Thursday, June 21Pick Me Up, Carry Me Home.
Here are 10 things to chew on. Get caught up, feast on table scraps and so forth.
1. My 3rd Anniversary was on Tuesday; me and the Missus celebrated by going out to a nice restaurant and crawling into bed by 11. It was all we cared to muster. Still though, I continue to love the woman more and more with each passing day.
It's probably the dementia catching up with me. Nah, she's pretty awesome sometimes.
2. My Great-Grandmother passed away last weekend at the age of 95. The funeral was a somber but celebratory atmosphere, perfectly encapsulated by the following quote from my Dad:
"Yeah, it's sad, but she was 95 years old! If there was something she needed to do, she probably already did it by now."
My projected year of death is currently 2050. I'll be 68 years old and more than ready to shuffle off. Also, 2050 is the projected release date of the CDP Book.
3. Speaking of which, the CDP Book is still running smoothly, albiet a bit slowly. The editing phase is a long one, and I'll let you know when I finally emerge. The CDP will stay in limbo until I say otherwise; I appreciate your support.
4. With a new Guitar Hero game arriving in July, I've been counting down the days by learning how to play Guitar Hero II with my opposite hand. I figure I can at least use this trick to impress the children at Best Buy. I already play left-handed with the notes backwards, so what I'm really trying to say is that I'm better than you. Always and forever.
5. The new banner at the top of the page is temporary and will be replaced by something cooler in the near future. I have more important things to be working on, so please bear with it for the time being.
6. Cute girls that work on commission at The Buckle should be banned from this planet from this point forward. Every time I'm approached by them, I cannot help but drop $200 and leave with bags of stuff that I'll never wear again. Years later, I'll see 8 shirts in the back of my closet with the tags still on them, and remember where I went so very wrong. These women need to be stopped; they know we're defenseless against their charms.
7. Me and the Missus were eating dinner on historic State Street last weekend, when I noticed a concert flyer on a kiosk across the street. I thought it was advertising a Sage Francis concert in Madison, which got me very excited. When dinner was done, I ran across the street to see the date of the show, when I noticed that it was actually a flyer for a Page France show.
My vision may not be superior anymore, but I'd like to think that anyone would have been fooled. It was the same font and everything.
8. I'm currently up to the letter 'J' in my CD collection in regards to the 'Upload everything I own into iTunes' project. My goal is to be done by the end of the year. Due to my CD purchasing habits, however, I will not be able to catch up with myself ever.
9. I just got done watching the 10th Anniversary edition of the AFI Top 100 Films special, and I've been left a bit inspired. I always push myself into watching and appreciating more classic American cinema, so I've made a promise to myself for the month of July. For the entire month, I will move heaven and earth to take in at least 1 classic movie every day. I'll keep you posted on my progress, which should fizzle out by Independence Day.
10. When do you want the next CDP Live Video Chat to be? Sound off in the comments section, and pick a date sometime in July. Allow me ample time to promote the hell out of the thing, and place fliers in select urban areas.
Back at it. Have a good one.