30pm - NBC 15 News
5:30-6:00pm - NBC Nightly News
6:00-6:30pm - Seinfeld
6:30-7:00pm - Wheel of Fortune
7:00-8:00pm - The Flash
8:00-9:30pm - Heat vs. Raptors (DVR)
9:30-9:55pm - The Grinder (DVR)
9:55-12:15am - TrailBlazers vs. Warriors (Partial DVR)

As you can probably tell, I did not work on this day. I mean, I handled some domestic stuff, hit the treadmill and mailed a letter, but I mostly had the TV on for background noise. And my background noise is usually always ESPN. It's comfort food. Mac and cheese. There's nothing I like hearing more than the same five talking points, over and over again, spanning eight hours and 16 different shows.

 photo TestThreeLogo_zps7055c74c.jpg

Apparently the willingness to test the Missus' patience was high, because I then took in two basketball games in primetime after The Flash.

But hey, I also had time to cook dinner with my wife, AND take in a stray cat that wandered onto our porch during a thunderstorm. No joke. Right in the middle of mincing some kale or whatever, we hear a noise and five minutes later, we have a cat taking refuge in my office. A long stroll through the pouring rain and about an hour later, and the cat was safely returned to a neighbor down the street.

Dinner was delicious.

TOMORROW: THE NUCLEAR NIELSEN FAMILY (PART 4).

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home